Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Don't Want Anything To Do With Thurman, He's A Cornball, I Can't Stand Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence definitely capping in the WW division he could solidify his legacy at WW by fighting Thurman and Crawford. Those are two fights that fans want. Be a champion and give us these fights
    Damn Wicked, mgame and charliepaerker like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      Errol Spence openly refuses to fight two of the best welterweights and no one cares.

Lol.
      It's a sad state of affairs

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Spence's fans have given him a sense of entitlement and we'll see that wall come tumbling down sooner or later. He acts as though Keith ducked him but he finally won his first title a couple of months after Keith unified against Danny.

Keith was injured after the March 2017 fight against Danny and was inactive for a while. Spence fought in January and June of 2018....I believe Keith was still recovering. I also remember his return being pushed back at the last half of 2018....pushing his Lopez fight to January and the Manny fight in July of 2019.

Spence thinks we forgot about the car crash and the fact that he has skeletons that kept him out of the ring....at least Keith was legitimately injured from training and fighting. Spence only fought once last year and is set to face Manny in August...so, he's taken off a bit of time himself.

This man lost ONE fight and suddenly he's "shot" because Spence fans can be so stupid and hyped.

If anything, Keith's performances against Lopez and Manny were a culmination of injuries and layoffs coming to a head; who knows how he'll perform when he returns this year. If I had to bet, most of the distractions have subsided and/or been handled on Keith's side. We'll have to wait and see.

Yes spence almost died in a car crash and has been more active than Thurman. From 2019 until now, spence is about to have his 4th fight in a few months with a near death experience thrown in there. From 2019 until now, Thurman has one fight, a loss to a 40 year old and no fight lined up. Thurman is looking to cash out without having to prove his worth or prove he is a top welter. He is 1-1 in 4 years but thinks he deserves an automatic shot at the title or an automatic big fight. Why should someone who fought 4 times as much as him recently offer him a fight without him having to put in any work when he is the one with the losing record?
        charliepaerker and Castilo like this.

Comment

when american boxing was real and not wwf, when two boxers disliked each other it made the fight bigger and better. grudge fighs sell. but pbc is all fake and all the pbc in house fake fights are scripted.

pbc can't make a real grudge fight, even when it's right there in house ready to be made.

spence ducking thurman proves pbc is a giant house of fraud fake fights.

Comment

Thurman revealed they both have the same manager. Haymon.

anyone else know that thurman is really about five years older than the age he claims?

Comment

This is great.

F Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                What a pointless fight? Keith Thurman is a shot fighter now. He has nothing left. Erroll Spence would absolutely obliterate him if they fought now at this stage of his career.
                Then he should do it. They’re in the same weight class, same network, same promoter. If he can obliterate him then he should do it. Although he could not even obliterate a fat, blown up Lightweight in Mikey Garcia. I like Spence more than Thurman, and I think Spence has the better career so far. But Spence’s “i’m not fighting Thurman” is weird. Usually you see this because two boxers are friends, or they are in different networks/promotional companies. It’s bizarre to see it between two fighters that can fight eachother with no politics issues. Yes Thurman didn’t fight him when he was up and coming. It happens to many fighters. It happened to Thurman himself. Thurman was going to fight Maidana but Maidana pulled out because he was offered more money. Thurman called out Malignaggi and Malignaggi told him to go get a title. Thurman could not get a big name.

DLH and Mosley did it to Mayweather, and Mayweather still fought them, still wanted them after leaving TR. Mosley was begging for a fight with Floyd. Floyd did the same thing Spence did, told he he rejected him in the past when he wanted recognition for beating a big name. But difference between Floyd and Spence is that Floyd had way more critics, more media attention. Floyd was pushed in the Mosley fight with pressure from critics, media, and Mosley himself. It was made a very big deal, him not wanting Mosley because Mosley rejected him in the past. Spence is lucky he doesn’t have the critics, media attention that Floyd had. Or else he would be getting eaten alive for refusing to fight the #4 ranked WW Keith Thurman. And for the weak reason he is giving too. Spence would likely jump at a fight vs Roman Gonzalez at 147, but then say no to Thurman over some childish stuff.

Spence just looks like a child. Like many fighters before him didn’t have that happen to them. If he can easily beat Thurman, a former world champion and top 5 welterweight of this time, whose lone loss was to a HOF’er/legend, then fight him and beat him. He had no issues fighting the undersized Mikey Garica coming up two weight classes. So go obliterate Thurman too.
                Hype job, Damn Wicked and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Then he should do it. They’re in the same weight class, same network, same promoter. If he can obliterate him then he should do it. Although he could not even obliterate a fat, blown up Lightweight in Mikey Garcia. I like Spence more than Thurman, and I think Spence has the better career so far. But Spence’s “i’m not fighting Thurman” is weird. Usually you see this because two boxers are friends, or they are in different networks/promotional companies. It’s bizarre to see it between two fighters that can fight eachother with no politics issues. Yes Thurman didn’t fight him when he was up and coming. It happens to many fighters. It happened to Thurman himself. Thurman was going to fight Maidana but Maidana pulled out because he was offered more money. Thurman called out Malignaggi and Malignaggi told him to go get a title. Thurman could not get a big name.

DLH and Mosley did it to Mayweather, and Mayweather still fought them, still wanted them after leaving TR. Mosley was begging for a fight with Floyd. Floyd did the same thing Spence did, told he he rejected him in the past when he wanted recognition for beating a big name. But difference between Floyd and Spence is that Floyd had way more critics, more media attention. Floyd was pushed in the Mosley fight with pressure from critics, media, and Mosley himself. It was made a very big deal, him not wanting Mosley because Mosley rejected him in the past. Spence is lucky he doesn’t have the critics, media attention that Floyd had. Or else he would be getting eaten alive for refusing to fight the #4 ranked WW Keith Thurman. And for the weak reason he is giving too. Spence would likely jump at a fight vs Roman Gonzalez at 147, but then say no to Thurman over some childish stuff.

Spence just looks like a child. Like many fighters before him didn’t have that happen to them. If he can easily beat Thurman, a former world champion and top 5 welterweight of this time, whose lone loss was to a HOF’er/legend, then fight him and beat him. He had no issues fighting the undersized Mikey Garica coming up two weight classes. So go obliterate Thurman too.
                  Like I said Keith is now a ruined fighter. Which is why he has only fought twice in the last four years. His body is slowly breaking down. Which is a clear sign of premature aging. You saw what Grandpa Pac did to him. He is a 32 year old wash out. His career is basically over and should ponder retirement.

Comment

The welter division is bit of a joke. Spence and Crawford have made it so.

Hopefully the next generation won't be like them. I have a lot of hope for Ennis and Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      The welter division is bit of a joke. Spence and Crawford have made it so.

Hopefully the next generation won't be like them. I have a lot of hope for Ennis and Ortiz.
                      Let's play that great game of- name Spence and Crawford's top 5 opponents! Let's not, it's the most underwhelming game going.
                      Hope Ennis, Ortiz and the rest put the true competitor's spirit back into the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X