Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Flabbergasted by Canelo Pound-For-Pound Ranking Demotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Flabbergasted by Canelo Pound-For-Pound Ranking Demotion

Promoter Eddie Hearn has a hard time wrapping his head around the idea that Canelo Alvarez should be moved several pegs down from the top spot on pound-for-pound rankings.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If ducking smoke from Benavidez, Andrade, and Charlo is equal to handicapping himself then yes, he should stop handicapping himself and fight them.
    Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
      If ducking smoke from Benavidez, Andrade, and Charlo is equal to handicapping himself then yes, he should stop handicapping himself and fight them.
      Your delusional stop it. Canelo has the best resume in the sport by a huge margin. I can’t penalize him for taking risky fights that others aren’t willing to take. He’s definitely still top 3 and arguably still number 1.

Comment

if you showed that fight to someone who doesnt follow boxing and you told them that the mexican who was plodding around the ring hitting air and gloves is the pound for pound number 1 they would piss themselves laughing and probably get in touch with the local psychiatric services.
        Elastic Recoilz, Oldskoolg and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by WamBamSam23 View Post
          Your delusional stop it. Canelo has the best resume in the sport by a huge margin. I can’t penalize him for taking risky fights that others aren’t willing to take. He’s definitely still top 3 and arguably still number 1.
          Number 1 at ducking his rivals.
          Elastic Recoilz likes this.

Comment

P4P rankings are pretty ****ing arbitrary to begin with anyway. And Ring at least has Bivol below Canelo lol.
            Last edited by TMLT87; 05-25-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

He got throughly schooled and should be demoted. I don’t see anyone complaining that he shouldn’t get credit for his wins at 154/155 when he had a significant size difference over his opponents. And if we’re being real, At 23 yrs old he walked into the ring weighing 174. How much do you think he’s weighed in fights since then? Stop using the weight class and bivols size as an excuse because it’s not like there’s a massive size difference between him and Kovalev or smith or plant or fielding. The difference was his skill and will. Those other guys let canelo dictate the fights to them and they all b***hed up. Bivol didn’t.
              Last edited by Jab jab boom; 05-25-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I love how Eddie uses Canelo courage as though it’s down to him. Every fighter Eddie has wraps in cotton wool, matches them with old shot fighters and throws em to the wolves in cash out fights.

Now Canelo actually chases challenges, Eddie wants the world to think it’s down to him.

like, no, Canelo been doing this you melt!!

Comment

Can’t think of anyone else in the top 10 who has achieved what Canelo has, though there are numerous boxers I prefer, including Golovkin.

We often slate fans, and “SoSHUL meed-yuh” for knee jerk reactions, but these are boxing “experts”, and they can’t hack that a guy with titles in 4 weight classes, and undisputed in one, has had a single official defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    He got throughly schooled and should be demoted. I don’t see anyone complaint that he shouldn’t get credit for his wins at 154/155 when he had a significant size difference over his opponents. And if we’re being real, At 23 yrs old he walked into the ring weighing 174. How much do you think he’s weighed in fights since then? Stop using the weight class and bivols size as an excuse because it’s not like there’s a massive size difference between him and Kovalev or smith or plant or fielding. The difference was his skill and will. Those other guys let canelo dictate the fights to them and they all b***hed up. Bivol didn’t.
                    This is what I keep saying. Jacobs, Plant, Yildirim, Fielding, Chavez Jr, Kovalev, and Smith are all as big or bigger than Bivol. All of a sudden Bivol's size is an excuse. Bivol was a whopping 183 vs Canelo on fight night. Danny Jacobs was reported to be 185-190 vs GGG at middleweight. Zurdo was 204 (!) last weekend vs Boesel. People need to stop using size as an excuse when Canelo has fought and either beat or knocked out at least 7 other guys noticeably taller than him. He's 5'8". Everyone's taller than him.

Comment

Working...
                    X