Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather On Davis' Contract, Future: 'Nothing Lasts Forever; I'll Always Love Tank'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly seems some promoters just can't work together to make fights happen.
    They only happen in rare, special circumstances. They do happen, but they're rare.

Only remedy is to see these guys remain free agents. Let's see what excuses they'll come up with.
    Crawford is free agent. Haney is free agent. Soon Andrade will become one. Who else?
    billeau2 billeau2 siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I agree. Also, Fighters have to know going in what they are dealing with. Floyd is not going to put you in against the best, only the best in his stable. To be fair Floyd has never said otherwise... These young guys need to RUN over to the Paul Brothers. Learn how to generate their own hype and become household names. Promote their own fights! And abscond from the Arums, Floyds, hearns, Warrens, etc...

And it would be a cinch... Tank lives in Baltimore! Get into a (make believe) beef with Haney... Pretend it is personal... Make it Oakland against B'more! Or do what Oyama did, walk a bull down the middle of the street and threaten to chop its horn off!!!! ANYTHING will get these casuals in the mood!!!!!!
      No the last thing these young boxers need to do is run over to the Paul brothers because the Paul brothers has something that they dont......white skin and blonde hair. 100% of the Paul brother's fan base are suburban white kids, not real boxing fans. What he should have done was realized he was on a team the was lead by PPVweather, who generated about 1 billion smacker-roonies for Showtime PPV boxing and let him lead the way. But like I said earlier him going to ESPN would probably be the best thing for boxing fans just like Crawford and Andrade going to PBC will be great as well.
      icee icee likes this.

Comment

I’m pretty damn sure there is much more to this than we know
        Floyd talking well But is it Floyd or promoter Floyd covering his azz
        In all honesty , he made Stank rich and notable by fighting true nobodies
        Many fighters out there suffering and still fighting better fighters for less money
        So all in all , Floyd’s job is done and pretty darn well
        Time will tell where Stank goes from here
        Let's see if he’s being truthful or not
        One thing for sure , he’s gonna find the road ahead quite difficult
        icee icee likes this.

Comment

I hope he gets more control over his career but I think him leaving shortens it drastically. He’s too undisciplined as is and his big issue was being put places where he couldn’t have fun or get in trouble. Floyd may be a narcissist but I do believe this kid would be doing at least one bid on those charges if not for Floyd’s pull and lawyers in Vegas. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

You should not be taken in so easily. You think too well of the undeserving. Mayweather doesn't have a decent bone in his body, everything he does is for himself and PR. His past history amply shows this. You are a good guy, too good to praise a lowlife surrounded by thugs like himself.

There have been many cunning, self-serving boxers in the past, but they all had some redeeming features. None as narcissistic and egomaniacal as Mayweather.
            PPVweather surrounds himself with Al haymon, Stephen Espinoza, Tom Brown and other highly regarded individuals with good business acumen. Now Daniel Kinahan, who heads MTK Global, surrounds himself with REAL THUGS everyday. Wonder if you have a problem with that too?
            icee icee siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Floyd has said he does not want his fighters fighting outside his company... Thats his words, not mine...If you have a different opinion about the Loma fight, argue with Floyd, as he said it not me.

Regarding Tank? Look at history, the sensational fighters and whomn they fought at what age they were.... Tank is in his physical prime and has not fought crap, except an undersized Santa Cruz... Tank does not get that time back... Look at how old Leanard, hearns, duran were... etc. Tank should be offering to fight all the best, and doing a damn Shannon Briggs on their Azz!!!
              You have to remember Tank wasted about 2 years of his career after the Pedraza fight. He was missing weight, getting arrested, not focused, and beefing with Floyd. Floyd had to shelf him for a year. They needed to build Tank back up and get him refocused. You can argue they took too long doing that.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

They put his last fight against NFL Sunday and tried to charge $70 for it.
                Unless Tank is out in with other guys in the division he’ll never be a PPV draw.

Comment

I have personally seen Floyd come out his pocket and give fighters bonuses for early ko's etc., plus many of the guys he signed were making good money for their worth so for people to continue to try and throw him under the bus isn't right. I was out there in Vegas when he was with Top Rank and wasn't super rich ,but I can say he did make all those that were loyal wealthy also. Floyd not thinking about any of you folks that continue or look for ways to criticize what the hell he has going so why bother; get a life! Then when it comes time to get an autograph, a photo or close to him you all on his nuts, fake MF'ers.
                  icee icee likes this.

Comment

Probably just trying to generate interest for a nothing fight

Comment

Let’s see his tweets after Tank suffers his first loss. I’m curious to see where Tank goes from here. Will he actually seek bigger challenges or continue fighting hype jobs and washed up names?

Comment

Working...
                      X