Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Says DAZN Didn't Have Budget To Stage Regis Prograis Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    My guess is DAZN was low on money because they spent a ton of money on internal throat repair surgery for Thuglife Nelo given how much canelo pole he smokes.
    200.gif

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Mikey should challenge Josh Taylor
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Mikey is nothing more than a spoiled child now. He made huge money losing to Spence and Hearn thought his name would bring subs to DAZN but it didn't pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          Mikey should challenge Josh Taylor
          Arum wouldnt allow that to happen
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I still haven’t forgiven Mikey for losing every single round to Spence & then pumping his fist like he won as he walked back to his corner 12x

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
              You don't have to say it champ I'm saying it. That pumpkin head after facing Spence which I give him his props to be fair just wants easy touches or a shi*t load of money. I have never heard of who he is fighting, yet Mikey says it will be a good fight. The fact that it is a catchweight proves to me further that Mikey wants every conceivable advantage. Mikey's list of fighters he has called out but never fought

CRAWFORD
              THURMAN
              GARCIA
              COTTO
              PORTER
              LOMACHENKO
              PACQUIAO
              PROGRAIS

I don't see what everyone sees in him I like his family and he conducts himself well in interviews , yes he is a 4 division Champion but so is Broner ....exactly
              You're not wrong really. But here's the problem I have with the logic of "most" boxing fans...... name more than 5 fighters that have elite resumes in today's boxing? Not many if you really think about it. It's not as if ANYBODY hardly now days is racking up mega fight after mega fight. I mean I agree that say, Crawford is a better fighter than Mikey. But his resume don't say so. Everybody has a bunch of mid tier fighters on their resume and the stars have like 1 or 2 elite names on there. That's it. Other than a very very small few. Like damn near retired Pacquiao, Canelo, off the top of my head I can't think of any more.

The fighters that DO have a lot of elite names are the borderline journeyman or just fighters that lose a lot. Porter is getting there with the losses. Khan is one. Resumes aren't worth a squat these days when comparing talent.
              mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Canelo has broken everyone. It’s often been said that he is the biggest star in the sport. That statement needs to be assessed proportionally. Boxing at present is at a low point in the USA, Canelo is the biggest star in a sport that has almost no outreach to the American sports fan due to the politics of the sport and where those politics have left the sport. Canelo is popular with Mexican American fans but I strongly suspect that his worth is woefully overstated and that may become quite evidently exposed in this coming PPV. It’s a great matchup that I think is better than what the sycophantic Canelo fans are saying. Dayzin and Canelo clearly didn’t see eye to eye on the worth of Canelo against the level of opposition he was facing….which means dayzin wasn’t making money off Canelo. Showtime feels it can. We shall see. Espinoza is a good man for boxing and no doubt showtime shoulder programming will be on point. They did a good job of promoting mayweather’s fights and made a star out of him so we shall see if they can make Canelo bigger than what he has sunk too in the dayzin years. Espinoza and Haymon are colluding on this one, something tells me cbs is being sold on what it could mean for the company to have Canelo aboard. Time will tell of Canelo can return to what he was and possibly become bigger. I’d love to see it happen, his return to big fights is healthy for the sport. Being on dayzin wasn’t. GGG had all but become a memory….
                They better play nice because Canelo vs. Benavidez is THE ONE! Even Canelo vs. Charlo would be bigger than this one we have coming!

mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  They better play nice because Canelo vs. Benavidez is THE ONE! Even Canelo vs. Charlo would be bigger than this one we have coming!
                  clearly the place for him for now is against pbc competition
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

That’s right know your worth Mikey!!!!

Comment

Mickey really isn't worth alot to be honest. He's gonna get a wake up call when nobody is gonna pay him what he wants.

Comment

Working...
                      X