Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez vs. Kambosos Made Official: November 27 at Hulu Theater, DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
    Lol yet Lomachenkos last opponent is someone Teo beat and Lomas next opponent is someone Teo knocked out in 2
    Neofimo I won't fight more tall fighters Lopez?

Comment

I can agree with that if he beats up Commey for 12 rounds maybe there would be interest in the rematch but I just don't see Teo staying at 135 for longer than 6 months. Maybe if Teo went up to 140 and got the belts Loma would move up to try and make history. I don't believe there has ever been a 4 division Ukrainian champion correct me if I'm wrong I honestly don't know but I don't think so.
      You feel Looez will cut down to 135 one more time but that s it. Seems correct, but actually Lopez was making a lot of noise pre-Loma that that this would be his last fight at 135. Now we see he is ready to make and exception to his statements and take on a mandatory at 135.

I suspect Lopez doesn't actually know himself how many more times he will be willing to cut the weight. Think $$$$ - I suspect that's where the answer lies.

I do know someone who knows Lopez personally and he doesn't want to cut weight down to 135 anylonger, thus all the rethoric before the Loma fught about moving up next fight, which he of course isn't.

P.S. MY direct point being, if the stage is set correctly for a Loma rematch within the next 14 months Lopez will probably meet him at 135. But Loma has to dominate Commey, even if only by decision, it has to be a domination.
      Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 10-24-2021, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

Neofimo I won't fight more tall fighters Lopez?
        Lol what are you 12 dude get out here with that **** man.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

You feel Looez will cut down to 135 one more time but that s it. Seems correct, but actually Lopez was making a lot of noise pre-Loma that that this would be his last fight at 135. Now we see he is ready to make and exception to his statements and take on a mandatory at 135.

I suspect Lopez doesn't actually know himself how many more times he will be willing to cut the weight. Think $$$$ - I suspect that's where the answer lies.

I do know someone who knows Lopez personally and he doesn't want to cut weight down to 135 anylonger, thus all the rethoric before the Loma fught about moving up next fight, which he of course isn't.

P.S. MY direct point being, if the stage is set correctly for a Loma rematch within the next 14 months Lopez will probably meet him at 135. But Loma has to dominate Commey, even if only by decision, it has to be a domination.
          Yeah I suppose man like I said he's big for the weight and doesn't seem like he is going to stay much longer it's much easier for Loma to make 135 than it is for Teo.

Comment

Lol what are you 12 dude get out here with that **** man.
            I am eleven but I am not afraid like Neofimo.

Comment

it wont be competitive....only chance kambosos got if teofimo is distracted, sometimes father n son are living in an alternate reality

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

I am eleven but I am not afraid like Neofimo.
                Yeah he's shaking that's why he wants to go up to 140 to fight Josh Taylor meanwhile Loma is fighting people he already beat and he's a 3 division champion. Let me ask you a question how come Lomachenko isn't pushing for fights with Devin Haney, Tank Davis or Ryan Garcia? Obviously Teofimo is locked up with a mandatory how come he didn't take on a young undefeated fighter instead of fighting people who have already lost before.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Soooo, by your logic...since Lomachanko crushed Nakatani you must also believe that today Lomachanko already outshines Teofimo.

If not...then you can only be saying that if Lomachanko is to outshine Teofimo he needs to outshine Teo more than once, Loma needs to outshine Teo twice and do it in a fashion that fits your personal narrow parameters? Seems a little bias and hypocritical...no?

Putting personal pre- requirments aside, Lomachanko isn't going to clip Commey because that's not what he does and never has. If Teofimo is insisting upon that as a requirement it's not going to happen, he may as well just come out and say, I'm not taking the risk.

Lastly, in perspective....Commey was wining the fight before he got clipped. The same way Lennox Leiws got clipped but was afforded the opportunity to a rematch or he may never be considered the best of his error. Jus keepin it real, namsayn.
                  Maybe you are misinterpreting what I am saying here. This is not my perspective, per se. The more I watched the Loma vs Lopez fight, the more I can see a scenario where Loma won that fight. I had it a draw and believe Loma did the better work, by far.

My point here, however, is that I'm looking at things from the perspective of the public. And I'm saying that Loma would have to KO Commey to one-up Lopez. I do have to disagree that Commey was beating Lopez up until the KO. I suppose a case could be made, but Commey got clipped a couple times during those two rounds, not just with the KO. (Actually, maybe Commey took the first round. It's possible.)

Anyway, the point I'm making is that I can't see Loma stopping Commey in the middle of the second round. Of course anything is possible, but I can't see it. What I can see is Loma stopping Commey between rounds six and nine, with a body shot, a body shot where Commey can't get up. That would be a KO, which would be better than Lopez's TKO. In that situation, I think you could say Loma beat Commey worse than Lopez.

I'm not going to speculate too much here because I think Commey is a hard fight. Like you said referencing Lennox, getting clipped doesn't mean you were beating the guy before then.

Comment

Working...
                  X