Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Castano Showtime's Most-Watched Live Boxing Match Since December 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

SHO and FOX are linked to the PBC but they aren't part of the same team. SHO doesn't give one rats a$$ about how FOX does and vice versa.
    I recently read some articles from earlier in the year that hinted at PBC and CBS were in talks to have PBC move to network CBS which makes a lot more sense that way there is channel continuity with the same parent company for both options.

Comment

I agree with Andre Ward during and after the fight. All Jermell had to do is throw the jab and stay off the ropes. I mean throughout the fight, he was voluntarily going to the ropes and getting his ass whipped on them. In my opinion, he isn’t too smart as a fighter, low boxing IQ. Every time he threw the jab with conviction and followed it with a right hand,
      he was in total control. He actually deserved the outcome he got, fortunate to get the draw, just from pure stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

SHO and FOX are linked to the PBC but they aren't part of the same team. SHO doesn't give one rats a$$ about how FOX does and vice versa.
        And that's dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          And that's dumb!
          Is it? Technically CBS and FOX are rivals. For PBC it would obviously make sense but for FOX and CBS? I don't think they care to be honest. They want to promote their own network and that's it.
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I recently read some articles from earlier in the year that hinted at PBC and CBS were in talks to have PBC move to network CBS which makes a lot more sense that way there is channel continuity with the same parent company for both options.
            I imagine it would make it easier for PBC to provide content as well. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul as far as who gets what fights go to which network.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I imagine it would make it easier for PBC to provide content as well. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul as far as who gets what fights go to which network.
              Was it you who mentioned it to me? And I agree, it keeps it all in the family so to speak no more dividing content or warchest money and CBS through Showtime has shown a multi-generational commitment to boxing, FOX hasn’t

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Um, we will see about that. I'm not convinced the FOX deal just ends this year. There is an option for a fourth year and clearly they are prioritizing just PPV fights while putting on lower level fights on their network. It may be better for the PBC if they made a deal with CBS instead where they would have all the fights. Espinoza can run the programming for both networks in that case. I'll need to see it to believe it though.

Comment

I love Showtime Boxing, but CBS does not promote Showtime Boxing....Like what if CBS interviewed Showtime boxers on their morning talk shows, etc.
                  krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

The most watched? Do they mean on only Showtime? Fox and ESPN events all average more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1110 View Post
                      It was a great matchup. I re-subbed to Showtime for the month in order to tune in.
                      You know I dropped Showtime over a year ago just based on the fact their boxing was slipping and none of their other entertainment was worth the fee.

They have been alive with boxing again. Really great cards. A few more to prove they are actually all in on boxing again and I may have to give them another chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X