Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: I Won't Celebrate Like Ruiz Did, Not Concerned With With Joshua's Trainer Hunt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you not like this guy? Undisputed CW champion, Gold Medalist & 3 belt HW champion. He didn’t even step on the gas in the championship rounds until the 12th. His team said it before the fight. “We’ll see you again in the spring”. They were extremely confident. He is hanging out drinking water. He doesn’t even care what Joshua does. He has to be confident in repeating watching Joshua scrambling for answers. New trainer? Usyk has him all figured out. I expect a serious beat down & possible mid round stoppage. Usyk is going to push the action from the get go. He has made a believer out of me. He is one of the best fighters I have ever seen in the 33 years i have been watching boxing. I really want to see him fight an in shape Fury. A Usyk win hopefully means a Wilder/Joshua fight materializes…

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
      This is a heavyweight champion to admire. Supreme skill, discipline and humility. Without a WWE style carnival Barker like Hearn speaking for him.
      Love the carnival barker comparison. Step right up step right up & watch Usyk batter Joshua again…

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
        This is a heavyweight champion to admire. Supreme skill, discipline and humility. Without a WWE style carnival Barker like Hearn speaking for him.
        Carnival barker reminds me of an old Neil Young song…
        Oh to live on Sugar Mountain
        With the barkers and the colored balloons
        You can't be 20 on Sugar Mountain
        Though you're thinking that
        You're leavin' there too soon
        You're leavin' there too soon

Comment

There are like a million people who ate shhh that night he beat Joshua. First he was a no hoper and then the manager saying what he said just before the fight really pissed people off. This dude is a throwback, lives and breathes boxing. I hope he has a long success career showing people that predictions in boxing are pointless.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            There are like a million people who ate shhh that night he beat Joshua. First he was a no hoper and then the manager saying what he said just before the fight really pissed people off. This dude is a throwback, lives and breathes boxing. I hope he has a long success career showing people that predictions in boxing are pointless.
            Easy, that stuff happens all the time. Remember Buster Douglas?

Comment

For the future oh hw boxing we need usyk to win again. This will open up to very exciting fights in the next 2 years or so. AJ would simply lock the queue again (due to hearn) and we'll end up seeing boring fights like the one vs Pulev.
              AmpMcv AmpMcv Nomadic Nomadic like this.

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Ruiz and his training with Reynoso? He sticking to the regime or fall off?

Comment

He's great both in and out of the ring.

Comment

A true ambassador of the sport. Sad that we mostly get clowns instead. One of the few sport where 'professionals' act so unprofessional. Welcome, Champ Usyk, and enjoy your stay, which appears to be a long one, with your attitude and skills.
                    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrames View Post
                      Usyk is class
                      Been a real pro for too long he will be improved in the rematch he won't be out partying, it all went to Andy's head that won't happen with Ursk.

Comment

Working...
                      X