Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Slightly Overweight For 175-Pound Title Defense Against Marcus Browne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
    With Beterbiev struggling to make weight, it looks like he won't be at light heavy much longer.

May as well go up to cruiserweight, which has no glamour, but test that out and go to heavyweight. I don't think he'll do that well at heavyweight, but may as well try.
    I think the perception of cruiserweight is starting to change. It should in my opinion there's some great history there holyfield was cruiserweight champ and moved up to become HW champ becoming legendary in the process. usyk did the same thing and he's now a hall of famer. maybe beterbiev wants to follow in those footsteps. beterbiev becomes a certified hall of famer if he becomes undisputed light heavyweight champ and then moves up to cruiser and becomes undisputed. Anything after that is pure gravy for beterbeast!!!

Comment

No one would hype up Makabu if Beterbiev were to suddenly fight him. Get the **** out of here with that.
      TernceBudCharlo TernceBudCharlo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRaiders View Post

Terrance Crawford a hasnt fought anyone at welterweight.
        two time welterweight champ shawn porter says hi! the same porter who gave spence the fight of his life! The same porter who spence couldn't ko! terrance crawford whooped and knocked him out!!!

Comment

So I'm guessing he made weight? Lol at the thread devolving into Canelo and Crawford arguing.

And is someone also trying to inject some Floyd Pac nonsense in here too?
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I don't know why but I have this feeling Big Marcus is going to pull this one off. Not his fault he lost to a cheating pascal, who he was outboxing easy. That performance where he battered Jack was brilliant.
            I have the same feeling

Good post
            TernceBudCharlo TernceBudCharlo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
              With Beterbiev struggling to make weight, it looks like he won't be at light heavy much longer.

May as well go up to cruiserweight, which has no glamour, but test that out and go to heavyweight. I don't think he'll do that well at heavyweight, but may as well try.
              Missing by 0.2 pounds by itself really doesn't indicate that. So many fighters step on the scales within a few ounces of the max weight.

Maybe he is struggling though, if so, the new 190 CW limits may suit him well. The step up to 200 really is too steep for most. It's why the 190 cruiser limit makes sense.

Comment

I don't think there's anything to see here! 0.2 is no big thing! What I found crazy is Jukembayev! Is that the same guy who was just fighting @ 140? And now he's fighting @ Middleweight, but only 150lbs.?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I don't think there's anything to see here! 0.2 is no big thing! What I found crazy is Jukembayev! Is that the same guy who was just fighting @ 140? And now he's fighting @ Middleweight, but only 150lbs.?
                  Maybe last-minute catchweight thing cause they knew they couldn't make weight? both guys are supposed to be 140 lbers or Martinez even looks like he's coming up from 135

Comment

Again his win over Gvozdyk is a much much much better win than a win over Makabu. So would a win over Sir Marcus. Every gym those guys stepped in they all said they were the real deal, the truth is out there with Makabu, he can't hang with most top American guys even at 147.
                    Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 12-16-2021, 04:41 PM.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      No one would hype up Makabu if Beterbiev were to suddenly fight him. Get the **** out of here with that.
                      Facts, the man he's fighting tomorrow is far more skilled than Makabu and you don't see a damn person hyping up Marcus, Big Marcus is even a more dangerous opponent than anyone Canelo fought since GGG probably. These are facts and you can't deny it, Marucs whooped the **** out of Badou Jack who really should have gotten the win against Degale and been undisputed at 168. Think about it, he beat the **** out of an undisputed champ at 168. This was when 168 was much more talented than it is today.
                      Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 12-16-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X