Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I'm Going To Be Three-Time Champion - Whether People Like It or Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see him beating Usyk. Oleksander Usyk is one of the slickest boxers in the world. He doesn't hit with a paw like Calzaghe. He punches straight and hard. Joshua knows what he's up against. Usyk never turned it up to 10 in that fight until the end of the 12th round. Usyk is an animal who keeps HIMSELF on a short leash.

I was thinking about his nickname, "The Cat". Before the first AJ fight Fury said something along the lines of, "Maybe Usyk has looked vulnerable at HW because he wants to. It's happened before.". I think with Witherspoon and Chisora he was testing his chin. Playing with his food so to speak. He was just putting out what he needed to get the win but at the same time kind of making himself look vulnerable to the champs.

AJ didn't lack for confidence at all in the first fight. He had been lulled to sleep by Usyk.

That has to be exhausting mentally when you realize you underestimated a master boxer and he took your belts AND had more left in the tank at the end of the fight.

Usyk can take a punch. AJ doesn't have the heart to go another 12 with him. I say TKO in the tenth.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

I'm telling yall, Joshua just has to go guns blazing, seek and destroy. Get into a mindset that says "I've got 5 rounds to knock this cruiserweight spark out" and just go hell for leather, punch Usyk in the balls, rough him up etc.
      You're not wrong but Joshua doesn't have it in him to do that. He has too much self doubt about his chin and his stamina. Both issues are real and will prevent him doing what's needed
      Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Oh yeah a j , tell me more

Comment

The last I checked; I thought AJ was taking a $15M step aside fee in order for Tyson Fury to fight Oleksandr Usyk next. So I wonder what happened all of a sudden? Why did he change his mind?
          15round 15round likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thekenneth View Post
            this isnt wwe where losing a championship and winning it back is seen as more impressive
            That’s pretty funny considering all boxing fans always use it when comparing other fighters as though it’s a great thing . Klitschko lost the WBO title shot twice in a row first to Sanders and Brewster a year later ? Imagine if A.J did that so far ? Both Lewis and Klitschko had to win the belt or belts back twice and they lost in worse fashion ,everyone was saying how overatted they were .

Ali won the belt back 3 times and Holyfield won it a whopping 4 times , no one ever states they were doing WWE stuff I wonder why ?
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-21-2022, 10:00 AM.
            billeau2 billeau2 Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Aj should fight Trevor Bryan for whatever title he's supposed to have instead of Usyk. Get his mind right, claim some sort of championship belt for his ego, and then try it. His mind is so off I think he's gonna lose and get wrecked and ruined vs Usyk..
              Last edited by Wacked_Out; 01-21-2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                Aj should fight Trevor Bryan for whatever title he's supposed to have instead of Usyk. Get his mind right, claim some sort of championship belt for his ego, and then try it. His mind is so off I think he's gonna lose and get wrecked and ruined vs Usyk..
                Usyk holds the WBA title not Trevor ?
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I’m sure this comment section is a cess pool. I’ll just say that I support black fighters of all nationalities no matter who their promoters are.

Comment

Your not 2 times if it's only half time let alone 3 with nobody else allowed to fight for the belts. The only thing he's done 2 time's now is block undesputed with Rematchroom paperwork.
                    Get back in line if youvwant respect.

Comment

Originally posted by thekenneth View Post
                      this isnt wwe where losing a championship and winning it back is seen as more impressive
                      If you watch WWE thats a clear sign that you don’t know anything about boxing. One is a drama performance and the other is a real sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X