Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather On Davis' Contract, Future: 'Nothing Lasts Forever; I'll Always Love Tank'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Classy response from Floyd in fairness. Feels like that’s the real Floyd talking rather than the Money May character he usually portrays.
    I agree. Also, Fighters have to know going in what they are dealing with. Floyd is not going to put you in against the best, only the best in his stable. To be fair Floyd has never said otherwise... These young guys need to RUN over to the Paul Brothers. Learn how to generate their own hype and become household names. Promote their own fights! And abscond from the Arums, Floyds, hearns, Warrens, etc...

And it would be a cinch... Tank lives in Baltimore! Get into a (make believe) beef with Haney... Pretend it is personal... Make it Oakland against B'more! Or do what Oyama did, walk a bull down the middle of the street and threaten to chop its horn off!!!! ANYTHING will get these casuals in the mood!!!!!!
    Last edited by billeau2; 03-27-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Interesting development. Just looking forward to seeing Tank in meaningful fights in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Classy response from Floyd in fairness. Feels like that’s the real Floyd talking rather than the Money May character he usually portrays.
        You should not be taken in so easily. You think too well of the undeserving. Mayweather doesn't have a decent bone in his body, everything he does is for himself and PR. His past history amply shows this. You are a good guy, too good to praise a lowlife surrounded by thugs like himself.

There have been many cunning, self-serving boxers in the past, but they all had some redeeming features. None as narcissistic and egomaniacal as Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I agree. Also, Fighters have to know going in what they are dealing with. Floyd is not going to put you in against the best, only the best in his stable. To be fair Floyd has never said otherwise... These young guys need to RUN over to the Paul Brothers. Learn how to generate their own hype and become household names. Promote their own fights! And abscond from the Arums, Floyds, hearns, Warrens, etc...

And it would be a cinch... Tank lives in Baltimore! Get into a (make believe) beef with Haney... Pretend it is personal... Make it Oakland against B'more! Or do what Oyama did, walk a bull down the middle of the street and threaten to chop its horn off!!!! ANYTHING will get these casuals in the mood!!!!!!
          Badou Jack would disagree. Did Floyd not try to make Tank fight Loma? Y’all think it’s Floyd when it’s really Tank. If Floyd tried to make him fight a top guy rite now they would be beefing.
          edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

You should not be taken in so easily. You think too well of the undeserving. Mayweather doesn't have a decent bone in his body, everything he does is for himself and PR. His past history amply shows this. You are a good guy, too good to praise a lowlife surrounded by thugs like himself.

There have been many cunning, self-serving boxers in the past, but they all had some redeeming features. None as narcissistic and egomaniacal as Mayweather.
            I remember chatting to Ashley Theophane and it changed my perception on Floyd. He did a lot to help Ash when he didn’t have to. He didn’t gain any money/clout from doing it too.

I was never a Floyd fan personally, never will be, far too desperate for attention but there’s definitely some good in him somewhere.
            siablo14 siablo14 icee icee like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

Badou Jack would disagree. Did Floyd not try to make Tank fight Loma? Y’all think it’s Floyd when it’s really Tank. If Floyd tried to make him fight a top guy rite now they would be beefing.
              Floyd has said he does not want his fighters fighting outside his company... Thats his words, not mine...If you have a different opinion about the Loma fight, argue with Floyd, as he said it not me.

Regarding Tank? Look at history, the sensational fighters and whomn they fought at what age they were.... Tank is in his physical prime and has not fought crap, except an undersized Santa Cruz... Tank does not get that time back... Look at how old Leanard, hearns, duran were... etc. Tank should be offering to fight all the best, and doing a damn Shannon Briggs on their Azz!!!

Comment

Good response from Floyd, it is what it is.

Davis has made a boatload of money fighting absolute nobodies, while guys like Linares are out there fighting killers for a fraction of the money.

Davis has done incredibly well with Floyd, and (should he grow a pair) all the big fights are still out there waiting for him.
                icee icee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

It takes a wise and intelligent individual to point out when the Devil acts out of character... Nobody is 100% evil, and nobody is 100% good...

Comment

i think tank & floyd are a good partnership, they are not actually doing too badly, his brand is building, people look out for his fights, hes made some cash fighting not so dangerous guys, he could end up top dog in the division within 2 yrs, some big fights may be left as fantasy matchups but that boxing these days for a lot of them, tank should have taken on loma ages ago, loma at 135 is not as effective as his lower weights i think, tank should have rolled those dice and been brave, so what u if u lose to a top guy, rematch or move on
                    icee icee likes this.

Comment

Let's not act like boxing isn't a business and that PPVweather could've put him in all the fights he wanted. DAZN did the same thing to the 135 div as they did to the MW division. They completely walled it off. They even created mini walls on their own network that prevented us from the fights we normally get in America. There is no excuse why Devin and Ryan never fought on that app, and don't think that Bob was just gonna let Loma and Teo waltz over to Showtime to fight Tank. Tank is in the same boat as Jermall in their perspective divisions. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When HBO boxing collapsed and the only two networks left were Showtime and ESPN, had DAZN never came over then GBP would have probably been with Showtime and fighters like Devin, 3G and Andrade would've signed with PBC. Then we would already have seen the Tank v Devin v Ryan fights. Also we would have had the Jermall v 3G v Canelo v Andrade fights. So if Tank wants to leave TMT then God bless him. His best option is probably ESPN now that Devin has signed with them. Then we can get the Tank v Devin v Loma v Teo fights. I love TR just as much as PBC so I don't care where those fights take place.
                      icee icee likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X