Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I'm Sticking Around At 168 Until I Make All The Best Fights Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    David Benavidez didn't get the answer he wanted to hear when he sought to enforce his mandatory title status. Don't expect the former two-time super middleweight titlist to go away quietly anytime soon--or at all. Up next for Phoenix's Benavidez is a return to his home region, as he faces former IBF middleweight titlist David Lemieux
    [Click Here To Read More]
    It’s not like Benavides doesn’t have people to fight besides Canelo. Theirs all the men Canelo whipped to get all those belts. Start their and EARN your shot with Canelo. These fooken kids want everything but don’t want to EARN it like Canelo did.

Comment

So basically he’s going to keep sucking that gut in to weight bully the opponents down there lol

Comment

When is the last time this dude even made weight?
        icha icha likes this.

Comment

Canelo is playing it smart. It's always the best move to do the easy work first.If you do the hard work first you could damage yourself and then even the easy work becomes hard.This rule applies to more than just boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

He is only just turned 25, he has so much time, plus he wants the Canelo fight. I doubt Canelo stays at 175. If he beats or even stops Canelo he becomes a super star. There is no value for him beating some unknown euro fighters at 175.
            Certainly.

I just don't see him fighting Canelo or getting any fights. I don't think he's really that in to making fights happen. He seems like one of those "I fight who they put in front of me" kind of boxers.

Which ultimately means wading in waters, drifting his career away. That's usually how those kinds of "I just fight who they put in front of me" boxers' careers go.

Comment

Ok, I am not saying I think Lemieux will or even can win.... I am just saying if Lemieux does find a way, I will spend a lot of time laughing and toasting Lemieux as my hero.

kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

Its sounds like benavidez just wants to sit tight in his comfort zone at 168 n just wait for canelo to go down ,David clearly has the physique to comfortably compete at at LHW but he just dont want that kinda smoke yet

Comment

I am not sold on that. Benavidez is not short and you can tell his body wants to start putting on weight. I am not certain he can make 168 for much longer.

Comment

Hed get so kod at 175 and he knows it

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Canelo has fought far better fighters than Andrade. He isn’t some 25 year old coke head looking to add names of basically prospects like Andrade and Benavidez. Andrade’s resume is so trash, he is damn near a prospect.

In boxing, when two so called top 10 fighters have lame resumes, they fight eachother. That’s how it works. Established fighters fight eachother. Canelo is a proven fighter. Fans expect him to fight other proven fighters like Bivol and Beterbiev. Andrade and Benavidez haven’t proven sh/t other than they’re both whiney babies asking for handouts and squandering big fights.

Canelo has been there and done that. He added the Trout’s, the Lara’s, the Jacobs’ to his resume. Years ago. When those fights mattered and fans wanted him to fight those guys.

Canelo and Benavidez turning down Andrade is nowhere near comparable. Those two, Andrade and Benavidez, have lame resumes. So they need to fight eachother. Canelo is none of these lame fighter’s scapegoat. They can’t just use his name in order to deflect attention from them not putting in work and fighting the tough fights.
                      Nobody wanted the Jacobs fight. People wanted Charlo, Andrade, or GGG trilogy.

But yes, The Trout and Lara fights were on demand. In fact nobody thought he would dare take those fights and he did.

He beat Trout in spectacular fashion but I thought he lost to Lara or at least should have been draw.

Still, close fights that could have gone either way and it went to the A side so I guess meh, he did well.

Comment

Working...
                      X