Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua is Too Big Not To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M312 View Post
    There seems to be some sort of agenda, presumably with Wilder fans that AJ wouldn't fight Wilder or Fury.

Doesn't seem to fit reality as we all know what happened with the Wilder/DAZN deal and we know we were one Fury signature away from AJ/Fury for undisputed before a coincendetally well timed abritration result stopping that fight.

There seems to be little doubt Hearn will try and make the Fury fight, win or lose v Fury.

The questions are if Top Rank will be interested or if AJ will be interested if he loses again v Usyk

Oh good G-d, are hearniacs still pushing the dayzin deal as a way to attack wilder??? I’m done lol

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

I love watching boxing for the art of boxing. But I love the matchups and one champion per division of the ufc. And the fans stick with fighters after losses. Pretty records aren’t as important.

Boxing is all about carefully picked fights and sure win scenarios. Pisses me off when I think about it
      Its an outdated model now, that's for sure

Comment

Is it really? I don't think it is.

If somebody asked me RIGHT NOW, which fight would you rather see.

Dillian Whyte vs Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury.

I would choose Whyte vs Fury, as of right now.

Because right now that specific match up, has a more intriguing story. And just like Wilder vs Fury, their is a genuine dislike between the fighters.

These are the type of match ups, I want to see. Match ups which contain passion and brutality.

But to the casual fans, of course Joshua vs Fury will register in their minds. But if people are 100% honest with themselves, about the fights they want to see 'There would be a call for all different types of fights'.

Wilder vs Fury III, was a better event and match up than Joshua vs Usyk I.

Kell Brook vs Amir Khan, is a better event and match up than 90% of the fights getting made worldwide right now.

Boxing fans and people may pretend that they dislike these match ups, but on a primal level 'These are all the type of match ups, that captivate fans'.

Canelo Alavrez vs Ilunga Makabu is a poor match up and event. It has zero depth to it, on the surface there seems to be no passion from the fighters. Makabu is wanting or looking like he wants to be Alvarez's best mate, and he is made up he has got this opportunity.

Fights like that do not intrigue me, lets see Canelo Alvarez against David Benavidez or somebody who does not care who he is, and genuinely wants to beat him up inside of the ring or even outside of the ring.

I am looking forward to Chris Eubank Junior vs Liam Williams more than Alvarez vs Makabu.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-19-2022, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Oh good G-d, are hearniacs still pushing the dayzin deal as a way to attack wilder??? I’m done lol
          You type like a 12 year old
          greeneye99 greeneye99 Ragga1 Ragga1 like this.

Comment

If aj wins it happens immediate no defenses because aj to at risk for losses. If aj loses only way possible 2 scenarios usyk beats fury yet hed retire with a slight faint chance of a aj vs fury fight winner for the title. If fury wins vs usyk then aj only chance and ibf eliminator hrgovic vs aj.

Comment

"I had a guy come up to me today . . . . "

More utter BS from Hearn.

Comment

Another loss to little Usyk and it's a rematch with Dillian Whyte who will be mauled and stopped by Tyson Fury.

Comment

How about Joshua win a fight? Would be a refreshing change

Comment

How is it too big not to happen? I don't see a bunch of Americans talking about this fight at all, except for the hard core boxing fans and of course those from the UK. I actually never heard of Fury, until he and Wilder were going to fight. I only heard of AJ because some one some where was calling him another Frank Bruno. I just don't pay attention to anything but American fighters, those who were "Americanized" like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                      As long as Anthony Joshua stops losing then I’m sure it can happen.

id be happy to watch it either way.

But the obvious winner is being shown more as time goes on.

but boxing is boxing, and without an actual fight then no winner could ever be declared. Anything is possible

you can't base all that off the back of wins over wilder. time will tell who the best is.

Comment

Working...
                      X