Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: My Position Is - If Fury and Joshua Win, Screw Any Mandatories!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hustle View Post
    Team joshua feels the same way, unless wilder wins.

Then mandatories will come out of no where
    There will never be an undisputed HW champion while Wilder has one of the belts. Wilder avoided unification fights during his entire 5 year reign and if he regains the WBC title he will go back to avoiding them again.

Comment

When Wilder knocks Fury out in scary fashion in October, Hearn will be pushing for the Whyte mandatory and Joshua will go back to playing games.

Comment

Originally posted by zod66 View Post
        U kra i na. U kra i na. U kra i na
        Heroyam Slava
        Ajvar Ajvar likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
          I just get a weird feeling Fury announces his retirement after beating Wilder.

Fury is undefeated and is the lineal and Ring magazine champ, but along the way there have been several close calls like again Nevin Pajkic, Steve Cunningham, first fight with Wilder, where he made it out by the skin of his ass. He also has been brilliant at times, but he’s a guy who could lose any time he comes out he just hasn’t yet. That’s where a lot of his mental health and anxiety comes from, he’s overachieved and part of him will always be pulling to quit while he’s ahead.
          I've been saying that Fury will retire BEFORE the third Wilder fight. It's almost his only way out. He doesn't want this fight and the is too busy celebrating, to actually be bothered with training and getting ready to fight. He's already used the Covid excuse. The fake mental illness and depression excuses were already played years ago too. So what's left? Fake ankle injury again? I think one of two things will happen. He will either retire or get caught on PEDs again. So I think he retires BEFORE getting caught on PEDs. I hope I am wrong and the fight goes through. Especially since the under card is so good. But I called Fury coming up with an excuse for the fight on the 24th and now I'm calling it again.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I'm sorry Bob but your fighter is both psychologically, emotionally and mentally ruined at this time. If he is forced to fight Wilder in the Fall; October 9th. Then chances are he will be knocked the fuck out by Deontay Wilder in less than three rounds.

Fury is neither mentally focused or prepared for this Wilder fight. It's a fight that he never wanted. He is lacking both the focus, hunger, drive, motivation and will to win this time because he no longer wants it because he already has it.

Fury is now a mentally weak and broken fighter who cannot stand pressure. That Wilder rematch must've really destroyed him. He had to bite down so deeply; To the point of it spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting him.

Tyson Fury left a lot of himself in that ring that night that he won't be able to get back. He shall never be the same fighter again.
            KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
              When Wilder knocks Fury out in scary fashion in October, Hearn will be pushing for the Whyte mandatory and Joshua will go back to playing games.
              I’m genuinely curious, on what possible basis are you determining that this will be the fight outcome? Because it surely can’t be based on the previous 2 fights where Wilder barely won a round and got brutalised in their most recent encounter?

I can’t say that I’m a fan of Fury, but even then I can still see that this comment strikes of wishful thinking more than anything else. Care to explain where you’re coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

I’m genuinely curious, on what possible basis are you determining that this will be the fight outcome? Because it surely can’t be based on the previous 2 fights where Wilder barely won a round and got brutalised in their most recent encounter?

I can’t say that I’m a fan of Fury, but even then I can still see that this comment strikes of wishful thinking more than anything else. Care to explain where you’re coming from?
                Wilder knocked Fury out for several seconds in the first fight. 9 times out of ten, the fight would have been stopped. In the second fight, Wilder felt weak and was out of sorts, but fought anyway. He believes his water was spiked. You can bet he has toxicology results to back up that allegation. He then showed credible evidence (and honest people can see for themselves) that Fury's gloves appeared to lack padding and, at times, were bending in such a way to suggest that his fist was in the wrist area of the gloves:

Then we have the antics: multiple fight delays, expired contracts, interim fights, undisputed fights. Fury doing everything possible to avoid stepping through those ropes and facing a vengeful and determined fighter who has the highest knockout ratio in heavyweight boxing history.

But this time, unlike Klitschko, Fury has been ordered to honor the contract he signed, or retire. Makes you wonder what Klitschko would have done to him if Klitschko was given a chance to regain his titles. Wilder has that chance now and can't wait to get Fury in the ring. Let's see if Fury shows up...
                KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Pulling for Fury and AJ just to see undisputed because if Wilder wins Eddie will move AJ around to avoid that fight although I think AJ will take the fight I don't think Eddie has faith in AJ
                  Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Arum always wants what is best for him... no mystery there.

Comment

"Screw mandatories". Quote from man who's fighter has one alphabet belt and has never fought a mandatory.

In any case, if Joshua gets past Usyk he will have dealt with his mandatories. And it would be a Unification. Mandatories would be set aside.

So basically it's a whole load of nonsense from old man Bob.

Comment

Working...
                      X