Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Caleb Plant Fight Is Gonna Be I Think Maybe A Little Easy For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Caleb Plant Fight Is Gonna Be I Think Maybe A Little Easy For Me

Canelo Alvarez anticipates some difficulties during the early stages of his upcoming fight against Caleb Plant. The first round of their super middleweight title unification fight November 6 will be especially tricky, according to Alvarez. Once he adjusts to the unbeaten Plant's style, though, Alvarez believes beating the IBF 168-pound champion could become relatively easy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Caleb isn’t wilder. Caleb is a complete fighter with Sterling foot and head movement. If he can keep the movement up and utilise the jab then no sir it won’t be easy

Comment

He’s probably looked at the tape and seen that Plant is an orthodox fighter with an easy style for Canelo to pick apart.
      BJS presented a challenge as a southpaw but Canelo eventually got his timing down and broke his face.
      Plant doesn’t do anything Canelo hasn’t seen before.

Comment

Caleb is good. Like a modern day Tommy Loughran, a smooth boxing white guy without a big punch. But Loughran was much better and fought light heavyweights as well as heavyweights and beat a lot of them. His foot work looked he had on roller skates. He was very hard to hit clean. But he was a true 15 round fighter. These guys today are pretty for for 7 or 8 rounds then they aren't the same fighter anymore. And Caleb's face doesn't hold up. I expect him to get busted up and stopped on cuts while protesting and saying he coulda continued, or counted out completely
        Last edited by archiemoore1; 10-16-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Canelo just said a few days ago he knew the first 4-5 rounds would be hard because of Plant's speed. Then he would go to work. He's just stirring the pot.

I figure he goes for CP's body until about the 5th and then he hits the gas. I really like Plant and hope he has his conditioning down. If he can stick and move he has a chance. If he gasses against arguably the #1 fighter on the planet, he's toast. I think he knows it too.
          krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

So canelo is flat out admitting that he sees this as a cherry pick and is minimizing risk. If he struggles at all with Plant, he and his groupies who have been describing plant as a bum with no shot will have some explaining to do. Luckily they’re well versed in making excuses at this point.
            Cyrus24 Cyrus24 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Caleb strategy is to get under Canelo's skin and take him off his gameplan, which I doubt it'll work due to the number of big fights canelo has fought. But nonetheless, canelo never talks this much before a fight, so I get the impression he's trolling Caleb now to say "here is the proper way to get under someone skin" and it might work. Caleb has shown signs of being pretty sensitive in the past.
              Gypshot Gypshot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                So canelo is flat out admitting that he sees this as a cherry pick and is minimizing risk. If he struggles at all with Plant, he and his groupies who have been describing plant as a bum with no shot will have some explaining to do. Luckily they’re well versed in making excuses at this point.
                Pacquiao, Joshua, and Canelo effectively have what one could definitely call groupie fans. Abs they all act exactly the same…way too emotional and entirely histrionic

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post

This phaggot claims to hate Canelo but I see him whining and crying in every Canelo thread.

He can't stop himself from posting about him. I wouldn't be surprised if over 50% of his posts are about Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Pacquiao, Joshua, and Canelo effectively have what one could definitely call groupie fans. Abs they all act exactly the same…way too emotional and entirely histrionic
                    it’s very cult like but even weirder because they don’t even know the person that they’re worshiping.

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X