Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Slightly Overweight For 175-Pound Title Defense Against Marcus Browne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post

I am a fan of Artur and he is a fellow Eastern European... but the odds seem way too wide.

Artur had COVID earlier this year and we know the toll that can potentially take.

I might put a few bucks on Browne for perhaps a late stoppage.
    The beating he gave jack was just terrifying and brutal, for those odds it may be a good bet, look I like Beterbiev a lot too, am a big fan of both these guys and think this is a great fight that boxing needs especially when you have so many fighters taking the easy route today. Thank god for fighters like Beterbiev, Usyk, Terence Crawford, Roman Gonzalez who are always fighting the best fighters willing to get in the ring wth them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      3.2 ounces…maybe he should ask VADA to do a blood draw
      I like how everyone ignored this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Could an upset be brewing?

Might not be the worst idea to throw some money on Browne.
        I did it. BEFORE the weigh-in. A few ones on Browne by decision.

EDIT: I couldn't help placing three tenners on Browne by KO in rounds 9, 10 and 11 as well. At 101:1, a man's gotta try.
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 12-16-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I don't know why but I have this feeling Big Marcus is going to pull this one off. Not his fault he lost to a cheating pascal, who he was outboxing easy. That performance where he battered Jack was brilliant.
          I don't rate Browne as high as you but I do have a feeling of upset. Too many red flags around Beterbiev for this gight': age, inactivity, covid, inconsistent performances and now coming in a bit overweight.

Browne was outboxing Pascal but got complacent and got caught by those haymakers, in a truncated fight it was the difference maker. As for Jack, he hasn't looked the same since that fight with Adonis Stevenson. I think that war took something out of him.

Thinking I may lay a wager on Browne to win and possibly by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I don't rate Browne as high as you but I do have a feeling of upset. Too many red flags around Beterbiev for this gight': age, inactivity, covid, inconsistent performances and now coming in a bit overweight.

Browne was outboxing Pascal but got complacent and got caught by those haymakers, in a truncated fight it was the difference maker. As for Jack, he hasn't looked the same since that fight with Adonis Stevenson. I think that war took something out of him.

Pascal was juiced to the gills. This might be the perfect storm for a Browne upset.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I don't rate him that high, when he's at his best he can be great, but I admit Marcus can make mistakes often and this gets him in trouble. Agree with you about the red flags for Beterbiev.

Comment

Beterbiev will likely move up to CW, or should move up.

If he does move up, and fights Makabu, it will be interesting to see what Canelo’s critics have to say about it. Probably call Makabu an ATG and label it as a top 3 win for Beterbiev

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

If he does move up, and fights Makabu, it will be interesting to see what Canelo’s critics have to say about it. Probably call Makabu an ATG and label it as a top 3 win for Beterbiev
                  That's not true, I'd never say that, and this thread isn't about Canelo, nobody actually thinks Makabu is a challenge for anyone. Makabu was very carefully picked, there's levels between someone like Makabu or Dorticos/Breidis/others, Mayweather himself said Makabu got the **** beat out of him by all the smaller guys in sparring at his gym. Canelo knew this when he picked him. At least we know Dorticos has a KO win over Floyd's best cruiserweight, so this would be a good fight for ether Canelo or Beterbiev to get there feet wet in at CW before stepping up to fight the top dogs like Breids or even Usyk if he can go down without being drained. I'd give them both serious respect if they went up and dominated Dorticos.

Comment

Marcus looks like he has his personal life in line now and there was a high possibility that Pascal cheated. He is a very live dog in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You say "probably" based on what? Who was the last bum he fought that people said was an ATG? The real question is if Canelo would suddenly fight Beterbiev at cruiser instead of Makadoodoo.

Comment

Working...
                      X