Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people pretend anyone at HW could beat Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an interesting dynamic because the one thing that Wilder has proven in his career is that he has a good chin. He's only been down twice as a pro and both were against Fury. He didn't even go down against Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Tyson Fury KO’ed Wilder and now fans are pretending that the loss means everyone else can do that to Wilder.

Fury can KO Wilder in round 1 of their trilogy, it still won’t mean AJ, Whyte, Ruiz, Ortiz, or Usyk would automatically beat him.

Wilder looked real silly with his excuses and he has pretty much become a laughing stock. This has also led to fans giving Wilder a bunch of fantasy losses. Fury would whoop almost any HW in history. With his size, skills and movement. He’s a problem to any HW in history.
      Hes a paper tiger now. His aura is shattered. His confidence is gone. His coach is an OnlyFans diver. Wilder is finished

Comment

I was wondering that myself. People started saying Charles Martin and Dillian Whyfe would beat him. Seemed dumb to me...
        Floyd is TBE likes this.

Comment

At the end of the day boxers these days don't fight a lot and we, as human beings, need closure. So we ask these kind of questions. Looking at facts, Wilder is a devistating puncher with one punch type power and an ambush style of attack. That means things like, while Louis had to stalk, and use combinations to set up his punches, and where Dempsey came forward perpetually, Wilder can be across the ring, and be on you in a milisecond. But it doesn't tell us how good he is. Ortiz is actually a very skilled fighter, and to make it more confusing? Ortiz was winning the second fight handily before he got caught. So what does that tell us lol... not much.

What Wilder can do is stay away from people in the ring with his style, until he is ready to launch. I do think he would catch a lot of boxer punchers who do not apply pressure consistently. I mean Wilder is athletic, and a guy like AJ, or Whyte, are not fighters that apply constant pressure... I think Ruiz also has to set to throw his shots... I do think the OP has a point that Fury is special in that he can fight so many ways... he was able to pressure Wilder and keep him off balance. But these type scenarios are nothing new. Holyfield did it to Tyson... kept him going backwards and off balance...

My own feeling is that fighters today, with the plodding Ammy style, and the lack of skills in the ring are simply not equipt to apply consistent pressure as a strategy. Some of the guys coming up maybe... Wurdley has tremendous instinct for moving in the ring, and some of the other prospects have great jabs, and can apply this kind of pressure... We shall see
          eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            Wilder is a bum and all the names you listed would knock him out.

If not, Wilder wouldn't have ducked them.
            So Wilder had a gypsy fortune teller that informed him that he would be slept? and he therefore found a way to avoid all these potential detriments? Nice...

Comment

Tyson Fury KO’ed Wilder and now fans are pretending that the loss means everyone else can do that to Wilder.

Fury can KO Wilder in round 1 of their trilogy, it still won’t mean AJ, Whyte, Ruiz, Ortiz, or Usyk would automatically beat him.

Wilder looked real silly with his excuses and he has pretty much become a laughing stock. This has also led to fans giving Wilder a bunch of fantasy losses. Fury would whoop almost any HW in history. With his size, skills and movement. He’s a problem to any HW in history.
              As I've said multiple times we still don't really know if Wilder is an excellent world level heavyweight or a hype job bum.

His best win is a Luis Ortiz who we know is over 40 years old and, funnily just like Wilder we don't know if he's any good or not because he's never fought anyone.

So people can't really go on resume with Wilder, only the eye test, and I've seen A) Him struggle vs enough C tier heavyweights and B) him be totally unable to deal with Fury (who isn't a big puncher) pressuring him.

The result of above is I think he really struggles vs some of the guys you listed, B+/A- level guys.

And to be honest it's up to Wilder to prove people wrong because for a guy closing in on 50 FIGHTS and entering his late 30s his resume is GARBAGE.
              Szef likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                Wilder is a bum and all the names you listed would knock him out.

If not, Wilder wouldn't have ducked them.
                I don’t think he ducked them. As far as the listed names go, we don’t know that for sure (them KO’ing him). Ruiz is probably a negative. We have not seen anything from Usyk yet, and his fight vs Chisora was mediocre. I’d pick Wilder over both Ruiz and Usyk. Whyte was KO’ed by AJ and a faded Povetkin. And he was KD’ed by Rivas and Parker. So he’s not really hard to put down.

AJ vs Wilder is an interesting matchup. I don’t know who would win that.

Only one he faced there was Ortiz and he KO’ed him twice.

Comment

Because most can? How many fights did he get outboxed until landing a punch? He almost lost to Szpilka FFS.
                  Szef likes this.

Comment

Because ppl look at deontay and he's not polished

They can easily picture ppl out boxing him

But ppl don't have to eat Wilders power

With Wilders power, someone can outbox him for 35 49 seconds

But all it takes is 1 second to get caught flush by wilder and 10 seconds for them to get counted out

I think fans value boxing technical skills too much

The most technical boxer doesn't always win

Comment

wilder's resume is still weak and he always had a suspect chin

Something like the Whyte KO loss to 40 year old Povetkin could easily happen to him.

Fury really did write the blue print last fight though. Wilder has no power on the inside, only the right hand from a distance. if you can close the distance and pressure him inside, you got the blue print.
                      Last edited by elfag; 07-18-2021, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X