Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua is Too Big Not To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M312 View Post

You type like a 12 year old
    ^^^^^^^^^^^.

Comment

Personally I've always thought Joshua beats Fury. I don't think he can beat Usyk though. And I think Fury beats Usyk. I suspect Wilder is out of the picture now but I don't think he would have fared too well against those three. I guess he missed his chance to prove otherwise.

You don't always get a clear best in the division. Just points in time where one or two can claim to be the best.

And that's why I don't think this fight will happen. If Fury keeps on holding the marbles, why would he risk them? If he can beat Wilder and Usyk (who beat Joshua) then he's the best in the division. And he can cash in on that status against flavour of the month types. A fight against Joshua who might have 3 losses isn't too big to happen.
      Last edited by Toffee; 01-19-2022, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Joshua has really slid down my personal rankings. He's not in my top 10. Now there are a lot of promising next gen Heavies that I think would beat him. If the British people still want to see him fight Fury then go for it but its a fight that marinated too long and sadly passed its best by date. I want to see Joshua vs Hrgovic..That Joshua matchup would interest me. I dont see how he's earned a Fury title fight. He needs to get way back in the line or retire if he loses again to Usyk..
        Last edited by Wacked_Out; 01-19-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
          There seems to be some sort of agenda, presumably with Wilder fans that AJ wouldn't fight Wilder or Fury.

Doesn't seem to fit reality as we all know what happened with the Wilder/DAZN deal and we know we were one Fury signature away from AJ/Fury for undisputed before a coincendetally well timed abritration result stopping that fight.

There seems to be little doubt Hearn will try and make the Fury fight, win or lose v Fury.

The questions are if Top Rank will be interested or if AJ will be interested if he loses again v Usyk

Fury will get similar offer to Wilder.... he just needs to sign a long term deal giving all promotional rights to Eddie, and 15 x one sided rematch clauses for AJ.

Comment

Even if Joshua loses his next fight against Usyk, I’d still like to see Fury vs Joshua once Joshua has had a couple more fights to get his head straight again…however, I’m sure he will still think he is entitled to 50% of the take vs Fury and that just won’t be happening!

Comment

I'll still watch and pay for this nomatter when it happens. But it dont half piss you off having to wait so long. A £100 million fight for them. All that money. Whats taking them so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

Fury will get similar offer to Wilder.... he just needs to sign a long term deal giving all promotional rights to Eddie, and 15 x one sided rematch clauses for AJ.
                And be much richer, perhaps even win and seal his legacy

Comment

Originally posted by MPA2000 View Post
                  How is it too big not to happen? I don't see a bunch of Americans talking about this fight at all, except for the hard core boxing fans and of course those from the UK. I actually never heard of Fury, until he and Wilder were going to fight. I only heard of AJ because some one some where was calling him another Frank Bruno. I just don't pay attention to anything but American fighters, those who were "Americanized" like Pacquiao.
                  Well that doesn’t mean much, you’re only stating your own ignorance here. The american hw scene is pretty weak. Wilder - a guy who lost 3 times to the first live opponent he faced. Michael Hunter - went life and death with a mediocre journeyman and lost only to steal the decision in a plain robbery. Andy Ruiz - went life and death with a fossil. Charles Martin - remembered as the worst hw champ in history. If these are the only boxers you watch then ydksab and can’t determine what is or isn’t a big fight.
                  greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post

Snipped
                    Ignored and didn't read. Next don't start your sentence off by being a jerk.

Comment

AJ has Usyk problems. If he beats Usyk, that likely takes it to a trilogy, which puts Fury out of the picture for 2022. Fury can still stay busy with lucrative fights against Ortiz, Ruiz, Parker, Whyte, or Helenius.

Comment

Working...
                      X