Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Virgil Hunter on Buatsi: I Can't Honestly Say That He's Ready for Bivol or Canelo Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I didnt bet on it but told a friend the odds were way too wide in favor of Buatsi. I like watching Buatsi fight and not hating on the dude but he has peaked and it doesnt look good for his career at his age. Bivol, Beterbiev, Average Joe and even Zurdo punishes him. We wont talk about Canelo or other fighters in or around 175.
    I, too, like Buatsi. Besides, he seems to be a very nice human being. I had high hopes on him at the beginning, but his progress has been limited unfortunately. After watching him being hit time and again by Bolotniks, I thought "this is the night he gets beaten" (by Richards, I mean). If anything, he showed guts in there.
    Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-23-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Actually, Hunter added and said "Do you want him to have brain damage"? in response to him fighting Beterbiev.
      dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Virgil Hunter is a ****ty trainer.

Nobody would know who he is if he didn't train Ward. And Ward would have had a great career if a goldfish trained him.

Comment

Hunter is correct. Some things lok good with Buatsi, but some look footwork, balance look like he was boxing part time for way to long given his age/record. Can he learn and adapt or is this another Chisora/Whyte scenario where you wonder how the bleep can they be top 10 or get title shots whith such limitations. Evyerything seemed to bevthere to have ae contender, nor sure who managed him all this time. Buatsi reminds me of the Charlo's before they started to improve their craft a few 3 or 4 fights ago.

Comment

The problem Buatsi has is that the guys at the top of his division (Beterbiev and Bivol) are just too good. In a weaker division he could pick up a belt but I just don't see it happening at 175 while they're around.

I think he should content himself for now targeting the second tier light-heavies like Joe Smith and Gilberto Ramirez, or someone a bit faded with a name like Pascal or Badou Jack. Get a few more fights' worth of high level pro experience and see how the title landscape looks in a year or two. Hearn, however, seems keen on maneuvering him to a title shot sooner rather than later.

Shame Yarde's with Warren. That would be the perfect fight right now.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Buatsi is type of boxer I really want to like and I like him to some degree, but when I watch his fights, I feel there is something that is missing. Don't know how to describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post

richards is a solid fighter, he'd beat canelo at 175 100 percent. dont know why people are talking about him as if he is some bum, a lot of posters were picking him to beat buatsi and now they are acting as if buatsi was exposed because he didnt knock him out in 1 round or some bull****
                I agree with you. I'm not certain Spider beats Canelo at 175 but itd be a fun fight because Spider is solid IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  i think he'd beat canelo comfortably, maybe needs a couple more fights on fringe world level before fighting bivol/beterview i think hes better than he showed on saturday (although still won) and will have learnt a lot. i know people on here want to rush buatsi and see him lose cause they feel threatened by a confident black UK fighter but he can take another couple fights before fighting one of the top guys.
                  Of course you do......Until the fights signed That's your usual M.O, then once it's signed it magically turns into a cherry pick.

Exactly like how you did with Callum Smith and Billy Jo Saunders, then after the fight called it a cherry pick

Or like how before Canelo was signed to fight Bivol, you said Bivol beats Canelo easily, then when the fight was signed all of a sudden its a cherry pick.

To the point you said if Bivol beats Canelo, you'll leave the forum. But yet you're still here

You are one of the biggest clowns that have ever been on this forum, and trust me, that takes some real doing.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-23-2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I, too, like Buatsi. Besides, he seems to be a very nice human being. I had high hopes on him at the beginning, but his progress has been limited unfortunately. After watching him being hit time and again by Bolotniks, I thought "this is the night he gets beaten" (by Richards, I mean). If anything, he showed guts in there.
                    Both guys showed alot of heart and solid whiskers it was a fun fight for sure and at the end of the day that's the fights I wanna see when I watch

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Of course you do......Until the fights signed That's your usual M.O, then once it's signed it magically turns into a cherry pick.

Exactly like how you did with Callum Smith and Billy Jo Saunders, then after the fight called it a cherry pick

Or like how before Canelo was signed to fight Bivol, you said Bivol beats Canelo easily, then when the fight was signed all of a sudden its a cherry pick.

To the point you said if Bivol beats Canelo, you'll leave the forum. But yet you're still here

You are one of the biggest clowns that have ever been on this forum, and trust me, that takes some real doing.
                      what you cant get your head round is that predictions change, fighters change, and situations change. you talk about smith, yeah i overhyped him at one point and got carried away but after the ryder fight that changed completely when i saw he was limited, which was when canelo then decided he wanted to fight him idiots like you were bumping that old smith thread yet after ryder fight i said he had no chance against canelo, intelligent posters (not you) also made that point and said madison changed his mind after the ryder fight. and i said i would leave but i changed my mind, after hearing for years and years about how great canelo is and how he could beat usyk, prime roy jones, pick up a belt at heavyweight i couldnt resist coming on here after torub it in his loser fanbases faces after all the crap theyve posted year upon year, sorry im a human being with faults. also what you dont realise is i am a student of the sport, when the fight gets made then i properly sit down with the facts, analyse form and videos and then make the prediction. i looked at bivol looking like crap recently and thought he was too basic to beat canelo who i overrated but i was wrong, he ended up making canelo look like a ****ing bum. you were right and i was wrong well done mate you win
                      Last edited by Prince Madison; 05-23-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X