Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Virgil Hunter on Buatsi: I Can't Honestly Say That He's Ready for Bivol or Canelo Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nash calls it - Buatsi beats Beterbiev. Nash out.
    P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      Brutal honesty, but fair play. Takes some bravery to say that about your effective employer.

Thing is, if he ain’t ready at 29, he’s never gonna be ready. I was under the delusion that Buatsi was still 23-25, with the mind stuck in circa 2017. This is an indictment on his ability, because he doesn’t seem much better than when he emerged.

Between him and the top of the division is a gulf.
      Tremendous top 10 P4P List. personally, Nash scored Chris Rock as a points winner over Will Smith, as Will Smith, whilst the aggressor, was ineffective, and the Rock's poise on the Backfoot, durability, and on-stage generalship had him take the fight on my card. So Chris Rock is unlucky to miss out. Nash out.
      P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post

what you cant get your head round is that predictions change, fighters change, and situations change. you talk about smith, yeah i overhyped him at one point and got carried away but after the ryder fight that changed completely when i saw he was limited, which was when canelo then decided he wanted to fight him idiots like you were bumping that old smith thread yet after ryder fight i said he had no chance against canelo, intelligent posters (not you) also made that point and said madison changed his mind after the ryder fight. and i said i would leave but i changed my mind, after hearing for years and years about how great canelo is and how he could beat usyk, prime roy jones, pick up a belt at heavyweight i couldnt resist coming on here after torub it in his loser fanbases faces after all the crap theyve posted year upon year, sorry im a human being with faults. also what you dont realise is i am a student of the sport, when the fight gets made then i properly sit down with the facts, analyse form and videos and then make the prediction. i looked at bivol looking like crap recently and thought he was too basic to beat canelo who i overrated but i was wrong, he ended up making canelo look like a ****ing bum. you were right and i was wrong well done mate you win
        Except no where on the forum did you ever say that Smith would lose to Canelo until it was signed It's when the fights get signed that you magically do a U-Turn. Convenient that.

Same shit with Saunders and same shit with Bivol, before it's signed, they beat Canelo, soon as it's signed, U-Turn, you're a joke mate.

You said you'd leave the forum if Bivol beat Canelo. Why haven't you?

Comment

I don't want to sound cruel or anything but Virgil smoking that good weed, that Netherlands legal good stuff and he not doing it just for recreational purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
            and he not doing it just for recreational purposes.

Arthritis?
            billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
              I don't want to sound cruel or anything but Virgil smoking that good weed, that Netherlands legal good stuff and he not doing it just for recreational purposes.

Astigmatism or cataracts?
              Last edited by Corelone; 05-23-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Except no where on the forum did you ever say that Smith would lose to Canelo until it was signed It's when the fights get signed that you magically do a U-Turn. Convenient that.

Same shit with Saunders and same shit with Bivol, before it's signed, they beat Canelo, soon as it's signed, U-Turn, you're a joke mate.

You said you'd leave the forum if Bivol beat Canelo. Why haven't you?
                because i thought you'd miss me too much if i left...

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post

because i thought you'd miss me too much if i left...
                  Why say it if you're not going to do it?

You understand that makes you a clown, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Tremendous top 10 P4P List. personally, Nash scored Chris Rock as a points winner over Will Smith, as Will Smith, whilst the aggressor, was ineffective, and the Rock's poise on the Backfoot, durability, and on-stage generalship had him take the fight on my card. So Chris Rock is unlucky to miss out. Nash out.
                    Now you mention it, Rock did control the centre of the ring all night. I can’t even defer to compubox to support Smith’s inclusion, since they don’t even register slaps unless Jake Paul’s fighting.

I might take Smith out for Sacheen Littlefeather, though, since John Wayne couldn’t get near her back at the 1973 Oscars. She’s still active, too.
                    Last edited by P to the J; 05-23-2022, 06:54 PM.
                    Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      Not sure he is ready. Bolotniks and Richards are good wins, but these guys were a big step up in competition for him. I do believe he needs some fringe level guys.
                      The problem is they have been saying he needs a fringe level guy for about 3 years now before he goes into title level. I remember he fought on the undercard of AJ Ruiz 1 against Periban and the talk then was he needs a fight that bridges that level with world level, so they were talking about him v someone like Sullivan Barrera then a world title fight

Its 3 years on and he’s still in the same position as then, he hasn’t really kicked on and barely stepped up in level. Richards and Bolotniks are not really much better than Periban was. It seems like a wasted 3 years. He couldn’t been fighting real fringe level fighters consistently back in 2019.
                      Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-23-2022, 06:56 PM.
                      billeau2 and P to the J like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X