Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis Expects to Fight 2-3 Times, Win a World Title, in 2022: 'No More Games, I'm Not Playing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Yeah if he moves up, but he will, he's constantly saying becoming a 2 weight champion is his next goal. And when the WBO order the next mandatory that gets priority over the current no1. Just as Usyk did at heavyweight. The moment Taylor fights at 147, the WBO will put Taylor in the no1 position when they next update rankings after that.
    I wouldnt mind Taylor vs Bud, but think Taylor gets washed. Bud is at his peak and for however long that lasts, whoever is opposite him in the ring better watch out. Hes comin for blood

Comment

Good, but this is boxing. Lots of guys calling people out just to be silenced by promoters ans sanctionning bodies. If Spence vs Crawford can't be made why should anyone think any fight will surely happen. Budbwull be at 154 and Spence will be Spence and chase Canelo or whomever he thinks can offer a big payday. Ennis will fight someone for a vacant or interim or wait at least another year for a real belt.

Comment

Except that Spence is long overdue an IBF mandatory, so he'll be ordered one for 22. And Crawford ain't getting near Spence unless he signs with Haymon. Neither is Ennis either for that matter, so becoming IBF mandatory is the way to go for Ennis.
        Nope, Spence's mando just got upset last fight. He doesn't have a IBF mandatory at the moment.

Spence is fighting Crawford if he beats Ugas. Any talk of him fighting the winner of Stanionis/Butaev or his IBF mandatory is nonsense. Don't even waste your time on that.

Comment

Those 3 brits are highly ranked in other organizations and are following those routes. CBS and Lee McGregor are the highest ranked IBF fighters. And Benn is looking to fight for the WBA belt. So they don't need the rankings. But I still would have liked to see them follow it through, as in the cynical world of boxing it's a bad look. But I'm confident there's no foul play. That's 3 dedicated fighters.
          Conor Benn is on the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Nope, Spence's mando just got upset last fight. He doesn't have a IBF mandatory at the moment.

Spence is fighting Crawford if he beats Ugas. Any talk of him fighting the winner of Stanionis/Butaev or his IBF mandatory is nonsense. Don't even waste your time on that.

How can you say that Spence - Bud is locked in when PBC's press guy has been clear the money doesn't work? Unless some third party gets involved, no ones paying for that fight.

Comment

It's safe to say the neither Crawford or Spence would be fighting him in the not too distant future. I know Spence plans on moving up after Ugas and I don't know what exactly is Terence Crawford's plans are.

Perhaps he sticks around the division and fight one of these young hungry lions like Vergil Ortiz or maybe even Jaron 'Boots' Ennis for less money and there is always talk of him fighting a Keith Thurman fight.

However, he is going to have to sign with the PBC in order to do so.because he has burned his last remaining bridge with Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

No way Crawford fights Ortiz jr. or Boots as stay busy fight. he might lose.

Crawford will most likely fight Thurman, if Thurman beats Barrios.

After full unification fight Spence and Crawford will most likely retire or move up to 154 and there will be a belt grab between like 10 guys for 4 belts.
                I hope Barrios wins! I don't like Thurman's strategy, fighting Barrios (1st fight @ 147, coming off a KO loss) and expecting a title shot! I hope Thurman has to fight Avanesyan or Ortiz first, to get to Spence or Crawford!
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Benn is irrelevant here. He wants Belts ,not Benn. I don't see why Ennis fans are obsessed with Benn.
                  I personally stated Benn is stuck on a domestic level and praise Ennis at all opportunities for being what I consider the best active welterweight right now. Not real sure why your obsessed with giving me $h!t about mentioning Benn when his name was brought up

Comment

Originally posted by GreatMalenko View Post

How can you say that Spence - Bud is locked in when PBC's press guy has been clear the money doesn't work? Unless some third party gets involved, no ones paying for that fight.
                    PBC's press guy? PRESS GUY? And that fight will do good numbers on PPV. Both can easily come away with 8 figure paydays. Heck, Spence almost got that for Mikey, so you don't think that PPV can do 500k buys? With the digital buys taking up half or even more half of the buys, if they can do 500k buys, they will both make close to 15-20M for that fight.

It's going to happen....Assuming both guys handle business in their next fight....Mainly Spence since I don't know if Crawford is fighting again before the undisputed showdown or not.

Comment

3 fights. Broner ( name lil to no damage) khan brook winner then crawford for i feel unless thurman fights him or ugas beats spence then crawford wont have much options so boots it is

Comment

Working...
                      X