Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lubin Suffered Broken Nose, Separated Shoulder In Brutal Battle With Fundora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
    And yet Fundora was down on the cards?! Its not as if this damage was caused in just one round; it was consistent throughout the fight. So why did the judges not have him winning?
    Some would claim corruption, but I dont think thats the case. The truth is, and I’ve been banging this drum for a while, this feels like pretentious judges rewarding defense and ‘ring generalship’ over actual landed punches.

Everyone could see Fundora was landing more, and consistently landing better. But since everyone could see it, judges have to reward something else- so as to establish their superior knowledge relative to the masses. So they look at defense, well Fundora doesnt display a traditionally good defense, he just volume punches- so points to Lubin. Moreover, Lubin was moving more around the ring and forcing Fundora to come at him, ergo he is the ring general. Again advantage Lubin. Lastly, Lubin landed at a better pct, so in their mind he was more effective in his aggression.
    As opposed to most, who see Fundora landing the cleaner better shots, landing more (ergo: effective in his aggression); these judges have to prove their superiority by being contrarian. This nearly cost a rightful winner
    I believe you. There's no other way to explain it. Rose colored glasses and official expertise. Like they see what we can't, like they know something we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

What is normal about Fundora? He lands punches launched from outer space. Head on with him is like walking into a tornado.
      lol yeah the guy is what 6'6 fighting at 154 that is not normal
      siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
        I watched it again and gave Lubin 2 rounds.
        2 Rounds?
        Hmmmmmmm
        That's the reason why you're not a judge
        Lol
        Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

I respect lubin, gonna follow his career, and pay to watch his fights, he is a real pro boxer and has proven it,.
          Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

Took a absolute Beating but that man is a Warrior and I hope he makes a Full and Speedy Recovery and get right back up and try again Champ

it is ZERO Shame when you give a effort like that

Comment

It was a bad matchup for Lubin….I said it a thousand times Cunningham is not a championship caliber trainer

Comment

Man I kinda had a feeling that Fundora was going to win but I did not know he was going to make Lubin quit. I've been saying for two months now that this was going to be an absolute banger and boy was I right. I don't know how you beat 6'6 guy at 154 but Charlo surely did take note and will make the adjustments that Lubin didn't to give him a better chance at victory. Fun fact = just think of a clash at 154 between Boots v Fundora. OUCH!

Comment

Some of you soyboys need to stop talking about " hanging them up " .. How soft are you? This is prize fighting and beatings like this are normal. They were fighting on fairly even terms and Lubin could have won had he not suffered that freakish nose accident. He got hit with an ackward punch that bothered him through out the fight on top of fighting with a dislocated shoulder yet he gave as much as he took.

I bet on Fundora but I found myself rooting for Lubin for some reason. i cant wait till he heals up and comes back. Lubin is such a bad motherfuker hell yea Lubin!!
                  Last edited by FinitoxDinamita; 04-10-2022, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I really don't understand Lubin's gameplan here. Fighting in the inside sounds like a good idea vs a 6'5 guy, but it should have been obvious that wasn't going to work. However fighting midrange was going very well for Lubin. He should have kept turning him and using the jab to the stomach, over hand left combination.

Comment

Also his confidence is shattered and he was robbed of his soul. Kudos to him for coming back from the devastating KO to Charlo, but this loss will hurt even more.

Comment

Working...
                      X