Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: My Position Is - If Fury and Joshua Win, Screw Any Mandatories!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to agree, kinda.
    People fight for the title. If a guy EARNS a shot, that's the breaks. Bypassing a mando deprives that mando of a title shot and a shot at being a champ.

The key word is earns.

Comment

What reasons are there to assume Wilder would win? Sure he always has a higher than average puncher's chance. Fury has a good inside game, Wilder has none. Fury is the better boxer at distance. Better mover. Fury is also heavier and knows how to use his size. Wilder has the right hand going for him, everything else goes to Fury's side. BTW you can see Fury throwing floppy jabs against Wallin as well. Did he cheat against Wallin too? Or could it be Wallin knows he lost fair and square, picked himself up and got better? What is more like? Fury defeating Wilder should not come as a surprise to anyone as he is the bigger fighter with more skills. Wilder has a heavy right hand and that's it. Why would the better boxer with size advantage need to cheat?

Fury will win and hopefully we get the undisputed fight after. Wilder has shown the poorest sportsmanship I can remember in boxing at least on championship level. Based on that alone I hope Fury wins in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthteller View Post

Thank you for that comment. I can now ignore you completely. I'll see you after Fury gets KOed
        ———-

You make outrageous comments and we respond but when we make comments that we know to be outrageous, you run.
        If you can believe and propagate lies, so can we.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post

Not facts. Credible evidence.

Wilder felt weak before the fight. Everybody else you listed, safe for Kovalev against Canelo, were beaten without controversy. In Kovalev's case, he was weakened by the weight stipulations and the fact that he had just had a gruelling fight with Anthony Yarde before the Canelo fight.

No. He said he felt weak, so weak that even his costume felt heavy. Very different.

Fury probably knew that Klitschko would have knocked him out. Just like Wilder will do whenever Fury builds up the courage to fight him.
          ——-
          All the fighters I listed “felt weak” too before their fights. In fact, the best one was Tarver when he lost to Hopkins - his words verbatim were “that was not me in that ring. Something was wrong, I was pointed”.
          And it was the gospel truth. That’s why Hopkins refused to rematch him because he knew Tarver would end him.
          Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Comment

If Bob's guy was the mando, does anyone think he tells his guy ''Too bad. No one wants to see mandos fighting for titles.'' ????

Comment

Fights have been stopped for much much less. In the first fight, Fury was hit with a right cross, followed by a left hook AS HE WAS FALLING. He lay dead for several seconds. At that point, in 9 out of 10 situations, Fury would have been counted out. As it turns out, it would have been premature, but that's the reality of the situation. He got lucky.

Now think about it. Wilder didn't hit him FLUSH and was fighting with an injured right arm. What happens when he's 100%? What happens when he connects with full force?

Maybe now you can understand why Fury has left the country and may never come back...
              I fully agree with you that Fury was lucky - in the UK that fight would have been stopped 100%, but that doesn’t mean the decision would’ve been right and the ref was proved correct in the end, with Fury actually finishing the final round strongest.

Besides, what you’re ignoring is Wilder was actually lucky to get a still clearly unfit and out of shape Fury still on the comeback trail after a 2+ year absence. The 2nd fight really showed what was up when Fury was fully fit.

And how do you believe toxicology results that nobody claims exists? In fact, the only proof Wilder’s team have publicly claimed is an ‘autopsy’ showing Wilder with a dent in his skull, a scientifically impossible scenario.

Another sincere question, do you genuinely believe all of Wilder’s excuses, e.g. heavy costume, water spiked by Breland, floppy gloves, egg weights in gloves, Fury’s finger piercing Wilder’s ear through the gloves etc.? How are you actually delineating between the impact of Fury’s multiple cheating tactics and the alleged treachery of Mark Breland? You mention toxicology results, does this mean you believe that Breland was actually the biggest culprit and deciding factor in Wilder’s loss? Isn’t this what Wilder believes and has doubled down upon in recent times as a matter of fact?

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                ——-
                All the fighters I listed “felt weak” too before their fights. In fact, the best one was Tarver when he lost to Hopkins - his words verbatim were “that was not me in that ring. Something was wrong, I was pointed”.
                And it was the gospel truth. That’s why Hopkins refused to rematch him because he knew Tarver would end him.
                Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?
                It doesn't sound ridiculous at all. Boxing is corrupt and you have to be on your P's and Q's to make sure you aren't poisoned, make sure your opponents gloves aren't tampered and the officials aren't paid off to look the other way. That's life and that's part of the game.

Wilder will knock Fury out if he ever dares to step into the ring and face the music. Then they can go their separate ways: Wilder to undisputed and Fury maybe gives Klitschko the rematch he signed up to give him.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post
                  I fully agree with you that Fury was lucky - in the UK that fight would have been stopped 100%, but that doesn’t mean the decision would’ve been right and the ref was proved correct in the end, with Fury actually finishing the final round strongest.
                  Yes, Fury's comeback made it Round Of The Year.

Besides, what you’re ignoring is Wilder was actually lucky to get a still clearly unfit and out of shape Fury still on the comeback trail after a 2+ year absence. The 2nd fight really showed what was up when Fury was fully fit.
                  Fury had four training camps and two fights to prepare for the Wilder fight, and Fury was the one who pushed for the fight after Joshua played flat-fee games and decided to go with Povetkin.

And how do you believe toxicology results that nobody claims exists? In fact, the only proof Wilder’s team have publicly claimed is an ‘autopsy’ showing Wilder with a dent in his skull, a scientifically impossible scenario.
                  I didn't say they did exist. I said I believed they do. Wilder wouldn't make the claim unless he had proof to back it up.

Another sincere question, do you genuinely believe all of Wilder’s excuses, e.g. heavy costume, water spiked by Breland, floppy gloves, egg weights in gloves, Fury’s finger piercing Wilder’s ear through the gloves etc.? How are you actually delineating between the impact of Fury’s multiple cheating tactics and the alleged treachery of Mark Breland? You mention toxicology results, does this mean you believe that Breland was actually the biggest culprit and deciding factor in Wilder’s loss? Isn’t this what Wilder believes and has doubled down upon in recent times as a matter of fact?
                  Yes I do, but not the way you spin it. Wilder never said the costume was too heavy. He said he felt so weak that even his costume felt heavy. Wilder believes his trainer spiked his water. The video I provided shows clear proof that Fury's gloves were tampered.

But that's not going to happen again without Fury getting caught or being disqualified. Now that he's managed to buy more time to train for the trilogy, he's going to have to fight on a level playing field, which is probably why he's getting cold feet. Wilder is going to punish him then smoke him. Fury just has to show up for a title defense for once in his life...

Comment

Yes, Fury's comeback made it Round Of The Year.

Fury had four training camps and two fights to prepare for the Wilder fight, and Fury was the one who pushed for the fight after Joshua played flat-fee games and decided to go with Povetkin.

I didn't say they did exist. I said I believed they do. Wilder wouldn't make the claim unless he had proof to back it up.

Yes I do, but not the way you spin it. Wilder never said the costume was too heavy. He said he felt so weak that even his costume felt heavy. Wilder believes his trainer spiked his water. The video I provided shows clear proof that Fury's gloves were tampered.

But that's not going to happen again without Fury getting caught or being disqualified. Now that he's managed to buy more time to train for the trilogy, he's going to have to fight on a level playing field, which is probably why he's getting cold feet. Wilder is going to punish him then smoke him. Fury just has to show up for a title defense for once in his life...
                    False.

Direct quote from Wilder: "He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is, Kevin, that my uniform was way too heavy for me."

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

False.

Direct quote from Wilder: "He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is, Kevin, that my uniform was way too heavy for me."

LINK
                      Oh no! Caught him!
                      And he can never take it back!
                      He said it and that's it.
                      Even if, after the fact, he clarifies it later you can always go back to that quote.

...and forget about what he says immediately after that quote.

“I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight".

... and forget about the fact that Kevin Iole never asks a follow up question like, 'are you blaming the costume?' and running with his own narrative instead.

What do you think Wilder's answer would have been?

Well, at the time, it probably would have been: "I don't know" or "Absolutely not".

Because, as I said, he DID clarify later that it WASN'T the costume. He said he felt so weak that even his costume felt heavy. And he believes his water was spiked because he felt great just before the fight, drank the water, then felt weak.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...-mark-breland/

Have you learned NOTHING in the past year about the mainstream media pushing a narrative and suppressing the truth?

Comment

Working...
                      X