Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people pretend anyone at HW could beat Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some people pretend anyone at HW could beat Wilder?

Tyson Fury KO’ed Wilder and now fans are pretending that the loss means everyone else can do that to Wilder.

Fury can KO Wilder in round 1 of their trilogy, it still won’t mean AJ, Whyte, Ruiz, Ortiz, or Usyk would automatically beat him.

Wilder looked real silly with his excuses and he has pretty much become a laughing stock. This has also led to fans giving Wilder a bunch of fantasy losses. Fury would whoop almost any HW in history. With his size, skills and movement. He’s a problem to any HW in history.
    Floyd is TBE, hotwillz33 and 2 others like this.

Not fans' fault. His best win is still 42 years old Luis Ortiz.
    El_Mero likes this.

Comment

This thread title is honestly the first time I've seen it said. Wilder is easily top 3 in a shlt era of hw.

Comment

Yeah, to hear some folks tell it, everyone in the top 20 defeat him. Doubt many of them would bet it that way with actual money.

Comment

I don’t think it’s a matter of anyone but let’s be real , Wilder fights in the past come down to will he catch you to win while being out boxed . He hasn’t fought many skilled sizeable punchers . Breazeale the most recent as a puncher but that was who was going to land solid first and what level is Breazeale compared to current guys who have surpassed him like Wallin who Wilder made fun of when Fury fought him ?

Wilder fights are always unpredictable we’ve seen him hurt and know he was saved by the bell on 2 occasions and needed the stoppage to win or get by a knockout on himself . With Fury he was unable to do that because his reach was nullified .

I think the bigger question is why does Wilder get more credit then he’s earned . The notion Whyte , Usyk or Joyce can never defeat him is silly even if you don’t think they would . Wilder is as much a loss waiting to happen as it is a win waiting to happen if he connects right . Wilders looking great at least the footage they put out there but he’s aging and we don’t know where exactly hes at mentally this doesn’t ignore that know one really knows who would win if he fought a prepared Whyte it’s basically another who lands first again so anyone can make a case for a few defeating him .

Can anyone ? I could come up with a top 10 stylewise that would have more then a good chance .
          eco1, El_Mero and 4 others like this.

Comment

That’s what happens when you lose, when Joshua got stopped everyone and their mama then came out and said they could have beaten him, including Wilder and Ward… That’s what happens. It’s normal..,

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
              This thread title is honestly the first time I've seen it said. Wilder is easily top 3 in a shlt era of hw.
              This is the best era of HW's ever. The 90s was garbage, if you said that, I'd agree. Mike Tyson wouldn't be top 20 in today's brilliant era. Kronk is the GOAT. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                That’s what happens when you lose, when Joshua got stopped everyone and their mama then came out and said they could have beaten him, including Wilder and Ward… That’s what happens. It’s normal..,
                I think that was just trolls .

In Wilders case it’s been pretty consistent because he loses a lot of rounds where AJ is in actual control of his fights . You don’t get the feeling he needs to knock out his opponents to win . It’s why I still say Usyk would out box Wilder and be very weary and win a UD . Of course he gets the benefit of the doubt to most guys but like I said how many actual proven power punchers has he defeated ? This is telling because it opens up a lot of what if’s .

Comment

Wilder is a bum and all the names you listed would knock him out.

If not, Wilder wouldn't have ducked them.

Comment

Not anyone, but I believe quite handful of HW have good chance of beating Wilder. In some fights, Wilder was terribly outboxed. He was right that he only need one perfect second to knock his opponent out. Unless he fought someone who outbox and get to him first, i.e solid jabs and hard punch combination. That said, I think Joshua, Joyce, Yoka, or Hrgovic can beat Wilder. Usyk obviously can win a very comfortable decision if he can avoid Wilder's right hook for the entire 12 rounds. In fact, for Usyk Wilder is probably not as difficult as Chisora who is a brawler and use his physical advantage, unlike Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                    X