Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: I'm Coming After Every Heavyweight in Line For The Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    A top 5 guy wouldn’t struggle that bad with Martin .
    Martins glove getting stuck in the ropes saved Ortiz .

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Chandler View Post
      Martins glove getting stuck in the ropes saved Ortiz .
      …………

Comment

Ortiz's only "flaw" is his age which cannot be fixed. Other than that he beats up most in the HW division. Even at his current age he gives most of them a run for their money.

Comment

Heavyweights age well. Let’s go Ortiz! Break Foreman’s heavyweight record!

Rooting for him honestly. Would be insane if he beats Fury.

Comment

Anyone else think Luis Ortiz looks like Mr. Sandman from Punch-out?
            takenotes takenotes likes this.

Comment

The terrible Martin was proved correct in his pre-fight prediction of a devastating KO. Unfortunately for him it was, as most people except him predicted, a devastating KO of Martin himself.

Comment

Ortiz is too far along to beat Fury at this point. His legs can't do it (his upper body and skills could though). Unless someone suspect gets a hold of a title, I don't see Ortiz getting there, unfortunately. Boxing schedulers and promoters have been unfair to his hopes ... while younger he definitely could have gotten a title. IMO it's too late now.

That said, there is no doubt that he is the most dangerous 40+ year old in boxing. He can still win a lot of fights ... but every single fight would carry a lot of risk. Love him, but he's near the end of his career. I hope he can make as much money as possible in any fights he has going forward. He's a highly skilled warrior.
                slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  I was thinking more like a large Barry Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    He can sue punch out for copy right infringement, he was boxing in 1984 in Cuba .

Comment

Originally posted by RoadOfTheGypsy View Post
                      I was rooting for an Ortiz win and I got mine. Should I consider it a miracle?

Was Martin the favorite going into the fight? Anyone know the odds? This loss certified that Martin will never get another shot at AJ, that is for certain, he just isn't good, losing to Ortiz in this stage of his career.
                      The entire forum picked or was wanting Martin to win. It did not happen.

I stated that 'If Ortiz is anywhere near his best, he beats Martin'.

People will mock Ortiz, but? You have to give him credit for beating these guys at this stage of his career.

I think Ortiz should just go down the Derek Chisora route, never mind the titles. Chase the biggest most compelling fights that can be made.

Ortiz vs Ruiz Junior, Ortiz vs Helenius, Ortiz vs Chisora maybe these are all big fights that can be made.

If Hrgovic wants the fight, then he should be calling for it now. I have only mentioned Hrgovic because certain people seem to think he is some sort of heir to the Heavyweight titles 'I have not seen him display any ability miles better than all these other fighters' But he is a super heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X