Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I'm Sticking Around At 168 Until I Make All The Best Fights Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Yeah, the same bum that tainted meat told I don't fight for belts I fight for pride but fought Lame Smith from the United Kingdom for the same belt. Oh and that little undisputed thing on the same DAZN platform where he didn't have to go across the street for that Killer Sweet Cheeks Plant.
    Canelo has fought far better fighters than Andrade. He isn’t some 25 year old coke head looking to add names of basically prospects like Andrade and Benavidez. Andrade’s resume is so trash, he is damn near a prospect.

In boxing, when two so called top 10 fighters have lame resumes, they fight eachother. That’s how it works. Established fighters fight eachother. Canelo is a proven fighter. Fans expect him to fight other proven fighters like Bivol and Beterbiev. Andrade and Benavidez haven’t proven sh/t other than they’re both whiney babies asking for handouts and squandering big fights.

Canelo has been there and done that. He added the Trout’s, the Lara’s, the Jacobs’ to his resume. Years ago. When those fights mattered and fans wanted him to fight those guys.

Canelo and Benavidez turning down Andrade is nowhere near comparable. Those two, Andrade and Benavidez, have lame resumes. So they need to fight eachother. Canelo is none of these lame fighter’s scapegoat. They can’t just use his name in order to deflect attention from them not putting in work and fighting the tough fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Canelo has fought far better fighters than Andrade. He isn’t some 25 year old coke head looking to add names of basically prospects like Andrade and Benavidez. Andrade’s resume is so trash, he is damn near a prospect.

In boxing, when two so called top 10 fighters have lame resumes, they fight eachother. That’s how it works. Established fighters fight eachother. Canelo is a proven fighter. Fans expect him to fight other proven fighters like Bivol and Beterbiev. Andrade and Benavidez haven’t proven sh/t other than they’re both whiney babies asking for handouts and squandering big fights.

Canelo has been there and done that. He added the Trout’s, the Lara’s, the Jacobs’ to his resume. Years ago. When those fights mattered and fans wanted him to fight those guys.

Canelo and Benavidez turning down Andrade is nowhere near comparable. Those two, Andrade and Benavidez, have lame resumes. So they need to fight eachother. Canelo is none of these lame fighter’s scapegoat. They can’t just use his name in order to deflect attention from them not putting in work and fighting the tough fights.
      Stop man fan excuses. Andrade was on the same platform for undisputed, no PBC neg necessary. Bottom line, Andrade posed the same obstacle as FMW and Lara but on a '6'1-2'' frame, more awkward and a longer wingspan even than Lara's 74'' reach. That's not a good look when you are flat-footed, 5'7 and have a sub 70'' reach.

Comment

No problem if he actually starts making weight

Comment

He just says whatever random thing comes into his head. Only one week ago was talking of a move to 175. David Benavidez Will Consider Move To 175 If No Big Fight Comes Around - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)

Most likely he'll be at 168 until his discipline lets him down again and he misses weight. He claims that if he fights for the interim belt, that means his next fight has to be for the full title. That's not an actual rule though. Also, Andrade-Parker winner will be interim WBO champ and Canelo can't fight everybody at once next.

Comment

Stop man fan excuses. Andrade was on the same platform for undisputed, no PBC neg necessary. Bottom line, Andrade posed the same obstacle as FMW and Lara but on a '6'1-2'' frame, more awkward and a longer wingspan even than Lara's 74'' reach. That's not a good look when you are flat-footed, 5'7 and have a sub 70'' reach.
            The only obstacle Andrade poses to Canelo is that he has zero wins vs elite fighters and this will be a point that critics will make to discredit the win. It’s literally nothing, not legacy enhancing, doesn’t do anything in terms of proving himself because he has beaten far better fighters than Andrade. It would be a pointless win. The only winner would be Andrade with the purse he receives. Canelo gets nothing out of it. He would not even get any props from people like you. You would just find something else to nitpick. Most fans who Canelo is ducking a fighter, don’t care if he fights that fighter and beats him.

Andrade didn’t show that physical advantage vs the common opponent Vanes Martirosyan. Someone got put on his ass vs Vanes and it wasn’t Lara.

Speaking of Lara, Andrade ducked him. Andrade said Lara is too boring and that he wanted to fight a tougher fighter in: a nobody.

Pulled out of a Charlo fight a month before the fight, in order to fight who? You guessed right. Nobody.

I don’t know how this guy even has any fans at all. I doubt he does. It’s more like Canelo critics rather than Andrade fans.

Comment

There’s no reason why Benavidez can’t follow up the Lemieux fight with an Andrade/Plant scrap in August/September and a third fight in December. If he does all that, it will make it difficult for Canelo to avoid picking him in favor of a Charlo who will likely only have one fight this year - against a mediocre opponent - while expecting Canelo to pick him. It would be hilarious to see Benavidez leapfrog Charlo in the Canelo sweepstakes (that is if Canelo beats Bivol, which I seriously question if everything is genuine about this fight).

Comment

Charlo should man up and move up to fight Benavidez, as how sure is he of getting a Canelo fight.

Canelo has a tough fight anyway against Bivol. I know there are terms such as 'weight bully' thrown around for big guys squeezing in to make weight, but in most divisions they do that.

Guys at welterweight like Spence could be fighting at middleweight right now, as an example.

Comment

Yeah, the same bum that tainted meat told I don't fight for belts I fight for pride but fought Lame Smith from the United Kingdom for the same belt. Oh and that little undisputed thing on the same DAZN platform where he didn't have to go across the street for that Killer Sweet Cheeks Plant.
                  That lame Smith beat Williams TWICE who had Andrade Bambi legging doing the stanky dance...

Comment

Everyday, he regrets his actions that cost him a Canelo fight....Twice... Most people don't get third chances.
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

The only obstacle Andrade poses to Canelo is that he has zero wins vs elite fighters and this will be a point that critics will make to discredit the win. It’s literally nothing, not legacy enhancing, doesn’t do anything in terms of proving himself because he has beaten far better fighters than Andrade. It would be a pointless win. The only winner would be Andrade with the purse he receives. Canelo gets nothing out of it. He would not even get any props from people like you. You would just find something else to nitpick. Most fans who Canelo is ducking a fighter, don’t care if he fights that fighter and beats him.

Andrade didn’t show that physical advantage vs the common opponent Vanes Martirosyan. Someone got put on his ass vs Vanes and it wasn’t Lara.

Speaking of Lara, Andrade ducked him. Andrade said Lara is too boring and that he wanted to fight a tougher fighter in: a nobody.

Pulled out of a Charlo fight a month before the fight, in order to fight who? You guessed right. Nobody.

I don’t know how this guy even has any fans at all. I doubt he does. It’s more like Canelo critics rather than Andrade fans.
                      He also ducked Sergiy and now Janibek.

That's 4 guys.

Let's not forget Liam Williams he had to hold on for DEAR life to survive
                      -Kev- -Kev- likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X