Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Knocks Marcus Browne Out in Ninth of Bloody Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

I'll give Browne the first two rounds. Not more. Beterbiev stepped it up in Rd 3 with the jabs and movement. Soon after, he was worried about a stoppage and had more urgency.

However, I don't know what his capacity is at this point, but it seems like he was trying to pace himself. Maybe he was just stalking, but I remember more action vs Gvozdyk.
    I had it 77-74 for Beterbiev. I thought Brown took round nine

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

They couldn't...it was on the ESPN+ subscription app.
      Money talks. In Canada , TSN used to get HBO fights on here and there . Subscription or no subscription, money talks. TSN would rather show live curling or a re-run of the 1987 Canada Cup . Poor management. ESPN could easily sell the fight to TSN.
      Last edited by breeto80; 12-18-2021, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Beterbiev’ s style is that of a wrecking ball. Browne put up a pretty good effort initially, but you could see him folding more and more as the fight progressed. It seemed as if Browne didn’t have enough power to discourage Beterbiev and he didn’t have enough skill to escape the beating he was forced to endure. It will be interesting to see Beterbiev in the ring with a highly skilled, big puncher. Right now, he looks like a scary challenge for everyone at 175. Hard to know how Canelo would fare in there with this Terminator. It would definitely be Canelo’s most difficult and hard-hitting challenge, up to this stage of his career. I’d be curious to see that fight.

Very good fight in the main event, but damn, those undercards ******!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Do some cut men actually carry adrenaline chloride on them? That's weird. And what's aventine?
          They all do...of course. It stops the bleeding fast. Without, it just bleeds. Cuts don't just stop after a few seconds. A cutman can usually stop the bleeding, and it can last the whole fight with some touch ups between rounds.

https://dos.ny.gov/system/files/docu...ants-03.21.pdf

Aventine is a hemostatic agent..

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3173629/

Comment

• Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

Money talks. In Canada , TSN used to get HBO fights on here and there . Subscription or no subscription, money talks. TSN would rather show live curling or a re-run of the 1987 Canada Cup . Poor management. ESPN could easily sell the fight to TSN.
            You're talking about a whole different era in time...that all disappeared some time ago now since the Sports App era. Who ever thought HBO Boxing would disappear? Different age bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

You'd think they would hire one of the previous cut man from any of the other undercard fights, wouldn't that make sense?
              I don't know what they were thinking. Kinda like Tyson vs Buster Douglas...no cut man or even an enswell...rag tag trainer used a rubber glove.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

They all do...of course. It stops the bleeding fast. Without, it just bleeds. Cuts don't just stop after a few seconds. A cutman can usually stop the bleeding, and it can last the whole fight with some touch ups between rounds.

https://dos.ny.gov/system/files/docu...ants-03.21.pdf

Aventine is a hemostatic agent..

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3173629/
                Oh okay. Epinephrine. On the Q-Tips. For some reason I was thinking of it in a syringe. But that's the first time I heard of aventine. I remember seeing some old fights where the corner man had powder he put on the boxer. I guess they don't do that anymore and just use cloth sheets?

Cool man. Thanks for the links!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Oh okay. Epinephrine. On the Q-Tips. For some reason I was thinking of it in a syringe. But that's the first time I heard of aventine. I remember seeing some old fights where the corner man had powder he put on the boxer. I guess they don't do that anymore and just use cloth sheets?

Cool man. Thanks for the links!
                  That's aventine...they put it on the swab. They mix up a c o cktail damn (censers) of everything and put it on the swab.

Comment

• ****, missed the fight. Was it competitive or did Beter do his typical seek n destroy?

Comment

• Biev was just getting stronger and stronger as the fight went on. I can't see anyone from 168 to Cruiserweight

Comment

Working...
                      X