Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Castano Showtime's Most-Watched Live Boxing Match Since December 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

The difference is that SHO does not air college football games so they can't benefit with that type of lead-in.
    Yeah, but FOX can, and they should! I believe SHO and FOX are like siblings, and CBS is the parent. SHO needs some push from FOX.

Comment

hell yeah...it was a success so no excuse not to run it back immediately for maybe December

Comment

It was a great matchup. I re-subbed to Showtime for the month in order to tune in.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Yeah, but FOX can, and they should! I believe SHO and FOX are like siblings, and CBS is the parent. SHO needs some push from FOX.
          SHO and FOX are linked to the PBC but they aren't part of the same team. SHO doesn't give one rats a$$ about how FOX does and vice versa.
          mgame mgame Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

People were treated to a great show that night. Both men fought very well, tons of drama. I felt Castano won but wasn't too upset about it. I hope they go for a immediate rematch.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I thought the Aleem/Vidal fight was the fight of the night and I agree with the above poster those 2 fights should be ran back. Both were highly competitive and debatable on who really won what.
              JohnnyCan JohnnyCan mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Great fight that capped what I felt was a really good night of fights. Only problem for me was the scoring in the Aleem/Vidal and charlo/castano fights.

would love to see a card with rematches of those fights and Romero/barancyk level opponent.
                It was a good card. I was actually looking forward to Yigit and Rollie but didn't realize how awful that combination would turn out to be with the footwork and Yigit stumbling around the ring.

Baranchyk is slated to fight Montana Love but I'd really enjoy seeing him and Romero drop bombs on each other until one is stretched.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

It was a good card. I was actually looking forward to Yigit and Rollie but didn't realize how awful that combination would turn out to be with the footwork and Yigit stumbling around the ring.

Baranchyk is slated to fight Montana Love but I'd really enjoy seeing him and Romero drop bombs on each other until one is stretched.
                  I missed that love v Baranchyk fight so we need someone else. Rollie is crude as hell but he can crack so he is always dangerous.

Maybe they can rematch him against the dude he imo lost to a couple fight ago and have a night of rematches.

Comment

I watched the fight on the showtime streaming app. I subscribe to showtime via streaming. That's pretty much how I watch all my boxing because I also have DAZN and ESPN+. Worth every penny for die hard fans

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      Well done. Shame that we don’t know the real numbers though. I get showtime through Hulu ad I suspect others do or through YouTube tv, Amazon prime, or some other app. I literally know only 2 people who don’t and both are older than myself. Would like to know what the added app numbers are since this is literally only folk with traditional cable. But hey, I still know a handful of police officers who still qualify with revolvers as their duty weapons….
                      Very true... We had both Game 5 and the fight on at the same time via 2 TVs. I can't recall the last time we actually watched a Showtime fight via regular cable, we've been streaming fights via the Showtime app for years and I guess others have as well as it is cheaper than adding it to your package via Direct Tv or Spectrum

Comment

Working...
                      X