No announcement yet.

The Boots Ennis hype is unreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boots Ennis hype is unreal

This man has been anointed the king of 147.

All I'm hearing is that he can beat all of the young 147 lber under 30:

Benn, Ortiz, Stanionis, Buteav, Crowley, McKinson, Abdukakhorov

Then he can beat the established top level fighter:

Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Ugas, Avanesyan

And then finally he can run through the elites at 147:

Spence, Crawford

But at 24 with 29 fights, when I look at his resume I see:

Clayton, Dulorme, Lipinets, Heerden

I thought we were all boxing fans here, the fight is WON IN THE RING, not on paper. You guys are going to get this man hurt if he goes in believing his own hype without facing 1 fighter with a heartbeat.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Don’t believe the hype! (It’s a sequel)

Boxing is built on hype

It’s the backbone of the sport

The more the better
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

He’s a supreme talent but he does need to fight a legitimate top 10 Welterweight before he goes anywhere near Spence and Crawford.

I’d like to see him face a proven top level veteran next like Thurman, Ugas, Garcia etc.

If none of those guys will fight him, I’d look to get him in with Stanionis, Avanesyan, Kavaliauskas etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        This man has been anointed the king of 147.

All I'm hearing is that he can beat all of the young 147 lber under 30:

Benn, Ortiz, Stanionis, Buteav, Crowley, McKinson, Abdukakhorov

Then he can beat the established top level fighter:

Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Ugas, Avanesyan

And then finally he can run through the elites at 147:

Spence, Crawford

But at 24 with 29 fights, when I look at his resume I see:

Clayton, Dulorme, Lipinets, Heerden

I thought we were all boxing fans here, the fight is WON IN THE RING, not on paper. You guys are going to get this man hurt if he goes in believing his own hype without facing 1 fighter with a heartbeat.
        resume is important, it's better than the eye test.

but ... the eye test is NOT nothing.

Ennis looks better than Thurman when he was at a similar stage. Thurman looked special. Ennis looks better. A level above to these eyes. I'd say the same about Danny Garcia - Ennis just looks better especially when you consider Garcia has done little at 147. His best fights were at 140.

Spence looked great coming up pre-Brook fight. There was hype put on him too. I'd say Ennis looks as good but in a different way.

The point is - when an exciting fighter emerges we should get excited if we have a pulse - if we don't allow ourselves to get a bit excited and flow with the hype a little - what are we following boxing for ? To be cynical and say "he's not gonna amount to much" or "this guy is all hype, he'll fail on his first stiff test" ?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          He’s a supreme talent but he does need to fight a legitimate top 10 Welterweight before he goes anywhere near Spence and Crawford.

I’d like to see him face a proven top level veteran next like Thurman, Ugas, Garcia etc.

If none of those guys will fight him, I’d look to get him in with Stanionis, Avanesyan, Kavaliauskas etc.
          He's fought guys on the level of Mean Machine and Avanesyan.

Sure it would be ideal for him to get a top 10 WW, but will they want to fight him? That's why him becoming a mando was always his best bet and now if they want the IBF belt, they will have to go through him.

Comment

the higher they go the bigger the fall, but hype is good, some fans hate hype when they dont like the fighter being hyped, often love it when they do like the fighter and defend it as well

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

He's fought guys on the level of Mean Machine and Avanesyan.

Sure it would be ideal for him to get a top 10 WW, but will they want to fight him? That's why him becoming a mando was always his best bet and now if they want the IBF belt, they will have to go through him.
              No he hasn’t. Not welterweights of that level atleast.

Comment

He’s not fought anyone REMOTELY significant. I looked up his amateur record and saw he lost 3 times to the same guy, Gary Antuanne Russel, who is 15-0 professionally with 15 KO’s. Why is no one saying he’s the greatest?? He whipped Boots 3 times.

Comment

Let's have someone finally testing his chin, then we'll talk.

Comment

Personally I believe in skills more then "resume" resume is subjective but skills are not, if you really know boxing you can tell when someone is the goods and when they're not, and when theyre not but fans keep saying "resume", guess what, it means their resume probably isn't as good as they say,
                    Bitedown Bitedown likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X