Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Castano Showtime's Most-Watched Live Boxing Match Since December 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charlo-Castano Showtime's Most-Watched Live Boxing Match Since December 2019

Jermell Charlo-Brian Castano was Showtime's most-watched live boxing match since December 2019. Nielsen Media Research released viewership figures Tuesday that indicated an average of 422,000 watched the highly competitive, thoroughly entertaining battle between Castano and Charlo on Saturday night from AT&T Center in San Antonio.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well done. Shame that we don’t know the real numbers though. I get showtime through Hulu ad I suspect others do or through YouTube tv, Amazon prime, or some other app. I literally know only 2 people who don’t and both are older than myself. Would like to know what the added app numbers are since this is literally only folk with traditional cable. But hey, I still know a handful of police officers who still qualify with revolvers as their duty weapons….
    landotter likes this.

Comment

Not bad, much better than the rest of the cards post-covid for SHO. Did this during game 5 of the finals as well as the rest of the cards SHO has put in the last two years didn't have that type of competition.

The rematch may even be able to do numbers similar to Tank's last fight on SHO.
      Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Great fight that capped what I felt was a really good night of fights. Only problem for me was the scoring in the Aleem/Vidal and charlo/castano fights.

would love to see a card with rematches of those fights and Romero/barancyk level opponent.
        RJJ-94-02=GOAT and SweetPbfAli like this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Not bad, much better than the rest of the cards post-covid for SHO. Did this during game 5 of the finals as well as the rest of the cards SHO has put in the last two years didn't have that type of competition.

The rematch may even be able to do numbers similar to Tank's last fight on SHO.
          Yeah, that part! That hurt! Probably not the best move to make!

Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Good numbers for this fight. Considering its showtime anything more than 300k is a success. Sucks that it was a fvkcing robbery.
            NC Uppercut and Boxing Beast like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Yeah, that part! That hurt! Probably not the best move to make!
              I mean not like they knew game 5 was going to be on that day when the fight was made and you just simply can't avoid other big sporting events. Football is around the corner and boxing will be going heads up with big college football games soon enough. Just how it goes.
              landotter likes this.

Comment

"If you build it...they will come".....seems easy enough right but yet boxing hardly gives us it does it,ridiculous sometimes.
                landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I mean not like they knew game 5 was going to be on that day when the fight was made and you just simply can't avoid other big sporting events. Football is around the corner and boxing will be going heads up with big college football games soon enough. Just how it goes.
                  FACTS! However, that's the risk you take in this time of year! When football season comes, they should play off of that, just like Bob plays off the Heisman Show! They should also think about Friday Night Fights during football season too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    FACTS! However, that's the risk you take in this time of year! When football season comes, they should play off of that, just like Bob plays off the Heisman Show! They should also think about Friday Night Fights during football season too!
                    The difference is that SHO does not air college football games so they can't benefit with that type of lead-in.

Comment

Working...
                    X