Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Be Ordering the Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barrios PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keysandboxing View Post
    Hell yeah. Real boxing fans know that this is a stiff test/risky fight for Davis. Barrios has a bigger frame, larger arm length, holds solid power in both hands, and has shown a good chin at the weight. I believe he's a volume puncher as well, so to me, he seems like a bigger, stronger Leo Santa Cruz. People who don't buy the fight are just trying to come up with excuses about how the fight is going to be one sided etc., instead of just saying I can't afford to buy it.
    Be nice lol.

I mean as a fan you should buy what you want to see. You can be a fan of boxing and not support a certain PPV.

But yeah, I'll be ordering this card as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I feel like you must rate Tank a lot higher than I do because I'm just not sure why people are so confident he blitzes Barrios.

1. Tank has not shown his power travels past 130. Not saying it doesn't, but point me to what fight showed it does? Let alone at 140.
      2. Barrios took a lot of punishment from a natural hard hitting 140 pounder in Ahkmedov and never was dropped and still had the power to drop him in the 12th round.
      3. Tank gets hit and doesn't have great defense as we saw vs LSC and now he's fighting someone who is much taller with a longer reach.

I don't know, but I just don't see him having an easy time with Barrios at all. In fact, he can even lose if Barrios fights disciplined and works behind the jab.

The fight Tank's team was trying to make was the Ryan Garcia one before the latter moved on to Pacquiao...I wonder if they are using Barrios fight to prepare for Garcia? Since Garcia is a tall LW, has good power and length?
      It’s simply a case of levels for me mate. I expect Tank to hit him easily and hit him often, unless he’s in Gamboa fight shape, I expect Tank to destroy Barrios. He’s a C level guy IMO. I’ve got Canelo vs Fielding vibes about this fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Keysandboxing;n30964470]Hell yeah. Real boxing fans know that this is a stiff test/risky fight for Davis. /QUOTE]

No they don’t because it’s not…

The majority of what you said about Barrios you could’ve said about Fielding when he was fighting Canelo.

Comment

The co-main is Lubin vs Rosario which is a better fight than JRock's supposed fight anyways lol.
          Really like that fight. I got Lubin by KO.

Comment

The ones thats criticizing are the same people who said undefeated Pedraza was a bum when Tank moved up and KO’d him. He suddenly turned into a great contender once Loma went the distance with him.

Comment

Nah, he fights nobodies. Maybe when decides to put on big boy pants and fights a real champ instead of these secondary title holders I might

Comment

LOL! Is that even a question? Nope. Nope. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

It’s simply a case of levels for me mate. I expect Tank to hit him easily and hit him often, unless he’s in Gamboa fight shape, I expect Tank to destroy Barrios. He’s a C level guy IMO. I’ve got Canelo vs Fielding vibes about this fight.
                  And that's another thing, you can never be sure with Tank since he isn't always taking camp serious lol.

I'm guessing he will this time around. But make no mistake, he was NOT dominating LSC before the stoppage. That was a really good, competitive fight. Would the tide eventually turn? Probably, but Tank still got hit a fair amount.

Canelo is also arguably the best fighter in the world. I just think you rate Tank higher than I do, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Really like that fight. I got Lubin by KO.
                    I hope so, I'm a Lubin fan but his chin isn't great obviously and Rosario is very strong. In the rounds he didn't drop Charlo, he either won or they were competitive. Charlo has a great chin but he had to hold on to Rosario tight a few times.

Lubin will need to gain Rosario's respect in the early going and then he can outbox him to a decision or even a stoppage. He was pretty cautious vs Guasha though. Has to open up more vs Rosario.

Comment

And that's another thing, you can never be sure with Tank since he isn't always taking camp serious lol.

I'm guessing he will this time around. But make no mistake, he was NOT dominating LSC before the stoppage. That was a really good, competitive fight. Would the tide eventually turn? Probably, but Tank still got hit a fair amount.

Canelo is also arguably the best fighter in the world. I just think you rate Tank higher than I do, that's all.
                      He won't dominate Barrios. Fight will be competitive. People are sceptical of Tank and rightfully so because of his matchmaking since Pedraza but this is a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X