Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Slightly Overweight For 175-Pound Title Defense Against Marcus Browne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post

You say "probably" based on what? Who was the last bum he fought that people said was an ATG? The real question is if Canelo would suddenly fight Beterbiev at cruiser instead of Makadoodoo.
    I don't get the spin, it's the casual fans who outnumber the real fans, and the corrupt media, all talking about how canelo is dong ATG **** by fighting Makabu. Bull ****. Making up the story about how people are hating on this fight it's the small percent of real boxing fans who see it for what it is. Floyd himself said Makabu was getting the **** beat out of him by welterweights and middleweights at his gym, canelo isn't stupid, he's very smart, this is why he picked hm same way he does with all his opponents, fool the casual fan into thinking it's something great but knowing deep down inside it's trash.

I'd have much more respect for him if he fights the winner of this weekend's fight at 175, that's a real legacy fight, not this makabu bullsht.

Comment

You say "probably" based on what? Who was the last bum he fought that people said was an ATG? The real question is if Canelo would suddenly fight Beterbiev at cruiser instead of Makadoodoo.
      Exactly!!!!!

Comment

With Beterbiev struggling to make weight, it looks like he won't be at light heavy much longer.

May as well go up to cruiserweight, which has no glamour, but test that out and go to heavyweight. I don't think he'll do that well at heavyweight, but may as well try.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

The beating he gave jack was just terrifying and brutal, for those odds it may be a good bet, look I like Beterbiev a lot too, am a big fan of both these guys and think this is a great fight that boxing needs especially when you have so many fighters taking the easy route today. Thank god for fighters like Beterbiev, Usyk, Terence Crawford, Roman Gonzalez who are always fighting the best fighters willing to get in the ring wth them.
          Terrance Crawford a hasnt fought anyone at welterweight.
          Bossman15 Bossman15 mxtali mxtali like this.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRaiders View Post

Terrance Crawford a hasnt fought anyone at welterweight.
            He fights the best fighters willing to get in the ring with him and this is all you can ask for from a fighter. Those 4 fighters are the best fighters in the world who do it
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRaiders

Crawford and spence are overrated. Most black boxers are the biggest ducks in the sport.
              I won't even argue with you since you made a ridiculously ridiculously racist comment, normally I don't engage with racists, but I will just leave it with the fact - Spence is clearly the one ducking Bud and not the other way around.

Terence Crawford has never ducked ANYONE point blank period.
              Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 12-16-2021, 03:13 PM.
              greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I did it. BEFORE the weigh-in. A few ones on Browne by decision.

EDIT: I couldn't help placing three tenners on Browne by KO in rounds 9, 10 and 11 as well. At 101:1, a man's gotta try.
                The odds are too good not to take a flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I won't even argue with you since you made a ridiculously ridiculously racist comment, normally I don't engage with racists, but I will just leave it with the fact - Spence is clearly the one ducking Bud and not the other way around.

Terence Crawford has never ducked ANYONE point blank period.
                  Racist? Its the truth. Tell me who on Crawford's resume is his best win of his career? Joe Horn, Amir Khan

Comment

[QUOTE]based on what?[\QUOTE]

Based on ignorant fans who constantly flip flop their opinions about resume’s when the shoe fits?

If Beterbiev goes up to CW to fight Makabu as his first fight, guaranteed it would be hyped up by fans. 100% guarantee. Makabu will magically transform into a great top 3 fighter. No one would oppose Arthur fighting Makabu. And by no one, I mean it would be rare, a small percentage.

Makabu would literally be the 2nd top 3 fighter Beterbiev has ever fought in his career.

Fans have low standards for who they like, and high standards when they don’t like a boxer. That’s just the way it. From my join date of 2006 til present.

This is basically like an unwritten silly rule among boxing fans on forums and media: If you don’t like a fighter for whatever reason, demand that he needs to fight higher risk opponents and jump up 50lbs.

Beterbiev’s next opponent, #5 Ring ranked Marcus Browne, is seen as a good fight by fans and media (it is a good match IMO). If it was Canelo vs Browne, the high standards would come back up and the Canelo critics would swing their purses at Canelo.

Comment

[QUOTE=-Kev-;n31227133]
                      based on what?[\QUOTE]

Based on ignorant fans who constantly flip flop their opinions about resume’s when the shoe fits?

If Beterbiev goes up to CW to fight Makabu as his first fight, guaranteed it would be hyped up by fans. 100% guarantee. Makabu will magically transform into a great top 3 fighter. No one would oppose Arthur fighting Makabu. And by no one, I mean it would be rare, a small percentage.

Makabu would literally be the 2nd top 3 fighter Beterbiev has ever fought in his career.

Fans have low standards for who they like, and high standards when they don’t like a boxer. That’s just the way it. From my join date of 2006 til present.

This is basically like an unwritten silly rule among boxing fans on forums and media: If you don’t like a fighter for whatever reason, demand that he needs to fight higher risk opponents and jump up 50lbs.

Beterbiev’s next opponent, #5 Ring ranked Marcus Browne, is seen as a good fight by fans and media (it is a good match IMO). If it was Canelo vs Browne, the high standards would come back up and the Canelo critics would swing their purses at Canelo.

bang on the money !

that is exactly what would happen

Comment

Working...
                      X