Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: Not Impossible Task For Joshua To Beat Usyk, But It's a Tough One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Josh was big favourite first fight. 2nd fight is pickem 50/50
    A.J was the favorite in the Ruiz rematch despite being stopped . A.J wouldn’t be the underdog going into this based on the Usyk fight being closer to his loss then against Ruiz . A.J can win 3 rematches after a loss boxing would still be backwards and act like he’s never won a rematch, the poor A.J narrative on how’s he going to win is ridiculous after his first loss and it still is now .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-22-2022, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

A.J was the favorite in the Ruiz rematch despite being stopped . A.J wouldn’t be the underdog going into this based on the Usyk fight being closer to his loss against Ruiz . A.J can win 3 rematches after a loss boxing would still be backwards and act like he’s never won a rematch, the poor A.J narrative on how’s he going to win is ridiculous after his first loss and it still is now .
      I bet you accounts that Joshua won’t defeat usyk.

step up. Be a man and bet.

Comment

If Joshua wins the rematch, it will be inside the distance. Between rounds 5-8.

I just think that the style of fight Joshua is going to come with, can only be maximized for that number of rounds.

I expect Joshua to win the rematch. Joshua will not fight the same fight twice.

And he has been obsessively preparing for this rematch for a long time. With near psychopathic work ethic.

It is a momentous challenge, and it will be the greatest heavyweight win of the past 20 years for Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          If Joshua wins the rematch, it will be inside the distance. Between rounds 5-8.

I just think that the style of fight Joshua is going to come with, can only be maximized for that number of rounds.

I expect Joshua to win the rematch. Joshua will not fight the same fight twice.

And he has been obsessively preparing for this rematch for a long time. With near psychopathic work ethic.

It is a momentous challenge, and it will be the greatest heavyweight win of the past 20 years for Joshua.

I’d still argue Klitschko was defeated in Joshua’s only 19th fight . I dont believe anyone has a win like that ever in actual heavyweight history against a formidable opponent like Klitschko in so few rounds and fight experiences . Usyk is a great win but it’ll be really hard to top a 19 fight win over Klitschko. The Usyk match to me is less dangerous for A.J and he will win even more convincing then he did in the Ruiz rematch just because he really is ring savvy now and will hurt Usyk bad this time with much better spots of power shots .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-22-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post

I bet you accounts that Joshua won’t defeat usyk.

step up. Be a man and bet.
            Im pretty sure you’re not a man ,in fact the majority of the forum believes you’re some obnoxious teenager living at home . Just saying .

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

AJ's promoted Angel Fernandez to head trainer, or so I've heard. Don't know about McCracken. Think he’s backseat or out.

The Usyk weight loss rumour is associated with the trauma of invasion, which I think is significant full stop.

We’re about to see what he’s made of…
              thanks for the info - I learn't more from your comment than a damn interview about Nelson's opinion stating the obvious. There is very little investigative journalism n this site or insightful pieces - when they do appear they stand out from all the dross.
              P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

HW division will be healthy again once AJ gets the belts back. Fury can come out of retirement and we can get that mega matchup

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Usyk is a fierce ukrainian proud of Ukraine this is well known to anyone with more than a passing knowledge how fiercely patriotic he is.

The whole world will be behind Usyk fighting for the freedom of Ukraine in this one.

fighting for the freedom of Ukraine

whilst taking a pay day from the most brutal dictatorship in the world

Comment

I’d still argue Klitschko was defeated in Joshua’s only 19th fight . I dont believe anyone has a win like that ever in actual heavyweight history against a formidable opponent like Klitschko in so few rounds and fight experiences . Usyk is a great win but it’ll be really hard to top a 19 fight win over Klitschko. The Usyk match to me is less dangerous for A.J and he will win even more convincing then he did in the Ruiz rematch just because he really is ring savvy now and will hurt Usyk bad this time with much better spots of power shots .
                    Interesting that Usyk beat Joshua in his 19th fight.
                    Wouldn't that be a better win.?
                    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

You will always get people will discredit the Kiltschko win.

But nobody will be able to discredit his win vs Usyk if he wins.

Plus Usyk is at his absolute peak.

People are already petrified of the outcome of Joshua winning. This guy they say is afraid, has no heart and confused.

Is still here, and 1 fight away from greatness. It is amusing to watch it all unfold.

Look at the complete state of Joshua's critics on this site, the ready made excuses are already building. Deep down they are afraid of Joshua's ability.

Yes he is not as naturally gifted as Fury, and some other fighters. But there is something abnormal within, you do not take up boxing late and become Olympic Champion in around 2 years without some sort of abnormal ability.

And that abnormal ability for me is his work ethic, his flexibility to take on information and his near psychopathic world ethic.

When you combine that with his athletic abilities and natural strength, that is a dangerous fighter.

Note: But I also keep things in perspective, I understand Joshua's areas of his game where he lacks. Joshua has pretty much zero inside fighting capabilities, he has no idea how to tie a fighter up or even wrestle on the inside. On the sly Usyk should not stylistically be such a difficult fight, but it is because? Joshua for a super heavyweight, does not fight a good big man fight. He struggles to fight as the big man i.e The big man is a terminology I use to describe the typical fundamental style all great super heavyweights master. It is a style of fight which makes things very difficult for fighters who they have the dimensions over.

A solid jab, good movement, ability to tie a fighter up, wrestle on the inside, use rough house tactics, straight punches and combinations. There is no way Lennox Lewis would get out boxed by Usyk, but Joshua was out boxed because? As I have explained, he struggles to fight the big man type of fight 'To the same high level as Kiltschko, Lewis, Fury etc'.

Joshua's strength is in his mid-range fighting capabilities, those abilities are super elite. And it is that area of his game, which he needs to implement at maximum intensity against Usyk.

Once Joshua does this, I don't think Usyk will be able to withstand that type of bombardment.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-22-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X