Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Don't Want Anything To Do With Thurman, He's A Cornball, I Can't Stand Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ————-
    How could he be ducking Thurman when he was busy fighting PAC, Maidana x2 and Canelo?

You’re still missing the point I’m agreeing with you about fighting Berto instead of Thurman. He should have.
    To say he “ducked Thurman for years” is just not true. After beating Canelo, Maidana and PAC, Floyd should have fought Thurma for his last fight in 2015.
    Period.
    Say what?

No problem with Canelo he was a young hungry lion who earned a shot at Floyd, but

Manny Pacquaio fight was 5 years past the due date.

Marcos Madonna is a c class bum that earned a shot by beating another c class bum in Adrian Broner? C'mon. 1 fight ok but he wasted two fights on this bum one of those fights could have went to Thurman's call out.

After an easy fight with a past prime Manny in which he stunk up the joint running and hugging, he fights another easy c class bum in Berto?

Floyd was getting 30 million minimum for these easy fights and instead of his fanboys pushing for him to shut Thurman up, they make every excuse in the world to justify him ducking Thurman. This is why boxing is in the state its in.

Comment

• One Time Thurman explains everything here:

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
      Hype job likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Say what?

No problem with Canelo he was a young hungry lion who earned a shot at Floyd, but Manny Pacquaio fight was 5 years past the due date.

Marcos Madonna is a c class bum that earned a shot by beating another c class bum in Adrian Broner? C'mon. 1 fight ok but he wasted two fights on this bum one of those fights could have went to Thurman's call out.

After an easy fight with a past prime Manny in which he stunk up the joint running and hugging, he fights another easy c class bum in Berto?

Floyd was getting 30 million minimum for these easy fights and instead of his fanboys pushing for him to shut Thurman up, they make every excuse in the world to justify him ducking Thurman. This is why boxing is in the state its in.
        ——
        I don’t want to rag on PAC but when exactly was his prime? In his prime, he had epic battles with Marquez, Morales and Barrera at lower weight class.
        In his next prime, he beat Oscar, Cotto and Margarito at Catchweight and Marquez bested him in 2012. Meanwhile, Floyd mopped the floor with Marquez in 2009. Floyd beat Thurman to become the oldest WW champ ever yet Floyd beat him in 2015.
        This is an irrelevant debate at this point.

No sane boxing fan can ever justify Berto. Here’s the thing, Floyd could have fought Thurman and beat him up and Manny fans would still rag Floyd with something.,

Comment

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ——
          I don’t want to rag on PAC but when exactly was his prime? In his prime, he had epic battles with Marquez, Morales and Barrera at lower weight class.
          In his next prime, he beat Oscar, Cotto and Margarito at Catchweight and Marquez bested him in 2012. Meanwhile, Floyd mopped the floor with Marquez in 2009. Floyd beat Thurman to become the oldest WW champ ever yet Floyd beat him in 2015.
          This is an irrelevant debate at this point.

No sane boxing fan can ever justify Berto. Here’s the thing, Floyd could have fought Thurman and beat him up and Manny fans would still rag Floyd with something.,

I will tell you when Manny's prime was not. It definitely was not when Floyd fought him and you can take that to the bank.

Yeah Floyd could have fought Thurman, Floyd should have fought Thurman, but plain and simple Floyd ducked him. He wanted an easy fight with Berto and getting ragged for it is justified. Can't really talk about what a guy could have done when he had the opportunity to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post

I will tell you when Manny's prime was not. It definitely was not when Floyd fought him and you can take that to the bank.

Yeah Floyd could have fought Thurman, Floyd should have fought Thurman, but plain and simple Floyd ducked him. He wanted an easy fight with Berto and getting ragged for it is justified. Can't really talk about what a guy could have done when he had the opportunity to do it.
            ————
            Thats fine that he was not in his prime BUT he sure was when Marquez KO’d him, right?
            Also, why didn’t Manny go after Floyd from 2005-2008? Where was Manny hiding?

Comment

• Thurman never ducked Spence that's a damn lie.

Comment

Working...
              X