Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I'm Going To Be Three-Time Champion - Whether People Like It or Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe him!!

Man,wish I could be there live,place is going to be ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah he was super angry after that last fight, never seen a fight so bitterly angry, raging he was, unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Him beating Usyk is far from inconceivable, he was dire in that first fight, his corner was TERRIBLE and he didn't land any punches with any real value, it was the odd jab now and then and the occasional chuffing shot, he did land 1 or 2 half decent body shots.

Even if he had the exact same terrible game plan but just came in a bit sharper, and the corner gave better instruction, I'd give him probably a 30% chance.

If he clips Usyk on the chin with a solid right hand I think you'll see Usyk come apart very quickly, Usyk also sustained considerable facial damage in the first fight, so don't be too surprised to see blood start gushing which if it's anywhere near the eyes would spell disaster for Usyk's chances.

Again I expect Usyk to win, I think Joshua is mentally struggling right now, and I find it hard to see that changing in the short term, but if Joshua chins Usyk in the rematch it wouldn't even be in the top 5 heavyweight upsets in the last couple of years.

65-35 Usyk, the gap closes is Joshua has a better game plan.
        his corner was terrible, mckracken is so overrated. His tactics for winning a rematch, just repeat same tactics as first fight but sharper, throw more jabs. Didn’t do any of the basic fundamentals they teach you at the gym when fighting southpaws. Throw more jabs? How about mixing it up with lead right hands down the pipe?

Comment

He can be a 5x champ once the crooked alphabets start stripping belts again to compensate for inflation costs

Comment

I think AJ can pull it off. Gonna drop some money on him.

Comment

AJ had a lot of success with the straight right, to the body and head - just like many do v the southpaw.

He does this early and consistently, he has a very good chance. He needs a trainer that can see this and show him how to set it up.

The biggest worry for him is how out on his feet he was at the end. He needs the KO. Hard to see what he does if Usyk has the energy to press in the championship rounds.
              ArturoBalboa likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                Your not 2 times if it's only half time let alone 3 with nobody else allowed to fight for the belts. The only thing he's done 2 time's now is block undesputed with Rematchroom paperwork.
                Get back in line if youvwant respect.
                Didn’t Fury block the undisputed fight first or are you only blaming AJ and Matchroom for blocking the fight because you don’t like them?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Good luck to the man, I'm a certified Joshua hater but I'd prefer to see the belts back in the UK.

With Joshua, at least you know that he'll turn up in shape.
                  You most Certainly are but like i have been telling you i like FURY i just like AJ more. Every time FURY has stepped into the ring i have wanted him to win , baring his fight vs Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Muhammad Ali was a three time champion
                    Evander Holyfield is a four time HW champion of world

Fighters lose, big deal

How/if you bounce back from a L is what defines great fighters, not that '0'
                    ———-
                    Great fighters have lost. To good fighters. Ali lost to great fighters so did Holyfield so did SRL so did Pacqiao.
                    AJ lost to average guys. In fact Ruiz will only be remembered for beating AJ just like Buster Douglas is remembered for beating Tyson.
                    AJ is an average boxer. Ali and Holyfield are ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
                      AJ had a lot of success with the straight right, to the body and head - just like many do v the southpaw.

He does this early and consistently, he has a very good chance. He needs a trainer that can see this and show him how to set it up.

The biggest worry for him is how out on his feet he was at the end. He needs the KO. Hard to see what he does if Usyk has the energy to press in the championship rounds.
                      He didn’t do throw it nearly enough though, or gamble enough throwing a left hook straight right combo after it. He dwarfs Usyk, should be willing to take two to land one and impose himself.
                      mckracken doesn’t help, didn’t install any urgency in him, happy for him to keep working patiently behind the jab while the fight slipped away from him.

Comment

Working...
                      X