Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highest ATG Ranking Achievable in Modern Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Highest ATG Ranking Achievable in Modern Boxing

    So how high is the sky with modern boxing. Top 20?

    simply put modern guys don’t have the schedule to beat up 6 elites every month

    black and white era fighters had this opportunity

    becoming top 10 seems out of reach for modern day.

    You read about the feats of top 10 guys. They’re mythical tales

    no modern guy is catching up with SRR Greb and Armstrong
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 07-19-2021, 03:17 PM.

  • #2
    If Pac beats spence more will think he is goat than people think srr is.
    You don't compare fighters today like for like compared to back then. You look at the type of fighter Pac is now and you gauge what he'd be doing if he were born 60 years ago
    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-19-2021, 03:26 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      The top 5 are what I call untouchables

      SRR Greb Armstrong Langford Pep Benny Leonard

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        So how high is the sky with modern boxing. Top 20?

        simply put modern guys don’t have the schedule to beat up 6 elites every month

        black and white era fighters had this opportunity

        becoming top 10 seems out of reach for modern day.

        You read about the feats of top 10 guys. They’re mythical tales

        no modern guy is catching up with SRR Greb and Armstrong
        Yeah Mane maybe PAC could crack top 20 if he beats Spence....But like you said its impossible to reach guys in the top 10 , those dudes fought put their records on the line constantly and there was no ducking.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          If Pac beats spence more will think he is goat than people think srr is.
          You don't compare fighters today like for like compared to back then. You look at the type of fighter Pac is now and you gauge what he'd be doing if he were born 60 years ago
          No the f-ck they won’t. Stop with this stupid Fanboy idiocy.
          Fists_of_Fury likes this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Everyone will call pac the GOAT when he beat spence but of course here in nsb some people would think that he isn't yet the GOAT.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post

              Yeah Mane maybe PAC could crack top 20 if he beats Spence....But like you said its impossible to reach guys in the top 10 , those dudes fought put their records on the line constantly and there was no ducking.....
              Yeah man even a modern fighter with 75 fights isn’t catching up to mofos with 250 fights in a talent rich era

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                So how high is the sky with modern boxing. Top 20?

                simply put modern guys don’t have the schedule to beat up 6 elites every month

                black and white era fighters had this opportunity

                becoming top 10 seems out of reach for modern day.

                You read about the feats of top 10 guys. They’re mythical tales

                no modern guy is catching up with SRR Greb and Armstrong
                Boxers used to be HUNGRY back then. Losing/Being inactive meant a death sentence for a boxer who didn't give it his all.

                They had that Xtra gear. I mean just look at this last weekend? Charlo has the size, chin, and skill but he fights lazy...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dudes back then work full time 60 hours a week. Still train and box on the weekends

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Dudes back then work full time 60 hours a week. Still train and box on the weekends
                    You talking about Charley Burley

                    legend has it he finished his shift took the bus back home to get his boxing gear

                    then took another bus to go whoop Archie moore
                    Shadoww702 likes this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP