Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Comes In At Career-High Weight For Showdown With Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
    There’s a bit being overlooked by many. Firstly, they are both European style boxers, there isn’t a massive gap in technical skill that gives Usyk the advantage people claim. Secondly, there is a persistent power vs speed argument. Against Chisora, Usyk had every advantage, he probably hit about as hard, was quicker, more technical and was the same size, but he didn’t blow him away. Now, all of sudden people see him breezing through AJ who is better in every dept than Chisora and more naturally gifted. Nah, it’s a good match up, but on attributes alone the book makers have the right idea.
    All true. But Usyk figures fighters out in a way AJ hasn't really had to do in all but one fight in his career. It took 6 months and a rematch for him to adapt to Ruiz. Credit for adapting, but he couldn't do it in the ring when it was clear that he shouldn't be following up on one good shot.

Usyk solves these problems on the fly. In fact he goes into the first few rounds with that as his main aim. He's pretty exceptional in that regard.

Size, speed, technique, stamina... all important attributes. Don't discount ring IQ though, because that's Usyk's best attribute and it travels through the weight divisions just fine.

If there is an answer to be found, Usyk will find it. That makes me more nervous for Joshua than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Exposing fallacy means emotional attachment to you.

But yer h00mo tendencies that makes you completely insecure and an emotional wreck to the extent of parroting these fallacies is the right thing to do, no?

Yes, Ruiz came in at the weight he did not for power and to lay down yet he never gassed for 12rds. But he looked like absolute ***** at what’s meant to be a better weight against a washed up Arreola in the worst fight of his career.

Most of you are just complete phagggots and the only reason you hate AJ is because he’s the physical specimen you always wished you could be. And that right there is emotional attachment, you complete m00ron.
      You honestly couldn’t rub two of your brain cells together to form an amoeba. Seriously, your intelligence level is at such a negative value I find even myself dwelling below the spectrum being forced to read your ramblings. Sound advice, please, finish school man and make something of yourself rather than exposing your ignorance publicly for all to see.

Here’s some wisdom to live by. It shall serve you well. “It’s better to remain silent and thought to be ignorant, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”
      Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 09-25-2021, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

All true. But Usyk figures fighters out in a way AJ hasn't really had to do in all but one fight in his career. It took 6 months and a rematch for him to adapt to Ruiz. Credit for adapting, but he couldn't do it in the ring when it was clear that he shouldn't be following up on one good shot.

Usyk solves these problems on the fly. In fact he goes into the first few rounds with that as his main aim. He's pretty exceptional in that regard.

Size, speed, technique, stamina... all important attributes. Don't discount ring IQ though, because that's Usyk's best attribute and it travels through the weight divisions just fine.

If there is an answer to be found, Usyk will find it. That makes me more nervous for Joshua than anything else.
        I hear you, it’s the IQ that makes this a good match up, without that element AJ would be a clearer favourite. We know AJ is fallable, it’s part of his appeal to the spectator otherwise on physical gifts alone he’d be hard to bet against, he def does stuff that gets him trouble, will Usyk capitalise is a big question, he takes shots too and these are gonna be heavy hands to walk through. Not long til we find out.

Comment

Look forward to it, may the best man win! Not much Buzz for this one, this was a very DRY fight week, haven't seen any prefight stuff or anything

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            At 222lbs at 6ft 3 I wonder if he was 6ft 6 what weight would that translate to? I guess proportionally they are about same size
            (78/75)^3 x 222 =249.7

That's assuming usyk scaled up in all dimensions ie keeping his proportions. If you just made him taller without making him wider and thicker it'd come to about 231.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

I guess Usyk believes the fallacy that AJ has a glass chin and he’s coming in for a KO.

AJ should get him out of there in 4/5 rds now..
              AJ has been dropped SEVEN TIMES, one of those times ending by way of TKO. I think you can safely say that AJ DOES HAVE A GLASS CHIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

AJ has been dropped SEVEN TIMES, one of those times ending by way of TKO. I think you can safely say that AJ DOES HAVE A GLASS CHIN.
                When we're all 7 I only know of like 4,
                TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie Coffeecake View Post

When we're all 7 I only know of like 4,
                  Yeah. Four times with Ruiz. The other time was in the European Championships. The second time was against David Price. And the third time was against Klitschko. That makes SEVEN TIMES. He has a glass jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Yeah. Four times with Ruiz. The other time was in the European Championships. The second time was against David Price. And the third time was against Klitschko. That makes SEVEN TIMES. He has a glass jaw.
                    Lol bringing up ****ing sparring stories.

Hes been knocked down 5 times as a pro unless i'm missing something. Four in the same fight in a freak upset that he avenged 6 months later (he was never actually KO'd either, he kept getting up), and the other time against the most dominant HW of the 21st century.

Fury has been knocked down 4 times, two understandable enough (Wilder), but he also got floored by Steve Cunningham and Neven Pajkic. Wilder has only been dropped in the Fury fight but Fury isnt considered a puncher, hes also been hurt (but stayed on his feet) against guys like Molina and Washington, and was out on his feet and potentially saved by the bell vs Ortiz.

EDIT: Oh wait, just remembered 18-27 Harold Sconiers LOL.

I suppose they've all got glass jaws.
                    Last edited by TMLT87; 09-25-2021, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Lol bringing up ****ing sparring stories.

Hes been knocked down 5 times as a pro unless i'm missing something. Four in the same fight in a freak upset that he avenged 6 months later (he was never actually KO'd either, he kept getting up), and the other time against the most dominant HW of the 21st century.

Fury has been knocked down 4 times, two understandable enough (Wilder), but he also got floored by Steve Cunningham and Neven Pajkic. Wilder has only been dropped in the Fury fight but Fury isnt considered a puncher, hes also been hurt (but stayed on his feet) against guys like Molina and Washington, and was out on his feet and potentially saved by the bell vs Ortiz.

EDIT: Oh wait, just remembered 18-27 Harold Sconiers LOL.

I suppose they've all got glass jaws.
                      Those aren't sparring stories man. That's out of Joshua's own mouth. He confessed to that. I think that's a pretty good source.

Comment

Working...
                      X