Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luke Campbell Announces Retirement From Boxing; Wants To Spend More Time With Family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

I fully agree. That's exactly how I see it. I am British and in the UK, but I watch boxing worldwide with no bias, and yes, he is wildly overrated here. The fact is, the best thing he ever did as a pro is beat Tommy Coyle. And if you are thinking Tommy Who? You'd be right. I respect your knowledge BoxingIsGreat. You're a helluva poster. Nash out.
    Thanks bro. Likewise.

I don't really hate the guy or anything like that but I couldn't disagree more with the most British fans throughout Campbell's career. When someone interjects amateur or Olympic boxing into pro discussions, they usually have no case, and that counts for all boxers.

BoxingIsGreat out!

Comment

He's got to do what he feels is right, but he should've ended with one more Olympic run.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Thanks bro. Likewise.

I don't really hate the guy or anything like that but I couldn't disagree more with the most British fans throughout Campbell's career. When someone interjects amateur or Olympic boxing into pro discussions, they usually have no case, and that counts for all boxers.

BoxingIsGreat out!
        I always say that even if you are a great amateur, and win an Olympic Gold, Silver, or bronze if you turn pro and do nothing, that is your real level. Boxing is all about the pros, that's how good you are. Audley Harrison was the best amateur HW in the world, at least briefly, was he ever a top 30 pro? Absolutely not! I love that other people are taking the Nash out and making it their own. I got it from here. Watch it til the end, it's hilarious. Nash out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw
        BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

I always say that even if you are a great amateur, and win an Olympic Gold, Silver, or bronze if you turn pro and do nothing, that is your real level. Boxing is all about the pros, that's how good you are. Audley Harrison was the best amateur HW in the world, at least briefly, was he ever a top 30 pro? Absolutely not! I love that other people are taking the Nash out and making it their own. I got it from here. Watch it til the end, it's hilarious. Nash out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw
          Nice one.

There was another poster (may he rest in peace) who had always closed his posts with his first name (Ray). I thought it was cool. Most of NSB were sad when he passed away!

Namaste Ray!
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-30-2021, 06:42 PM.
          Nash out likes this.

Comment

Boxing is all about the pros? Not to the amateurs it isn't. Plenty turn pro because they have achieved their sporting targets and now want to earn some money.

Audley did make a lot of money from his pro career. Job done. Shame he blew it.

Could Audley have been a top 30 Pro? Yes, he could. They (or he) guided his pro career terribly. That tells you everything about the validity of a pro career. It's as much about marketing and matchmaking as it is sporting ability.

Whereas to win a gold medal, you simply have to be best in class.

Comment

Should not leave just yet. He should remain in the division to present stern tests for upcoming talents.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Nice one.

There was another poster (may he rest in peace) who had always closed his posts with his first name (Ray). I thought it was cool. Most of NSB was sad when he passed away!

Namaste Ray!
                Was it Ray Corso? I remember him. Nash out

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Boxing is all about the pros? Not to the amateurs it isn't. Plenty turn pro because they have achieved their sporting targets and now want to earn some money.

Audley did make a lot of money from his pro career. Job done. Shame he blew it.

Could Audley have been a top 30 Pro? Yes, he could. They (or he) guided his pro career terribly. That tells you everything about the validity of a pro career. It's as much about marketing and matchmaking as it is sporting ability.

Whereas to win a gold medal, you simply have to be best in class.
                  Incorrect. No matter how Audley was guided in the pros, he would never have been top 20, never mind best in class. BOXING IS ALL ABOUT THE PROS!

Comment

Was it Ray Corso? I remember him. Nash out
                    Yep... Ray Corso. Good memory!
                    Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                      Campbell retired because he regrets having caused Ryan Garcia's mental breakdown with that punch.
                      Ryan thought he could walk through punches, head up, all hook and land bombs. Campbell gave Ryan an education on TV, that's good enough for a pint from me. Ryan will have less mental issues if he moves his head and tucks his chin.
                      Last edited by Corelone; 07-30-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X