Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PACQUIAO BEATING SPENCE IS THE GREATEST WIN IN 147LBS HISTORY, IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "PACQUIAO BEATING SPENCE IS THE GREATEST WIN IN 147LBS HISTORY, IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE!"

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

I agree 100%.
    All past ATG hasn't done anything close.

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

I agree 100%.
    All past ATG hasn't done anything close.
    Floyds win over Canelo is better. Sorry.

Comment

This fight doesn't even move the needle for me. If Spence wins, he beat old as dirt Pacman. If Pac wins, Spence is damaged goods. Either way, it's a useless fight. I can't understand the intrigue at all.

Nothing special.
      buddyr and STREET CLEANER like this.

Comment

I agree with sean gibbons it never happen before and probably will never be surpassed again.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          This fight doesn't even move the needle for me. If Spence wins, he beat old as dirt Pacman. If Pac wins, Spence is damaged goods. Either way, it's a useless fight. I can't understand the intrigue at all.

Nothing special.
          It is meaningful in several ways.

1. First, it is for The Ring title, and i’m pretty sure it will crown a Lineal champion as well. Both Ring/Lineal are vacant. The last fighter who held the Lineal title was Manny Pacquiao. But he vacated it due to inactivity.

2. This an intriguing fight because it could be a “passing of the torch”, where Thurman failed. If Spence succeeds then we officially move on from the Money/Pacman era.

3. If Pacquiao wins he will be Ring/Lineal champion again. This would put him among one of the oldest fighters to win The Ring/Lineal title ever. And probably the oldest welterweight to do it. Hopkins did it at 46 at 175. George Foreman became HW Lineal champion at 45. Pacquiao is 42, if he does it, I think it would make him the 3rd oldest fighter in history to win the Lineal championship.

4. If Spence is damaged goods if Pacquiao wins, then boxing is trash. There is no such thing as a good boxer then and no fighter should get credit for a win ever again. If we’re really going down that route. Let’s not give any credit to any fighter.

5. While Pacman is old, historically old HOF’ers need to get beat up to retire, most of the time. Sure you have Hagler, Mayweather, Marciano, Calzaghe, Vitali Klitschko. But most of the time, HOF fighters get beat in to retirement. No one has beaten Pacquiao up, barring the JMM KO, which realistically speaking, Pac didn’t necessarily get beat up there. Sure Pacquiao is old and past prime but someone has to show the fans that. Someone has to step up. Plain and simple. Bradley could not do it. Thurman could not do it. It’s up to Spence. If Spence can’t beat Pacquiao, you can make pre-made excuses all you want but for fans and media, that would be very impressive for Pacquiao.

So elitist boxing fans can play down a Pacquiao win all they want, but to most fans, they will give Pacquiao massive credit. As well as The Ring, and those who follow Lineages. It would be a highly impressive win. It is also a necessary win for Spence’s legacy. In order to move forward as an elite WW, he needs this win. Pacquiao is old and past prime? Okay, Spence winning will show this and then we can move on from the story of Pacman. We can’t move on if none of these younger welterweights can step up to the old guy.
          Keleneki, Butt stuff and Spoon23 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

1. First, it is for The Ring title, and i’m pretty sure it will crown a Lineal champion as well. Both Ring/Lineal are vacant. The last fighter who held the Lineal title was Manny Pacquiao. But he vacated it due to inactivity.

2. This an intriguing fight because it could be a “passing of the torch”, where Thurman failed. If Spence succeeds then we officially move on from the Money/Pacman era.

3. If Pacquiao wins he will be Ring/Lineal champion again. This would put him among one of the oldest fighters to win The Ring/Lineal title ever. And probably the oldest welterweight to do it. Hopkins did it at 46 at 175. George Foreman became HW Lineal champion at 45. Pacquiao is 42, if he does it, I think it would make him the 3rd oldest fighter in history to win the Lineal championship.

4. If Spence is damaged goods if Pacquiao wins, then boxing is trash. There is no such thing as a good boxer then and no fighter should get credit for a win ever again. If we’re really going down that route. Let’s not give any credit to any fighter.

5. While Pacman is old, historically old HOF’ers need to get beat up to retire, most of the time. Sure you have Hagler, Mayweather, Marciano, Calzaghe, Vitali Klitschko. But most of the time, HOF fighters get beat in to retirement. No one has beaten Pacquiao up, barring the JMM KO, which realistically speaking, Pac didn’t necessarily get beat up there. Sure Pacquiao is old and past prime but someone has to show the fans that. Someone has to step up. Plain and simple. Bradley could not do it. Thurman could not do it. It’s up to Spence. If Spence can’t beat Pacquiao, you can make pre-made excuses all you want but for fans and media, that would be very impressive for Pacquiao.

So elitist boxing fans can play down a Pacquiao win all they want, but to most fans, they will give Pacquiao massive credit. As well as The Ring, and those who follow Lineages. It would be a highly impressive win. It is also a necessary win for Spence’s legacy. In order to move forward as an elite WW, he needs this win. Pacquiao is old and past prime? Okay, Spence winning will show this and then we can move on from the story of Pacman. We can’t move on if none of these younger welterweights can step up to the old guy.
            No 4, you cant say that because we wont know until the fight if that is the case, it depends if it shows during the fight, just losing doesn't mean he was damaged goods its got to reveal itself in certain ways for it to count, Im sure there will always be the bunch that will claim damaged or old not matter who wins, but knowing what you're looking at and the fight itself has to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Bold 1: I don't care about lineal by a magazine or website. I don't respect or follow any current ranking systems, and luckily don't even know many, by choice. I despite the belts the most. I don't recognize any of these things. Your answer might be a good answer for some belts or rankings fans.

Bold 2: Pac has nothing to pass on to Spence. He has no torch, or anything else for that matter. It's not even a good win for Spence, IMO. The guy has 7 losses, with some disputed wins. He's 1-3 against Marquez. I only gave Pac the first. Unless the torch is an empty handshake, the expression doesn't quite fit.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-27-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I don't consider the Pacman one of the best in the division either. In all honestly, Thurman is now C, C+ when he fought Pac. The only fighter Spence would get real accolades for is Bud Crawford. Till then, the division sucks, like most other divisions in boxing.
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-27-2021, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Bold 1: I don't care about lineal by a magazine or website. I don't respect or follow any current ranking systems, and luckily don't even know many, by choice. I despite the belts the most. I don't recognize any of these things. Your answer might be a good answer for the belts or rankings fans.

Bold 2: Pac has nothing to pass on to Spence. He has no torch, or anything else for that matter. It's not even a good win for Spence, IMO. The guy has 7 losses, with some disputed wins. He's 1-3 against Marquez. I only gave Pac the first. Unless the torch is an empty handshake, the expression doesn't quite fit.
                  It does not matter if you don’t care. Whether you like it or not, it’s a meaningful fight. And the only reason you don’t care is probably due to your favorite fighter holding a meaningless, fraudulent title. Can’t throw stones from a glass house, right?

Both are fighting better opponents than Gervonta Davis, the WBA regular champion. You have Lomachenko calling him out and his promoter put him in the witness protection program.

Old ass, part time boxer Pacquiao is fighting better opponents than dudes in their prime like Tank. Ass-backwards fans would cheer for a bum beater over an actual good fight between top 3 fighters.

And you not respecting winners of Ring/Lineal would be like a hater saying they don’t respect the winners of the World Series, Super Bowl, World Cup, etc. Ring/Lineal championship fights is the pinnacle of boxing. Because you can’t get ranked there like a regular title ranking. 9 out of 10 times, the best of the best for the Ring/Lineal, and the spot is earned like NBA playoffs, Super Bowl, World Series. Lineal/Ring is nowhere near the same category as WBC, WBO, IBF, WBA. Grouping them together is an insult to the past greats who held Lineal championships.

Comment

I don't consider the Pacman one of the best in the division either. In all honestly, Thurman is now C, C+ when he fought Pac. The only fighter Spence would get real accolades for is Bud Crawford. Till then, the division sucks, like most other divisions in boxing.
                    If most divisions suck then go out there and prove it. Go start a boxing career and join one the many weak divisions. Go beat a fighter in top 10 of your weight class. We are all eager to see you expose all these weak divisions. I’d also like for Tank to expose the weak 135 division. He seems to be allergic to meaningful fights

Thurman is a C fighter, okay go beat him.

Pacquiao is not one of the best at WW. K, go beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X