Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Says DAZN Didn't Have Budget To Stage Regis Prograis Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta lower those prices Mikey. Losing to Spence and didn't look that great against Vargas, the value is just not there anymore. Get a couple good W's, and not some fkn Sandor Martin W's.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I like all the comments so far. Dayzin clearly lost its way very early with its budget for non events but all boxing in the USA has had its budget cut. We can’t single out dayzin on this one. ESPN has pulled the reigns back on arum, FOX on pbc, dayzin on matchroom etc. The pandemic really hurt sports and boxing as a niche sport in the USA has really been seen as expendable. Why should dayzin throw greenbacks down the money pit on fights that don’t result in subscriptions? Mikey Garcia alone doesn’t move the needle. Never understood why Hearn put so much into him.
      Canelo broke the bank at FOX! I guess it's worth it, because they're hoping he fights Benavidez and Charlo? Time will tell!
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

At this point fans and the promoters know Mikey is not a serious fighter. He thinks he is Mayweather who can fight just nice every two years while getting paid ridiculous money. His small frame and lack of muscle and excess fat at higher weights will only allow him to be a serious contender at 135. This division is ripe for a prolonged series of fan friendly fights in order to establish true dominance. Mikey however sold his soul so to speak when he pimped himself out for the Spence fight. He is now the Mexican Amir Kahn in that everyone knows his career is a joke but he still manages to get fans through the door a bit.
        bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Canelo broke the bank at FOX! I guess it's worth it, because they're hoping he fights Benavidez and Charlo? Time will tell!
          Canelo has broken everyone. It’s often been said that he is the biggest star in the sport. That statement needs to be assessed proportionally. Boxing at present is at a low point in the USA, Canelo is the biggest star in a sport that has almost no outreach to the American sports fan due to the politics of the sport and where those politics have left the sport. Canelo is popular with Mexican American fans but I strongly suspect that his worth is woefully overstated and that may become quite evidently exposed in this coming PPV. It’s a great matchup that I think is better than what the sycophantic Canelo fans are saying. Dayzin and Canelo clearly didn’t see eye to eye on the worth of Canelo against the level of opposition he was facing….which means dayzin wasn’t making money off Canelo. Showtime feels it can. We shall see. Espinoza is a good man for boxing and no doubt showtime shoulder programming will be on point. They did a good job of promoting mayweather’s fights and made a star out of him so we shall see if they can make Canelo bigger than what he has sunk too in the dayzin years. Espinoza and Haymon are colluding on this one, something tells me cbs is being sold on what it could mean for the company to have Canelo aboard. Time will tell of Canelo can return to what he was and possibly become bigger. I’d love to see it happen, his return to big fights is healthy for the sport. Being on dayzin wasn’t. GGG had all but become a memory….
          Last edited by Oldskoolg; 09-20-2021, 10:07 AM.
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

You don't have to say it champ I'm saying it. That pumpkin head after facing Spence which I give him his props to be fair just wants easy touches or a shi*t load of money. I have never heard of who he is fighting, yet Mikey says it will be a good fight. The fact that it is a catchweight proves to me further that Mikey wants every conceivable advantage. Mikey's list of fighters he has called out but never fought

CRAWFORD
            THURMAN
            GARCIA
            COTTO
            PORTER
            LOMACHENKO
            PACQUIAO
            PROGRAIS

I don't see what everyone sees in him I like his family and he conducts himself well in interviews , yes he is a 4 division Champion but so is Broner ....exactly

Comment

Maybe Progreis is a threat ... just thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                I like all the comments so far. Dayzin clearly lost its way very early with its budget for non events but all boxing in the USA has had its budget cut. We can’t single out dayzin on this one. ESPN has pulled the reigns back on arum, FOX on pbc, dayzin on matchroom etc. The pandemic really hurt sports and boxing as a niche sport in the USA has really been seen as expendable. Why should dayzin throw greenbacks down the money pit on fights that don’t result in subscriptions? Mikey Garcia alone doesn’t move the needle. Never understood why Hearn put so much into him.
                I'm shocked you are becoming a complete and unbiased poster. An opportunity to rip into DAZN and you stayed impartial .Even the Hearn comment at the end couldn't undo all the good work you wrote earlier. So it is with great pleasure I offer you a like. Well done sir you deserve it

Comment

Yeah, Mikey definitely deserves top dollar after getting dominated and shut out against Spence.....
                  bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

My guess is DAZN was low on money because they spent a ton of money on internal throat repair surgery for Thuglife Nelo given how much canelo pole he smokes.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

I'm shocked you are becoming a complete and unbiased poster. An opportunity to rip into DAZN and you stayed impartial .Even the Hearn comment at the end couldn't undo all the good work you wrote earlier. So it is with great pleasure I offer you a like. Well done sir you deserve it
                      I’m not unbiased at all, I find hearn’s words and actions make him an extremely odious salesman and reprehensible person. He was extremely insulting when he came to the USA. You don’t go to other peoples homes and insult them especially if you want to appeal to them. The old WWF heel manager act is played out. I am unable to like and follow him simply because he is British. I’m not made like that. I don’t worship at the altar of Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X