Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Views Joe Joyce as The Biggest Threat, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep saying it, Joyce isn't slow. he's two-paced and his whole game is down to a sudden change of pace- it's a very effective tactic, especially when he's been ramming a jab painfully and monotonously into someone's face for several rounds.
    Zonkmeister likes this.

Comment

Yeah so more likely Fury views him as the easiest (over 12) which is which they are talking up the fight. Even so, would be an interesting one.

Comment

Makes sense, I'd like to see J. smash Whyte to bits
        Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

It seems like Usyk's already schooled all of these threats (Joyce, Joshua).

Comment

Joyce is good, but just coming forward is not enough against some of these guys. Fury and Usyk have movement, which without speed puts Joyce at a huge disadvantage. Against an in-shape Ruiz, Ruiz hand speed will see him land 2 or three punches to Joyce's one.

I do not hate Joyce as an opponent for anyone. He will DARE other HW to come meet him, trusting his power and durability. He is zero joke. But he does not have a ton of tools in his shed. That is a problem for Joyce against experienced, skilled opponents.

Side note... I would love a Gassiav against Joyce tussle. THAT would be fun.
            Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Well Joyce is the one heavyweight who could match fury for physical strength and gas tank, Joyce isn't a slender guy bulked up like Wilder or to a lesser extent Joshua, he's a natural 250lb man who is fairly lean at that weight.

You'd think Fury would be able to use his movement and handspeed advantage but I think Joyce would provide a good workout to be sure.
              Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 10-18-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brumsongs1 View Post
                I keep saying it, Joyce isn't slow. he's two-paced and his whole game is down to a sudden change of pace- it's a very effective tactic, especially when he's been ramming a jab painfully and monotonously into someone's face for several rounds.
                His two speeds are slow and less slow
                Frede6 and PBR Streetgang like this.

Comment

Dubois landed 146 punches on him, and that's Dubois.

Just imagine what Tyson Fury would do to him.

Comment

Warren saying some of this to build up an in-house fight but there's some truth to this.

Juggernaut is a big, strong, durable guy with a ramrod jab and an engine that can go 12 rounds easy. He is slow and at times basic but he's no easy out for any fighter.

Comment

I want to see Fury fight Whyte, Usyk and then Joe Joyce.

Comment

Working...
                      X