Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did JEFF HORN do such a good job against Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 main reasons were Horn is a big and strong Welter, he was allowed to rough house Pacquiao who isnt a slick fighter so does his work in close enough range to be affected by the dirty tactics of the house fighter and Horn also got the benefit of the judging.

Styles make fights and Pacs style suited those advantages of Horn where as a Crawford style fighter would leave Horn falling short and open to all sorts of trouble.

Spence is a big strong Welter and way smarter than Horn too. He really should use all his advantages to beat Pac.
    Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Mr Big Idea is going think of a better way !!!!!

I can't recall when compubox WASNT referred to after a fight.

A better way of deciding a fight than compubox?

Maybe just judging what you see? The way it's been done forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        3 main reasons were Horn is a big and strong Welter, he was allowed to rough house Pacquiao who isnt a slick fighter so does his work in close enough range to be affected by the dirty tactics of the house fighter and Horn also got the benefit of the judging.

Styles make fights and Pacs style suited those advantages of Horn where as a Crawford style fighter would leave Horn falling short and open to all sorts of trouble.

Spence is a big strong Welter and way smarter than Horn too. He really should use all his advantages to beat Pac.
        Everyone wants to ignore the numbers. Had those numbers been in favor of Horn and PAC WON....the crying and protesting would still be mucking up cyber space.

Comment

Australia is good at producing dirty, ugly, mauling, fouiling fighters who are good at making a fight stink and making great boxers look bad, but not so good at winning fights usually.

Horn, Sam Soliman, Sakio Bika, Danny Green, they all have this sort of ability to just turn a boxing match into a cesspit of fouls.

Tim Tszyu is the first Australian boxer who has been good to watch that I can remember since his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

A better way of deciding a fight than compubox?

Maybe just judging what you see? The way it's been done forever.
            Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Hence all the Horn won backlash

I'll say it again. Had those silly compubox numbers favored Horn AND PAC WON, the crazy Australians would have stormed the ring.

Comment

Also, Pac was old then (he's even older now) and had to take long breathers and rounds off and that's what kept Horn in it.

If it was a prime Pac then it would have been over very early as he just wouldn't have let up the onslaught that he did in round 8 or whatever it was, and Horn would have suffered CTE before being rescued.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pa...-stats--118132

''Was Pacquiao vs Horn rigged?
                Post-fight stats showed that Pacquiao landed almost double the number of punches that Horn landed. Dieter Kurtenbach of Fox Sports described the fight as "rigged", and T. J. Quinn of ESPN commented, “No way in hell Horn won unanimously,” he tweeted.''

Sometimes a bum like Horn will get the Rocky treatment and pull off a massive upset (via highway robbery). Being dirty AF and at home is a nice benefit. As the world saw, Horn's 10 minutes were over almost immediately. Toss Horn in with the other flukes of the sport. Not built for greatness.
                Thank you! We need to educate some morons. Jeff Horn was given a pass in so many different ways. He was receiving a beating, seem out on his feet and he was about to get stopped by the referee in the 9th round but obviously there was an agenda. That is was some morons call do so well???
                BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

''ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!?!?! JUST CHECK OUT THE PUNCH STATS !!!! Horn OUT LANDED Pac 4 to 1 !!!!!''

Flip flopping hypocritical FAF fight fan

Comment

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Hence all the Horn won backlash

I'll say it again. Had those silly compubox numbers favored Horn AND PAC WON, the crazy Australians would have stormed the ring.
                    You're the one who stated that compubox is the standard. And challenged me to come up with a big idea for another way of deciding fights.

I just gave you the answer any actual fan of the sport would give.

To make it clear for you... I couldn't care less about compubox numbers. I call the fight round by round based on how I see it. You should try it - it's what everybody else is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdasilva2012 View Post

Thank you! We need to educate some morons. Jeff Horn was given a pass in so many different ways. He was receiving a beating, seem out on his feet and he was about to get stopped by the referee in the 9th round but obviously there was an agenda. That is was some morons call do so well???
                      To some fcks, mauling, missing, having the ref tell you'' you better show me something'' and dirty tactics are scoring points for the home town guy !

Comment

Working...
                      X