Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Says DAZN Didn't Have Budget To Stage Regis Prograis Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready by this article again I did take notice of something, the blatant entitlement on Prograis’ part. He questions why Garcia and not himself. No matter how overrated Garcia has been, he’s fought at a level higher than prograis has and in multiple divisions at the championship level. For some reason prograis thinks he is above taking contender level fights and must seek out big money fights. Prograis doesn’t get that you don’t become a franchise fighter by just calling out other fighters…..FIGHT FOOL! Get a fight set and then another and another….force the big fights

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
      Maybe Progreis is a threat ... just thinking
      Prograis is more than a threat to Garcia; imo he beats him.

That's why Garcia priced himself out of the fight before any real negotiation even started.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I’m not unbiased at all, I find hearn’s words and actions make him an extremely odious salesman and reprehensible person. He was extremely insulting when he came to the USA. You don’t go to other peoples homes and insult them especially if you want to appeal to them. The old WWF heel manager act is played out. I am unable to like and follow him simply because he is British. I’m not made like that. I don’t worship at the altar of Hearn.
        Glad to have you back. I missed the old you

Comment

clearly the place for him for now is against pbc competition
          The most intriguing opponents for canelo imo are:

Betierbiev
          Benavidez
          Charlo
          Marcus Browne
          Bivol
          Zurdo

I figure he fights Benavidez next. Then it’s the Bivol/Browne winner. Then Charlo.

Zurdo and Bieterbiev will be down the road imo.

Man if he beats all of them that would be a exceptional.

Comment

Canelo has broken everyone. It’s often been said that he is the biggest star in the sport. That statement needs to be assessed proportionally. Boxing at present is at a low point in the USA, Canelo is the biggest star in a sport that has almost no outreach to the American sports fan due to the politics of the sport and where those politics have left the sport. Canelo is popular with Mexican American fans but I strongly suspect that his worth is woefully overstated and that may become quite evidently exposed in this coming PPV. It’s a great matchup that I think is better than what the sycophantic Canelo fans are saying. Dayzin and Canelo clearly didn’t see eye to eye on the worth of Canelo against the level of opposition he was facing….which means dayzin wasn’t making money off Canelo. Showtime feels it can. We shall see. Espinoza is a good man for boxing and no doubt showtime shoulder programming will be on point. They did a good job of promoting mayweather’s fights and made a star out of him so we shall see if they can make Canelo bigger than what he has sunk too in the dayzin years. Espinoza and Haymon are colluding on this one, something tells me cbs is being sold on what it could mean for the company to have Canelo aboard. Time will tell of Canelo can return to what he was and possibly become bigger. I’d love to see it happen, his return to big fights is healthy for the sport. Being on dayzin wasn’t. GGG had all but become a memory….
            All due respect, and I agree with some aspects of what you said, but when I talk Americans, I mean anyone, anyone who's born here is an American, In my opinion, would you agree? Are Mexican Americans not American? Mexican Americans are the largest minority in this country, they already are the majority in California, Texas, New Mexico, and soon to be in Nevada and Arizona, and Colorado will follow soon as well, so when you say boxing is "not" popular in the United States, who are you exactly so you mean? White Anglo Americans, Black Americans, Asian Americans? Who exactly? Wether you know or not, is Canelo is popular in this country, he golfs with other major sport's star, if you asked an "American" in the street, who's Canelo Alvarez, and who's Terrance Crawford, or Erroll Spence, Of course not anyone would know who either of these guys is, but I would guarantee more people know Canelo. Point being here, America is a big place, and while boxing or Canelo are more popular in certain regions, it's still well and alive, this story your telling, is been told since the Early 2000s, oh how boxing is dying! UFC is going to take over! But here we are.... Boxing has broken multiple records in just the past 10 years, boxing, not UFC, and till This date, a Super boxing match up, will beat a Super UFC match up, all day, everyday, and twice on Sunday....

Comment

clearly the place for him for now is against pbc competition
              PBC is deep 122-168! Some divisions more than other, but definitely @ 168!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

The most intriguing opponents for canelo imo are:

Betierbiev
                Benavidez
                Charlo
                Marcus Browne
                Bivol
                Zurdo

I figure he fights Benavidez next. Then it’s the Bivol/Browne winner. Then Charlo.

Zurdo and Bieterbiev will be down the road imo.

Man if he beats all of them that would be a exceptional.
                Truth. If he cleans then all up then he should just retire

Comment

DAZN gave Eddie Hearn a billion dollars. Obviously that was a mistake and boxing fans knew it from the beginning. Without AJ Hearn is nothing and AJ is not even signed with DAZN he may resign with sky lol. It is going to take DAZN 1000 years to recoup the 10 billion debt with just the brit bum fights app and italian soccer app. The article says the north american boxing scene is too competitive. The brit scene is competitive too and a smaller market. The only place DAZN has a monopoly is italian soccer.

Comment

Wonder what Dazn is coughing up to Mikey for this one? Regardless, it'd probably take atleast a minimum 7-8mil combined to make the Regis fight and with neither holding a belt,I doubt DAZN will be willing to throw even that at it.

Was hoping the catchweight was more so Mikey attempting to make 140 where he belongs but looks like this Sandor cat is a career Jr welter, smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      PBC is deep 122-168! Some divisions more than other, but definitely @ 168!
                      I wouldn't say 30 or 35. Gervonta's division hopping is evidence of that. 47 and 54 definitely though.

Comment

Working...
                      X