Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: Not Impossible Task For Joshua To Beat Usyk, But It's a Tough One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nelson: Not Impossible Task For Joshua To Beat Usyk, But It's a Tough One

Former cruiserweight champion Johnny Nelson believes Anthony Joshua is fully capable of getting revenge on Oleksandr Usyk in their planned rematch. Back in September of last year, Usyk outboxed Joshua over twelve rounds to capture the IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO heavyweight titles at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ruiz lost the rematch by coming in so out of shape at least as much as AJ won it. Usyk isn't giving Joshua any advantages so AJ has to make his own. The only game plan I see that gives him a chance is to fight dirty, to rough house Usyk and impose his size. Even so, I'm picking Oleksandr to KO him this time.
    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Josh was big favourite first fight. 2nd fight is pickem 50/50
      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-22-2022, 05:39 AM.

Comment

ANOTHER WEEK gone by now - what is the hold up in announcing this fight. Who is responsible for the hold up? Joshua cycling off peds?

Comment

I hope Joshua is working on speed and power and upping his endurance too. Who is actually his trainer now? After all the speculation about him changing trainer did he just stay with the same team?

I read Usyk has lost 20lbs - if true that could be very significant

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            I hope Joshua is working on speed and power and upping his endurance too. Who is actually his trainer now? After all the speculation about him changing trainer did he just stay with the same team?

I read Usyk has lost 20lbs - if true that could be very significant
            AJ’s promoted Angel Fernandez to head trainer, or so I’ve heard. Don’t know about McCracken. Think he’s backseat or out.

The Usyk weight loss rumour is associated with the trauma of invasion, which I think is significant full stop.

We’re about to see what he’s made of…

Comment

Joshua has no chance of winning this fight.

He can only win if Usyk is so traumatised by fighting on the front lines of the Ukraine war that he can't even muster 10% of himself

And even then he will probably still beat AJ at 5%

Comment

I think Usyk will be highly motivated to represent his countrymen. He's grown the Kossac hair style back out that he wore in the Olympics. Usyk by KO in the tenth.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
                  I think Usyk will be highly motivated to represent his countrymen. He's grown the Kossac hair style back out that he wore in the Olympics. Usyk by KO in the tenth.
                  Usyk is a fierce ukrainian proud of Ukraine this is well known to anyone with more than a passing knowledge how fiercely patriotic he is.

The whole world will be behind Usyk fighting for the freedom of Ukraine in this one.

Comment

Thank you runaway Nelson for quoting the obvious.

This fight was originally planned for February, March, April then war, June July.... Wake me when it's signed.
                    This is exactly what is wrong with the division today, rematchroom clinging onto belts with contracts & clauses alway's having to beat them twice. That isn't sport.
                    I can't wait for Usyk to ruin Aj again so rematchroom have no ore loosers only being relevant through paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                    X