Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Views Joe Joyce as The Biggest Threat, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyce is slow as **** but hes keeps on coming and is extremely hard to hurt. If you dont have good mobility that you can keep up for 12 rounds hes likely to start getting to you and breaking you down eventually. For that reason hes a serious threat to most of the division, theres not many current HWs who are particularly slick.

I think Fury probably boxes to a comfortable UD if he turns up in shape and uses the Wlad/Wilder 1 gameplan. If he comes in there with the shape and strategy that he did vs Wilder just now he could get himself into trouble imo.

Comment

Warren would say that, he's Joyce's promoter

In this case though I'm not going to disagree. I think Joyce has as good a chance of causing Fury problems as anybody else in the division.

While Fury is taking on the Whyte/Wallin winner and Aj/Usyk 2 winner hopefully Joyce gets two or three decent wins and puts himself squarely next in line.

Comment

Joe Joyce wouldn't make it past Joseph Parker......or Chisora....or Whyte....or any damn serviceable heavyweight....LOL....good laugh though.

Comment

I hope they're not alluding to no Usyk v Fury. I'd be more pissed about that than Spence v Crawford farce.

Comment

Joyce already started throwing punches to maybe land some on fight night.

Comment

RoboJoe will get his glory!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
                Joyce already started throwing punches to maybe land some on fight night.
                Lol.....yea..it'll take at least a month for those punches to arrive.

Comment

Huh, actually, I do believe it could be so ever since Fury switched styles. Joyce is extremely tough and athletic and is able to find ways to land big shots even though his punches look kinda slow to connect, and is big enough to perhaps not allow even a guy Fury's size to back him up.
                  billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

James Joyce is in a great position. I would not underestimate him...If he looks at tape and sees fighters like Marciano and Armstrong... fighters that had that engine he has, he could evolve quite a bit. Joyce's advantage is that he can do things very particularly to his style and while he does not have the experience, he has down what he does...

he has to learn to be less avoidable... But he can do it anyway he wants... Not necessarily by the book. He could upset an apple cart if he gets it down. Can he beat Fury? Unlikely but possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
                      Joe Joyce wouldn't make it past Joseph Parker......or Chisora....or Whyte....or any damn serviceable heavyweight....LOL....good laugh though.
                      You know why that is probably not true? He has made it this far... And by common laws of logic he is slow, does not have much of a punch, he should have been shown the error of his ways... But he hasn't.

Remember Marciano? He walked into the gym... trainer says "Jeez this guy has two left feet and their pointing in opposite directions", other trainer says "The guy is short and has no damn reach!" and even his punch looked more like a baboon coming up high, than a trained fighter...

I would not sell Joyce short.

Comment

Working...
                      X