Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather On Davis' Contract, Future: 'Nothing Lasts Forever; I'll Always Love Tank'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Let’s see his tweets after Tank suffers his first loss. I’m curious to see where Tank goes from here. Will he actually seek bigger challenges or continue fighting hype jobs and washed up names?
    Who have you fought or better yet can you fight, or are you just a crying ass fan!

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      They put his last fight against NFL Sunday and tried to charge $70 for it.
      Unless Tank is out in with other guys in the division he’ll never be a PPV draw.
      Well I think he is already a PPV draw. His numbers will be bigger than anyone in the division, but you’re right. He needs to get the top fights. Hopefully without TMT Tank can stay disciplined. He’ll need it when he steps up.

Comment

Lol...All made up drama to draw interest in another Tank fight that no one is really looking forward to. His last 2 fights bombed in ppv sales so they're looking to stir up controversy anyway they can in an attempt to draw up interest in yet another match up not worthy of ppv. Clear as day, as bout as clear as Rivera being his next opponent.
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Like Baker Mayfield, Tank Davis is going to learn very soon he’s not as good as he thinks he is - and he’s going to be surprised at how many people will celebrate when he‘s humbled.
          Last edited by Roj; 03-27-2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Good response from Floyd, it is what it is.

Davis has made a boatload of money fighting absolute nobodies, while guys like Linares are out there fighting killers for a fraction of the money.

Davis has done incredibly well with Floyd, and (should he grow a pair) all the big fights are still out there waiting for him.
            linares is old guard. These kids today do their fighting and play patty cake on Twatter.

Comment

Can Rolly really beat this guy? Now he has to back it up--maybe he can do it but Tank can hit and box and he's a lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

No the last thing these young boxers need to do is run over to the Paul brothers because the Paul brothers has something that they dont......white skin and blonde hair. 100% of the Paul brother's fan base are suburban white kids, not real boxing fans. What he should have done was realized he was on a team the was lead by PPVweather, who generated about 1 billion smacker-roonies for Showtime PPV boxing and let him lead the way. But like I said earlier him going to ESPN would probably be the best thing for boxing fans just like Crawford and Andrade going to PBC will be great as well.
                Actually... If you look carefully the Paul Brothers are not particularly Bright, Attractive, or interesting. Oscar De La Hoya, who really got Floyd into the money, was such a force that women would tune into his fights. My wife? shes no boxing fan but she knew Oscar lol. Who needs the Paul Brothers fan base? Follow the program there are plenty of Dark Skinned individuals that would watch a fighter like Haney, or Tank.

Lead the way? These guys are wilting... their primes passing them by. They could self promote, learn to generate and cause a stir and have plenty of new fans that would be introduced to boxing.

Your comments about race are just not correct. So many young black artists cause a stir and get a fan base... it has nothing to do with skin color. I mean set it up!!! Let Haney get into a fake scuffle... Tank can swear to the gods that he will make Haney pay... creativity! Stir shiat up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                  Lol...All made up drama to draw interest in another Tank fight that no one is really looking forward to. His last 2 fights bombed in ppv sales so they're looking to stir up controversy anyway they can in an attempt to draw up interest in yet another match up not worthy of ppv. Clear as day, as bout as clear as Rivera being his next opponent.
                  Give Floyd a piece of flesh... tell him your a free agent, go to Vegas and seek Rolly out. Call him a ccksucker, punch him in the mouth and tell him you will kill him in that ring... Let Rolly respond, have people build a cage to put Tank in and Rollie in another... spread all over social media that Tank punched Rollie in his fat ugly mouth and is going to kill him. Keep it up and then see if you need Floyd, Arum or any of the other blood sucking crooks. Promote your fight yourself and people will know your name! Tank and Rollie have one thing in common: both of them are 5 times more interesting than a Paul Brother... So they could do this!!

I know I am exxagerating, but the point.... The point... It stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

You have to remember Tank wasted about 2 years of his career after the Pedraza fight. He was missing weight, getting arrested, not focused, and beefing with Floyd. Floyd had to shelf him for a year. They needed to build Tank back up and get him refocused. You can argue they took too long doing that.
                    Thats all money in the bank... Broner is still getting fights because he is a goon! Walk into Walmart and take a shiat on the floor! Get arrested for stupid things and get a photo of getting bounced around by the cops... Promoters are the single biggest drawback in the fight game these days... they discourage the accumltion of new fans, are criminals, and destroy the career of fighters who should be fighting each other perpetually. Social media works the way it does and as ethically compromised as that way might be? its better than working with selfish Floyd, Arum, etc... Flkoyd never made a dime himself until he left Arum and fought De La Hoya... Can you imagine how much he would have made if Oscar had the stocking incident before the fight? (Just kidding the last sentence).

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                      I have personally seen Floyd come out his pocket and give fighters bonuses for early ko's etc., plus many of the guys he signed were making good money for their worth so for people to continue to try and throw him under the bus isn't right. I was out there in Vegas when he was with Top Rank and wasn't super rich ,but I can say he did make all those that were loyal wealthy also. Floyd not thinking about any of you folks that continue or look for ways to criticize what the hell he has going so why bother; get a life! Then when it comes time to get an autograph, a photo or close to him you all on his nuts, fake MF'ers.
                      Exactly man! and when they said he KO'd all those bitches he was just shadow boxing in the bedroom and woman was getting in his face wantin' money or sum**** and was accident! PEACE!

Comment

Working...
                      X