Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Intend To Stay At Lightweight, Win Back My Titles And Become Undisputed Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tokon View Post

So why doesn't Loma go down to 130, where 3 of the titles are with top rank fighters?
    As you get older, your body gets bulky. The natural sequence is for people to gain weight with age. Fighters win titles from smaller to bigger, not the other way around. Lomo spent a life time in the amateurs, he'll get KOd before he goes back down to 130 and leave half of that fight in the gym.

Comment

Loachenko is definitely in a strange spot. His body type is small for this division, but he seems more comfortable making this weight.

Either way, I think anyone in these comments saying he won't get big fights because he is "high risk, low reward" are nuts. He is a huge ratings earner. He is not Canelo or Joshua type of money, but he is a sure thing in this division. If he stays active, he will get as many shots at the top fighters he wants because his name and ESPN hype machine are both working to get those matches. I do not think there is the ability to make big money without proven stars at 140 and below there is at other levels.

Comment

I admire his attitude, hopefully Lopez gives him the rematch tho.

I dunno what in the world Loma was doing for those first 6 rounds being shook to bits, then all of a sudden starts fighting a day late a dollar short and starts winning- Had he been fighting from round 1 would of been easy work
        real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Lomo couldn't even do 15-1. Salido is his grand daddy now. A load of pleather belts won't get 14-2 into the hall of fame. Nakatani did better vs Teo and Lomo is falling apart, father time is always working, amateur or pro. I think Nakatani is going to Bushido him.
          Ready to discuss?
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

No. Loma stupidly didn’t secure a rematch clause and is not as lucrative a fight as the other 4. He also gave away his belt.

So he doesn’t have much leverage.
            Annnnnd Mayweather already came out and said Davis will never fight Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
              As long as you don't forget you gotta fight Haney to be undisputed.
              How does that make sense?

NSB says that Teo is undisputed because Sulaiman backpedaled and that Haney's "email belt" doesn't matter.

What changed?

Comment

I hope we all can agree that Loma would dominate and probably stop Garcia, who has his chin up in the air all fight..

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

How does that make sense?

NSB says that Teo is undisputed because Sulaiman backpedaled and that Haney's "email belt" doesn't matter.

What changed?
                  The very meaning of "undisputed," is that there is NO DISPUTE.

The fact that Sulaiman can't even make up his mind and decide whether he wants the Franchise belt to be the "Super," or whether it's a "champion-in-recess," means that there is a DISPUTE as to which is the real belt. The fact that there isn't a Franchise champion in every weight class, furthers that.

No fat, greedy, governing body president, decides single-handedly who an undisputed champion is. You believe what you want, but as long as that belt is around Haney's waist, the guy with the other three needs to see him to be UNDISPUTED.
                  Last edited by FLY TY; 06-27-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Im excited for the possible Loma vs Lopez rematch after hearing Teofimo Sr talking about it with Bob Arum. Should be good. Didnt think it was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

The very meaning of "undisputed," is that there is NO DISPUTE.

The fact that Sulaiman can't even make up his mind and decide whether he wants the Franchise belt to be the "Super," or whether it's a "champion-in-recess," means that there is a DISPUTE as to which is the real belt. The fact that there isn't a Franchise champion in every weight class, furthers that.

No fat, greedy, governing body president, decides single-handedly who an undisputed champion is. You believe what you want, but as long as that belt is around Haney's waist, the guy with the other three needs to see him to be UNDISPUTED.
                      Look, I'm not disagreeing with you, guy.

But I was just going back and forth with Fists_of_Fury over this very issue.

In my mind, WBC and WBA have basically conspired to ensure there can never be an "undisputed" champion except at heavyweight, while WBO has HW on lock, for the reasons you talk about (someone has a belt, thus there's a dispute). Meanwhile, IBF has sketchy mandatories that appear to be designed to force title changes.

That's why I wish more fighters would recognize IBO outside of heavyweight, because they're the only ones left that seem to let the fighters be the fighters and let the chips fall wherever. But the best fighters don't care about IBO, except Joshua.

Porter had a chance to take IBO from Formella, which if any of them gave a damn about it, would open up doors for unification that aren't there. Crawford would have no more excuse to duck Porter, it's a unification, which he said he wants.

So I just think, Teo can't be undisputed for the reasons you say, but likewise, nobody else in the division can unify, either, for those same reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X