Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Thurman Fight Is Bigger Than Porter Fight, But Thurman's Doing Whatever He's Doing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob said that Keith Thurman priced himself out for a fight with Terence Crawford with a $10M price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      Thurman is better fighter than Porter, sure, but he has been inactive for long time now. It seems his head is not in the sport any more. I guess he has done enough money and he enjoys family life.
      No, Keith is pricing himself out of these fights. According to Arum; Crawford was available until Thurman started pricing himself out for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Nope - but we are not invested in him like you are which blinds you to the boxing feriss wheel. If you got it then you get to sit in the feriss wheel all the way to the top - then, even as you are at the top you are a minute away from starting the downward journey.

Even Bud recognizes that Ennis and Ortiz are where Spence was 5 years ago, where Thurman and Brook were 7 years ago. Young lions ascending the feriss wheel.

Thurman is the old injured lion that isn't even on the competition wheel 'til he proves otherwise in a comeback fight.
        WTF are you even talking about? Who said I was "invested" in anybody?!

You can't be this off, but let me help me you...Crawford's a 3-division champion....undisputed in one division, to be exact. What has Ortiz and Ennis done thus far? Hell, Ortiz was afraid to mention Crawford's name after the Kavaliauskas fight, which tells me that your ignorant ass along with the rest of the Ortiz flunkies are the only ones who want that fight. Not your guy.

Why should Crawford care about where Ennis and Ortiz are on this mythical "ferris" wheel you speak of? Hell, Crawford was putting in work before anybody really knew who Spence was, and I say that as respectfully as possible.

If he played his cards right and invested in his career (e.g., keep winning to raise your profile, call out guys whether the fight will happen or not, stand firm on your business decisions) like the smart fighters do by their early 30's, he'd find himself in a position to face all top guys for the biggest paydays before he retires. He really doesn't have to break his neck to face Ortiz and Ennis when he's the champion with better fights on the horizon. They'd have to prove themselves worthy of a shot at the top...especially if Crawford beats Porter and faces...let's say, Ugas or Thurman.

Let's be honest here, if Bud beats Porter next month and TR was willing to do business with PBC because of it, half of yall wouldn't even be spewing this Ortiz and Boots mess. You'd immediately go back to naming Thurman, Spence, Ugas and a few others. And Thurman's right where he needs to be and you'll be right in front of the tv when he decides to fight again. Why are you talking like you're his manager anyway? Keith doesn't have to do anything we say...I just know the same complainers want their complaints validated, so they'll be tuned in like you.

Some of yall are really sickening around here, I swear.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Thurman was hurt by light welterweight j. Lopez, Crawford
          is wrong to say Thurman is the test. It seems like Crawford wants easier ones. He seemed ok not fighting Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

They not quite big enough just yet, every division has the money fights and the contenders building momentum, Like AL Capone said Eagles don't hunt flys, well in boxing the flys have got to get up to the Eagle.
            If Crawford is looking for fighters "to show his skill set," It's Boots and Vergil Ortiz Jr. If he's looking for a guy with a name then he can go with Keith Thurman!

Comment

Ugas would school bud as would Ennis ortiz would overwhelm him and if spence is 90% of what he was he beats bud pretty handily

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

WTF are you even talking about? Who said I was "invested" in anybody?!

You can't be this off, but let me help me you...Crawford's a 3-division champion....undisputed in one division, to be exact. What has Ortiz and Ennis done thus far? Hell, Ortiz was afraid to mention Crawford's name after the Kavaliauskas fight, which tells me that your ignorant ass along with the rest of the Ortiz flunkies are the only ones who want that fight. Not your guy.

Why should Crawford care about where Ennis and Ortiz are on this mythical "ferris" wheel you speak of? Hell, Crawford was putting in work before anybody really knew who Spence was, and I say that as respectfully as possible.

If he played his cards right and invested in his career (e.g., keep winning to raise your profile, call out guys whether the fight will happen or not, stand firm on your business decisions) like the smart fighters do by their early 30's, he'd find himself in a position to face all top guys for the biggest paydays before he retires. He really doesn't have to break his neck to face Ortiz and Ennis when he's the champion with better fights on the horizon. They'd have to prove themselves worthy of a shot at the top...especially if Crawford beats Porter and faces...let's say, Ugas or Thurman.

Let's be honest here, if Bud beats Porter next month and TR was willing to do business with PBC because of it, half of yall wouldn't even be spewing this Ortiz and Boots mess. You'd immediately go back to naming Thurman, Spence, Ugas and a few others. And Thurman's right where he needs to be and you'll be right in front of the tv when he decides to fight again. Why are you talking like you're his manager anyway? Keith doesn't have to do anything we say...I just know the same complainers want their complaints validated, so they'll be tuned in like you.

Some of yall are really sickening around here, I swear.
                They’ll have bud get beat by ennis if he somehow gets through the current big name WWs which I don’t think he will. If he lose to Porter his career basically done. If he comes through with anything less than a spectacular performance he’ll be the over hyped fraud many claim he is. He’s basically a Danny garcia level fighter. That’s not a bad thing DSG is a great fighter in his own right. But they came up together they went 1-1 as amateurs head to head. Compare their resumes. Danny has faced tougher competition in every division you could even say that Dsg would be undefeated like Crawford if he had fought the likes of Ricky burns, Felix diaz, gamboa, indongo. Mean machine, peg leg benevidez, joe horn, ghost of kell Brook. Like Crawford resume is just so barren of any top names in any division he’s ever been in it’s embarrassing lol

Comment

Crawford, Thurman or anybody else who considers themselves to be number one in their division are delusional to believe that if they have to be forced to fight any top five fighters in their division

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                    Ugas would school bud as would Ennis ortiz would overwhelm him and if spence is 90% of what he was he beats bud pretty handily
                    Go sit your dumb ass down, U know nothing about boxing! I can’t stand when a stupid MF’er make crazy accusations without merit. Period

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      If Crawford is looking for fighters "to show his skill set," It's Boots and Vergil Ortiz Jr. If he's looking for a guy with a name then he can go with Keith Thurman!
                      What about the Welterweight champion Errol Spence ?

Comment

Working...
                      X