Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: I'm Coming After Every Heavyweight in Line For The Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byfbnz View Post
    why do people say ortiz is at least 50? is there any proof of this? he did look old in this fight
    It's pretty well documented Cubans lie about their ages and he does look as old as the hills and if I recall in an interview he said something along the lines of "I remember watching rumble in the jungle live with my father" which of course happened in 1974.

And to remember actually watching it he'd have to at least be a few years old, which means his DoB which to be somewhere around 68-70 putting him at what 52-54.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgrove77 View Post
      You can look at my past posts - I’ve always touted Ortiz as top 5. Joshua is not top 5 nor is Ruiz . This is why fighters avoid him , he stings you out of the blue and has an awkward style like Usyk . His only problem is age/ I’m 44 and can tell you that he got knocked down not because of being hurt but because when you get over 40 and have been athletic during life, your knees are weaker and balance isn’t as strong. Personally I’d like to see him whoop Ruiz next . As you could tell from the faces in the crowd, he can get the sales
      virtually no chance against Ruiz., not even a punchers chance. It would be a dangerous beating as Ruiz doesn't have the big punch to take Ortiz out cleanly. It would be a steady beat down over many rounds.

Comment

He will not be allowed to go anywhere near the title fights. Too old.

He will stay safe fighting guys like Arreola, Helenius, Kownacki, Rice. There are many of them.
        Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 01-02-2022, 12:28 PM.
        Superbee Superbee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgrove77 View Post
          You can look at my past posts - I’ve always touted Ortiz as top 5. Joshua is not top 5 nor is Ruiz . This is why fighters avoid him , he stings you out of the blue and has an awkward style like Usyk . His only problem is age/ I’m 44 and can tell you that he got knocked down not because of being hurt but because when you get over 40 and have been athletic during life, your knees are weaker and balance isn’t as strong. Personally I’d like to see him whoop Ruiz next . As you could tell from the faces in the crowd, he can get the sales
          A top 5 guy wouldn’t struggle that bad with Martin .

Comment

The only line he is in is for his AARP and Medicare card. Coming soon to the PBC ppv on fox Luis Ortiz fights constipation and an arthritic knee!

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

It's pretty well documented Cubans lie about their ages and he does look as old as the hills and if I recall in an interview he said something along the lines of "I remember watching rumble in the jungle live with my father" which of course happened in 1974.

And to remember actually watching it he'd have to at least be a few years old, which means his DoB which to be somewhere around 68-70 putting him at what 52-54.
              Dang lol,we've all heard the rumors about his age but never knew he made that statement.
              takenotes takenotes likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

makes sense. thank you.

Comment

For love of god, please retire. You have a beautiful family that need you. Charles I’m talking to you and I hope Ortiz is listening too. That fight was embarrassing for both it will only get worse, retire gentleman

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post
                    For love of god, please retire. You have a beautiful family that need you. Charles I’m talking to you and I hope Ortiz is listening too. That fight was embarrassing for both it will only get worse, retire gentleman
                    You must be a sissy boy or something . What’s wrong with this generation.
                    Mgrove77 Mgrove77 likes this.

Comment

Nothing stopping him fight Hirgovic but there wasn't last year either obviously doesn't want a title shot .. so just take a money fight but that would mean being allowed off PBC island.

Comment

Working...
                      X