Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PACQUIAO BEATING SPENCE IS THE GREATEST WIN IN 147LBS HISTORY, IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AboutBillions View Post

Floyds win over Canelo is better. Sorry.
    The ratings would disagree.

When Floyd fought Canelo, the latter was ranked at the bottom of the top 10 p4p rankings. Source: https://boxrec.com/media/index.php/T..._Ratings:_2013

Whereas Spence is ranked somewhere in the top 5 p4p.

But still. I honesty don't see Manny winning. If he does win, he still needs to beat Crawford, for me to rank him above Floyd and among the ATGs.
    Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      This fight doesn't even move the needle for me. If Spence wins, he beat old as dirt Pacman. If Pac wins, Spence is damaged goods. Either way, it's a useless fight. I can't understand the intrigue at all.

Nothing special.
      What kind of bullsht! you can't say "if Spence loses its Because hes damaged goods" its either he is or he isn't. Theres no contingencies in boxing,reminds me of all those haters who were saying ggg would batter Canelo then claimed afterwards"Because he aged him doe". Contingencies are just excuses made in advance not to give credit...

And I normally agree with you about belts being meaningless bs

but

Spence ISN'T damaged goods either imo,he looked just as always v DSG. If Pac pulls this off roids or no roids hes going up the atg list by tons of places
      Last edited by kushking; 07-27-2021, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

What kind of bullsht! you can't say "if Spence loses its Because hes damaged goods" its either he is or he isn't. Theres no contingencies in boxing,reminds me of all those haters who were saying ggg would batter Canelo then claimed afterwards"Because he aged him doe". Contingencies are just excuses made in advance not to give credit...

And I normally agree with you about belts being meaningless bs

but

Spence ISN'T damaged goods either imo,he looked just as always v DSG. If Pac pulls this off roids or no roids hes going up the atg list by tons of places
        It was not contingent on anything. I said neither win will be that good, period. Anyone can see Spence is visibly damaged.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-27-2021, 03:20 AM.

Comment

If Pac beats spence it is the best win of all time, 2 great wins back to back.
          You'd pick a prime SRR to beat spence, and SRL too also but not at nearly 43 years of age.
          If you done f things others couldn't do bef ore, you've got case for being GOAT
          Last edited by hugh grant; 07-27-2021, 03:26 AM.
          Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

It does not matter if you don’t care. Whether you like it or not, it’s a meaningful fight. And the only reason you don’t care is probably due to your favorite fighter holding a meaningless, fraudulent title. Can’t throw stones from a glass house, right?

Both are fighting better opponents than Gervonta Davis, the WBA regular champion. You have Lomachenko calling him out and his promoter put him in the witness protection program.

Old ass, part time boxer Pacquiao is fighting better opponents than dudes in their prime like Tank. Ass-backwards fans would cheer for a bum beater over an actual good fight between top 3 fighters.

And you not respecting winners of Ring/Lineal would be like a hater saying they don’t respect the winners of the World Series, Super Bowl, World Cup, etc. Ring/Lineal championship fights is the pinnacle of boxing. Because you can’t get ranked there like a regular title ranking. 9 out of 10 times, the best of the best for the Ring/Lineal, and the spot is earned like NBA playoffs, Super Bowl, World Series. Lineal/Ring is nowhere near the same category as WBC, WBO, IBF, WBA. Grouping them together is an insult to the past greats who held Lineal championships.
            I never talked about Davis in the context of belts. I don't give a **** about any belt, even if he was the one holding all of them. I'd still crap on them, all the time.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-27-2021, 03:19 AM.

Comment

It is meaningful in several ways.

1. First, it is for The Ring title, and i’m pretty sure it will crown a Lineal champion as well. Both Ring/Lineal are vacant. The last fighter who held the Lineal title was Manny Pacquiao. But he vacated it due to inactivity.

2. This an intriguing fight because it could be a “passing of the torch”, where Thurman failed. If Spence succeeds then we officially move on from the Money/Pacman era.

3. If Pacquiao wins he will be Ring/Lineal champion again. This would put him among one of the oldest fighters to win The Ring/Lineal title ever. And probably the oldest welterweight to do it. Hopkins did it at 46 at 175. George Foreman became HW Lineal champion at 45. Pacquiao is 42, if he does it, I think it would make him the 3rd oldest fighter in history to win the Lineal championship.

4. If Spence is damaged goods if Pacquiao wins, then boxing is trash. There is no such thing as a good boxer then and no fighter should get credit for a win ever again. If we’re really going down that route. Let’s not give any credit to any fighter.

5. While Pacman is old, historically old HOF’ers need to get beat up to retire, most of the time. Sure you have Hagler, Mayweather, Marciano, Calzaghe, Vitali Klitschko. But most of the time, HOF fighters get beat in to retirement. No one has beaten Pacquiao up, barring the JMM KO, which realistically speaking, Pac didn’t necessarily get beat up there. Sure Pacquiao is old and past prime but someone has to show the fans that. Someone has to step up. Plain and simple. Bradley could not do it. Thurman could not do it. It’s up to Spence. If Spence can’t beat Pacquiao, you can make pre-made excuses all you want but for fans and media, that would be very impressive for Pacquiao.

So elitist boxing fans can play down a Pacquiao win all they want, but to most fans, they will give Pacquiao massive credit. As well as The Ring, and those who follow Lineages. It would be a highly impressive win. It is also a necessary win for Spence’s legacy. In order to move forward as an elite WW, he needs this win. Pacquiao is old and past prime? Okay, Spence winning will show this and then we can move on from the story of Pacman. We can’t move on if none of these younger welterweights can step up to the old guy.
              Kev, you honestly think manny over Spence is better than Duran over SRL?

just the facts likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Kev, you honestly think manny over Spence is better than Duran over SRL?

Where did you get that from my post? I am not comparing Pacquiao or Spence to fab 4. I discussed the significance of the fight and what it would mean for Pacquiao to win and what it would mean for Spence to win and what it means for boxing.

The only fighters I mentioned were George Foreman (vs Michael Moorer) and Bernard Hopkins (vs Jean Pascal). Nothing else. This fight, if Pacquiao wins, would mean as much to boxing as those fights due to Pacquiao’s age.

I am not sure where or why this fight would be compared to Duran beating SRL.
                Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Pac ain’t beating Spence so it’s a useless argument. But if magically he did, it still wouldn’t be greater than Duran W15 over Leonard or Leonard KO 14 over Hearns.

Comment

Where did you get that from my post? I am not comparing Pacquiao or Spence to fab 4. I discussed the significance of the fight and what it would mean for Pacquiao to win and what it would mean for Spence to win and what it means for boxing.

The only fighters I mentioned were George Foreman (vs Michael Moorer) and Bernard Hopkins (vs Jean Pascal). Nothing else. This fight, if Pacquiao wins, would mean as much to boxing as those fights due to Pacquiao’s age.

I am not sure where or why this fight would be compared to Duran beating SRL.
                    Ok I was just checking to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      I don't consider the Pacman one of the best in the division either. In all honestly, Thurman is now C, C+ when he fought Pac. The only fighter Spence would get real accolades for is Bud Crawford. Till then, the division sucks, like most other divisions in boxing.
                      How did you feel about Tank fighting Barrios?

i hate bringing another boxer that isn’t related to OP but I don’t know how you can say this fight is meaningless while being a Tank fan

Comment

Working...
                      X