Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Be Ordering the Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barrios PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

He won't dominate Barrios. Fight will be competitive. People are sceptical of Tank and rightfully so because of his matchmaking since Pedraza but this is a good fight.
    Agreed, and more so a fight I feel like he can look pretty mediocre in. Barrios can crack as well so we will see Tank's chin tested. It is one thing taking punches from guys like Pedraza or LSC, but Barrios is a bigger puncher than them.

If Tank goes Barrios and Garcia in back to back fights? That would be legit, but what I don't like is there has been no talk of the Lopez fight happening. That needs to be on the horizon if Tank gets past the two fighters I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Agreed, and more so a fight I feel like he can look pretty mediocre in. Barrios can crack as well so we will see Tank's chin tested. It is one thing taking punches from guys like Pedraza or LSC, but Barrios is a bigger puncher than them.

If Tank goes Barrios and Garcia in back to back fights? That would be legit, but what I don't like is there has been no talk of the Lopez fight happening. That needs to be on the horizon if Tank gets past the two fighters I mentioned.
      I totally see Tank vs Gonzalez being a real possibility next

Comment

I celebrate Juneteenth the entire month so I will be supporting Tank and ordering this fight.

Comment

I hope so, I'm a Lubin fan but his chin isn't great obviously and Rosario is very strong. In the rounds he didn't drop Charlo, he either won or they were competitive. Charlo has a great chin but he had to hold on to Rosario tight a few times.

Lubin will need to gain Rosario's respect in the early going and then he can outbox him to a decision or even a stoppage. He was pretty cautious vs Guasha though. Has to open up more vs Rosario.
          It’s a great acid test for him IMO. I’m a fan too and I believe he needs this type of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

It’s simply a case of levels for me mate. I expect Tank to hit him easily and hit him often, unless he’s in Gamboa fight shape, I expect Tank to destroy Barrios. He’s a C level guy IMO. I’ve got Canelo vs Fielding vibes about this fight.
            I get the Fielding-Barrios comparison but Tank isn't on Canelo's level quite yet. This is a real good fight considering Tank isnt proven past 130 pounds.

Comment

And that's another thing, you can never be sure with Tank since he isn't always taking camp serious lol.

I'm guessing he will this time around. But make no mistake, he was NOT dominating LSC before the stoppage. That was a really good, competitive fight. Would the tide eventually turn? Probably, but Tank still got hit a fair amount.

Canelo is also arguably the best fighter in the world. I just think you rate Tank higher than I do, that's all.
              I do believe Tank is potentially special tbh man. Sometimes you just get that feeling about a fighter. Had that feeling after the Pedraza fight and when I watched him live vs Walsh it really reinforced it for me, just the way he carried himself delivered his punches etc. Admittedly I could be wrong though… have been several times before and inevitably will be again at some point.

Comment

I do believe Tank is potentially special tbh man. Sometimes you just get that feeling about a fighter. Had that feeling after the Pedraza fight and when I watched him live vs Walsh it really reinforced it for me, just the way he carried himself delivered his punches etc. Admittedly I could be wrong though… have been several times before and inevitably will be again at some point.
                Yeah, I mean if he's special then he can't be half-a$$ing it in training camps and has to live the life 24/7 365 days a year. At 130 he is extremely difficult to beat, but let's see if that is still the case at 135 and 140.

Comment

It’s a great acid test for him IMO. I’m a fan too and I believe he needs this type of fight.
                  Agreed, and if he comes through in good fashion, then he can put himself right back in the title picture. Madrimov vs Lubin, who ya got?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I totally see Tank vs Gonzalez being a real possibility next
                    I'd be down for that fight. Cruz is crude but he brings it and we know how Tank fights. Someone is getting hurt and stopped fairly early in that one lol.

But they were eying the Ryan Garcia fight at the start of the year and I think they still prefer that fight.

Comment

I mean they will likely be streaming, which is their right.

Lomachenko is fighting on the same day though so a good amount of people will be watching that card instead.
                      Streaming makes it much worse as far as I'm concerned. If you disagree with the matchmaking and you're not gonna watch the fight, then don't. My point is, they'll still find a way to watch a fight they hate and let us know about it...even if they don't pay for it. Time is money but they'll feel vindicated for NOT paying money but forget they gave it their time. Lol

My observation is, the post-mismatch discussions seem to be more engaging around here, though we hear so much, "Yall are dumb for buying/tuning in to this fight" and "I won't be tuning in" being said.

Again, look at the countless Charlo/Montiel threads and the "He won't beat Canelo and Benavidez!" since Saturday...and this is concerning a fight people scoffed at.
                      KTFOKING likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X